Dino Kresinger

mack

If he's cut it won't be because of the spots. It'll be because he can't score or he's paid more than the club wants to give him for an extension and he leaves. We have 7 foreign spots available and are only using 6. We have the extra spot for next year.

If he's cut it won't be because of the spots. It'll be because he can't score or he's paid more than the club wants to give him for an extension and he leaves. We have 7 foreign spots available and are only using 6. We have the extra spot for next year.

And that extra marquee spot was agreed to by the other HAL clubs and not something that the FFA stipulated right?

Fair enough, just feel bad because I've seen many of these target man type players whose great contribution not be reflected in goals get dropped over the years.

Wait and see I guess.

Fair enough, just feel bad because I've seen many of these target man type players whose great contribution not be reflected in goals get dropped over the years.

Wait and see I guess.

I would love to see some detailed Opta style stats like the EPL because any striker target man or not with a record of 15+ games with 1 goal is very poor. 

As a target man "Viduka-esk" style you would want him to play with his back to goal and flick the ball on with his head or feet to bridge/Hersi/Ono and let them shoot. Out of 15+ games it would be reasonable to have a 30%? assist rate meaning 4 Assists? He has had 1 assist? Maybe 2? (Depending on the amount of balls he has received)

I believe he has only had 2 shots "On Target" ?

These stats are abysmal for a striker of any type (Target Man or not).

He is good at getting back and trying to win the ball back from the defenders but if that's what your using a striker for then I would say we are in trouble.

The truth is if we were not in such blistering form game in and game out, people would be asking a lot more questions of him as a striker.

Good on him he wears the Red and Black, seems like a nice guy and tries hard every game but he a very poor striker and the A-League looks beyond his level. 

We could do better to get a finisher that would jump on the end of all the quality balls from Ono and Hersi and whack them in the net...

EDIT:

I just found stats on the ESPN website...not as detailed as I would like but It worse with Assists and better with Shots on Goal 

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team/squad/_/id/13696/league/aus.1/western-sydney-fc?cc=3436

He has had 11 Starts, 5 Subs, 21 Shots, 6 Shots on Target, 1 Goal, 0 Assists ....

0 Assist for a "target man".

Look Dinos contribution is never going to be telling on his stats.

But nevertheless he providing an important ingrediant to our squad in being an outlet for our team, in which he controls the ball in a forward area and then allows Ono or Hersi or Mooy to start an attack with the opposition on the back foot.

Also he provides his airial ability and handy flick ons which result in our attacking players creating opportunities.

Also his defensive work rate has grown alot over the weeks.

Granted his finising is woeful, im sure Covic would fair better in the penalty area.

But the fact is he does make a telling contribution, the question is can we find a replacement that can offer this, along with the goals we need? Or offer much of the same at a cheaper price and not on a visa spot?

The answer is probably yes.

Its taken a little bit longer for Dino to settle than we first expected, but to tell you the truth, he is putting in a huge amount of work and effort when he plays. I know he is supposed to score but have a look through the years and see how many strikers have suffered with one up front. Its ridiculously difficult. Anyway he is being used better these days and a lot of defenders are having trouble handling his size,  the only way they can cope is to bring him down by grabbing his shirt. He is playing well with his back to goal and laying off passes and linking with the supporting midfielders. We probably didnt say at the start of the season but right now he is one of our better options up front.

Edited by Jukes01

Its taken a little bit longer for Dino to settle than we first expected, but to tell you the truth, he is putting in a huge amount of work and effort when he plays. I know he is supposed to score but have a look through the years and see how many strikers have suffered with one up front. Its ridiculously difficult. Anyway he is being used better these days and a lot of defenders are having trouble handling his size,  the only way they can cope is to bring him down by grabbing his shirt. He is playing well with his back to goal and laying off passes and linking with the supporting midfielders. We probably didnt say at the start of the season but right now he is one of our better options up front.

I owe you a beer, the defenders have nothing on him except for grabbing onto his jersey.

I admit he is a striker and he hasnt scored many, but its his first season in the A-League, give the man a season to settle in, its not like we have paid 2 Million for 6 months for ADP and were coming 8th .. like Smurf FC.

We are doing well, Long Live Dino!!!

Look Dinos contribution is never going to be telling on his stats.

But nevertheless he providing an important ingrediant to our squad in being an outlet for our team, in which he controls the ball in a forward area and then allows Ono or Hersi or Mooy to start an attack with the opposition on the back foot.

Also he provides his airial ability and handy flick ons which result in our attacking players creating opportunities.

Also his defensive work rate has grown alot over the weeks.

Granted his finising is woeful, im sure Covic would fair better in the penalty area.

But the fact is he does make a telling contribution, the question is can we find a replacement that can offer this, along with the goals we need? Or offer much of the same at a cheaper price and not on a visa spot?

The answer is probably yes.

This. The point one has to make is that whilst Dino may not be a good player, he is a necessary one insofar as we play high tempo, direct football.

I agree that more competition is required upfront. Aside from the Sydney derby, Gibbs hasn't impressed at all.

If dino gets replaced part of me dies, no one tries as hard as he does for our colours that effort must be rewarded!

Can't help but smile at this.

If dino gets replaced part of me dies, no one tries as hard as he does for our colours that effort must be rewarded!

I hope thats smiling for a good reason and not smiling because you think im a looney!

I hope thats smiling for a good reason and not smiling because you think im a looney!

Good reason.

Good reason.

Im Glad, i was not a fan of Dinos to begin with but after seeing all the effort he puts in and his desire / drive to help the team you cant help but be a fan boy, goals or no goals he keeps the ball well and causes headaches for defenders!

on 100K plus apparently 

striker, 15 games 1 goal....

should be blooding young australian players who have a future not 30 year old flops who cant even get a shot on target 

Apparently? love the confidence in that!

Lets agree to disagree,

on 100K plus apparently 

should be blooding young australian players who have a future not 30 year old flops who cant even get a shot on target 

Lets agree to disagree,

have been told that by a reliable source but im not confirming it

do u think his playing for peanuts ? lol 

on 100K plus apparently 

Lets agree to disagree,

No i have no doubt he is well paid, but to complain about someone doing a decent job on 100k in comparison to Del Piero getting 2 Million for 6 months ..

Remind me who is 8th on the ladder again?

All in All we have a great team and i think he adds to that, simply put he may not score many goals but he works extremely hard for the cause!

Either way, ive made my opinion clear :)

on 100K plus apparently 

Lets agree to disagree,

No i have no doubt he is well paid, but to complain about someone doing a decent job on 100k in comparison to Del Piero getting 2 Million for 6 months ..

ahahahaa

on 100K plus apparently 

Lets agree to disagree,

ahahahaa

from memory a strikers role is to score goals and to atleast get a few shots on target... he hasnt really done any of those 2 things so imo he is doing crap 

lovrek and kresinger are flops imho we would do wonders if we had tadic from the heart 

my main concern is why pay big money for a import who really dosent do anything positive beside hold the ball up...

plenty of top class state league strikers who could cut it at the level and wouldn't cost the club alot of $$$

on 100K plus apparently 

Lets agree to disagree,

ahahahaa

on 100K plus apparently 

Lets agree to disagree,

ahahahaa

from memory a strikers role is to score goals and to atleast get a few shots on target... he hasnt really done any of those 2 things so imo he is doing crap 

lovrek and kresinger are flops imho we would do wonders if we had tadic from the heart 

my main concern is why pay big money for a import who really dosent do anything positive beside hold the ball up...

plenty of top class state league strikers who could cut it at the level and wouldn't cost the club alot of $$$

Were obviously not going to agree on this topic, but thats what discussions are about! ahahahaa

Tadic is great but i dont think he would have the same connection with the crowd that Dino has?

Either way i think its time for a .gif to lighten the mood!

tumblr_m454ngobfW1qavd1zo1_500.gif

Dino really does seem a great person and club man. I was waiting outside the gates with my dad when the players were starting to arrive- while they were all more than happy to sign autographs and take photos for those who approached, they obviously wanted to get in and get prepared so we just stood back and watched them file past. Dino however walked by and gave us a wave and 'hey guys' (to which i responded with his signature fist pump and 'DINO!'). :xbop:  

Dino really does seem a great person and club man. I was waiting outside the gates with my dad when the players were starting to arrive- while they were all more than happy to sign autographs and take photos for those who approached, they obviously wanted to get in and get prepared so we just stood back and watched them file past. Dino however walked by and gave us a wave and 'hey guys' (to which i responded with his signature fist pump and 'DINO!'). :xbop:  

Dino! Dino! Dino! Dino!

Time for a Proper Dino chant !!! He is our number 9 after all.......I'm sure you all know the tune :)

Came to the west as Popa's mate, DINO. DINO.

He will score you just have to wait, DINO. DINO.

Pumps his chest when we cheer his name. One day he will win us a game.

DINO KRESINGER WANDERERS NUMBER 9.

Edited by Pup