Mark Bridge

mack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

typical Bridgey last night! showed us the best and worst of him haha. missed two absolute sitters to grab his hat-trick 

Indeed...vintage Bridge.

His first goal was a fairly simple ask and thanks to Dino's dummy (cough cough :cheeky: ) he had no problems sinking it. The second was without doubt one of his best this year in terms of skill and use of the ball. Then he had two very decent chances that in all honesty should have given us a 5-0 win and he couldn't aim right. Frustrating yes, but would I rather have someone like Bridgey in the team rather than a goal scoring machine in a very ordinary like Smeltz, ADP or Brockie?

Hell yes!

Edited by ManfredSchaefer

typical Bridgey last night! showed us the best and worst of him haha. missed two absolute sitters to grab his hat-trick 

Yeah, that last one looked even worse on camera

iVa0H1ZtoxB1g.gif

Disagreed. 4-5 rows of us in the core bay were already singing 'let's go ******* mental' and jumping/generally going crazy before someone casually pointed out that it had missed. 

Yeah, that last one looked even worse on camera

iVa0H1ZtoxB1g.gif

Disagreed. 4-5 rows of us in the core bay were already singing 'let's go ****ing mental' and jumping/generally going crazy before someone casually pointed out that it had missed. 

Oh, we thought it had gone it too from where I was standing. Just saying the camera made it look worse than how it looked at the game.

I understand what you're saying now. I think Bridgey suffered because he almost had too much time. That defender seems pretty nonchalant about closing him down, and Bridge has decided to try and place it rather than just put his foot through it. Shame, but it didn't really matter much in the end hey. Shame Bridgey didn't get his hat-trick. His work for the second was great... Even if he didn't score he should have had a penalty. Really turned his career around... Is that 11 goals this year? Hero.

(But it must be acknowledged he definitely suffers from some horrible misses) 

• 3 weeks later...

My mate after the Roar game. "When the F... did Mark Bridge become Messi?! he's been doing nutmegs and turning guys inside out all game" 

How far you've come gone Bridgey, i've got a sneaky feeling he is going to get us the winner in the Grand Final.

Edited by Acquisition

My mate after the Roar game. "When the F... did Mark Bridge become Messi?! he's been doing nutmegs and turning guys inside out all game" 

How far you've come gone Bridgey, i've got a sneaky feeling he is going to get us the winner in the Grand Final.

he's done it twice already.

Mate at the beginning of the year i really didn't think I would be that happy with the Bridge singing..But mate, he has made such a fool out of me and all those who doubted. His fitness, passion and skill levels have just quadrupoled...watching some of his moves against the Roar, I couldnt believe the things he was doing..Bridge..take a massive bow. for my money you have been one of the best all season, a pleasure to watch..go score a couple this weekend..LOVE YOUR WORK

• 4 months later...

Western Sydney Wanderers striker Mark Bridge has signed a new deal which will keep him at the club until the end of the 2016-2017 A-League season. "Moving home to Western Sydney and playing for the Wanderers was one of the best decisions of my life," said Bridge. "This is a special club. From the coaching staff and the environment we work and train in to our incredible fans, being a Wanderer has made me a better player and a happier person."

Bridge scored 11 goals last season as the Wanderers won the Premiers' Plate and reached the grand final, and coach Tony Popovic said he was pleased with the 27-year-old's progress. "Mark has improved immeasurably in his first year at the club," said Popovic. "He is already showing in pre-season training his appetite to continue developing and improving as a player. He's a player we want to keep at the club for a long time."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1165999/Bridge-signs-new-Wanderers-deal

Western Sydney Wanderers striker Mark Bridge has signed a new deal which will keep him at the club until the end of the 2016-2017 A-League season. "Moving home to Western Sydney and playing for the Wanderers was one of the best decisions of my life," said Bridge. "This is a special club. From the coaching staff and the environment we work and train in to our incredible fans, being a Wanderer has made me a better player and a happier person."

Bridge scored 11 goals last season as the Wanderers won the Premiers' Plate and reached the grand final, and coach Tony Popovic said he was pleased with the 27-year-old's progress. "Mark has improved immeasurably in his first year at the club," said Popovic. "He is already showing in pre-season training his appetite to continue developing and improving as a player. He's a player we want to keep at the club for a long time."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1165999/Bridge-signs-new-Wanderers-deal

this is awesome news.

• 4 weeks later...