Brendon Santalab

mack

abbas is full of ****.

I support you santa

yeah santalab is an angel, ask most from wollongong will tell u otherwise Lolz

You come across as someone who watches and knows a fair bit about the old NSL and the NPL,

Was he punished for racially abusing a player last time he got caught doing that?

abbas is full of ****.

I support you santa

Are you farking kidding ?

Just looking at two incidents that fox highlighted, not surprised that Abbas was targeted! One was a pathetic attempt trying to punch hersi and another looking to get a player sent off. Scum bag, probably would have given him a spray myself minus the racial ****!

abbas is full of ****.

I support you santa

You come across as someone who watches and knows a fair bit about the old NSL and the NPL,

Was he punished for racially abusing a player last time he got caught doing that?

Fatshlob = sydney united/SUS lol Loves the old nsl days

Sounds like most in this thread never been picked on in their lives lol

If Abbas called santalab a white **** dog mother****er skippy prick would everyone be up in arms too?

It's kinda odd how players can go out and call people c*nts and motherf*ckers but as soon as you throw a colour or religion in front of that sh*t hits the fan

Edited by Malone
Guest Southy

Sounds like most in this thread never been picked on in their lives lol

If Abbas called santalab a white **** dog mother****er skippy prick would everyone be up in arms too?

Of course, but did abbas call him that ? NO! I wouldn't be defending Santa till more information comes known. Saying abbas deserved it because of a few incidents is stupid. 

Guest Southy

Southy at no stage did i say Abbas deserved it lol

I know you didn't I was replying to a few comments I was been lazy and not quoting everyone 

Southy at no stage did i say Abbas deserved it lol

I know you didn't I was replying to a few comments I was been lazy and not quoting everyone
So it was me, I will repeat it for you because you are having a hard time reading my post

Scum bag, probably would have given him a spray myself minus the racial ****!

Please note, I would have not racially abused him but yes, watch the match again, he knew what we was doing in two incidents I highlighted in the post match thread.

We'll probably never know if Abbas just felt abused, actually was abused, or somewhere in between. Quite frankly, I couldn't care less. This is Australia, the rules seem to be different here. When a girl calls Adam Goodes an ape she is sent to counselling. When an Eddie McGuire does the same it has no consequences. A Paul Gannon can have a fist fight on the pitch an is a hero. Michael Clarke threatening his opponent with breaking his arm does not end up in a police station, but in the hall of fame. Rapists and drug users get TV shows, convicted doping artists get to resurrect themselves as national heroes. Match fixing is of no consequence. Quite outrageous, really, but nevertheless the sad reality of sporting Australia

The sports comrade Abbas might want to reflect on where he is, what an aggressive and unfair player he is himself at times, about give and take, and how that fits in with his reglious beliefs. Good for him that he is the kind of guy who always puts up a fight. At the same time he seemingly alway walks in the grey zone between throwing his weight, foul play, or being booked. Same yesterday. I sat in the first row right next to the pitch and had a good view of how he worked Hersi and Polenz. Same applies to Jurman, by the way. I found it hillarious that it was the same player who felt he had reason to complain.

Try chess, mate. Or knitting. Or try and take the good and bad of being a professional football player in the country of your choice. Or just wait with the interview for the next day, when oxygene supply to all brain parts has been restored.

One of the greatest posts this forum has seen....

We'll probably never know if Abbas just felt abused, actually was abused, or somewhere in between. Quite frankly, I couldn't care less. This is Australia, the rules seem to be different here. When a girl calls Adam Goodes an ape she is sent to counselling. When an Eddie McGuire does the same it has no consequences. A Paul Gannon can have a fist fight on the pitch an is a hero. Michael Clarke threatening his opponent with breaking his arm does not end up in a police station, but in the hall of fame. Rapists and drug users get TV shows, convicted doping artists get to resurrect themselves as national heroes. Match fixing is of no consequence. Quite outrageous, really, but nevertheless the sad reality of sporting Australia

The sports comrade Abbas might want to reflect on where he is, what an aggressive and unfair player he is himself at times, about give and take, and how that fits in with his reglious beliefs. Good for him that he is the kind of guy who always puts up a fight. At the same time he seemingly alway walks in the grey zone between throwing his weight, foul play, or being booked. Same yesterday. I sat in the first row right next to the pitch and had a good view of how he worked Hersi and Polenz. Same applies to Jurman, by the way. I found it hillarious that it was the same player who felt he had reason to complain.

Try chess, mate. Or knitting. Or try and take the good and bad of being a professional football player in the country of your choice. Or just wait with the interview for the next day, when oxygene supply to all brain parts has been restored.

Very well said.

Now that's perspective. Good post FCB.

The lines in what society deems offensive and non offensive are baffling at times. For instance it's all well and good for the Cove to run around calling Reddys sister a whore, Frank Farina a washed up drunk gambling addict or even us a bunch of housos on centrelink but they will all jump on their high horses when there is a rumored allegation that Santalab mocked Abbas's culture.

Edited by Malone

(Avoiding the alleged incident as right now that is all it is...alleged)

I think in some respects Santa has over-delivered this season as our second striker (we all know that if fully fit Tomi would be the man up front more often than not), but Santa has issues in that I don't believe he has enough presence as part of a strong attacking third. His form and goals this season has been built upon poaching as opposed to creative and forceful strikes on goal (like say Taggart for the Jets), plus he hasn't been able to serve as well as a point/target man to play off any second man attacks as we saw last season. I'm not saying we need St Dino back, but let's be honest...part of the reason particularly Bridge and also to some extent Youssouf and others scored was they were able to play off the lumbering Croat. Santa has little of the presence or dare I say focus needed for such a role.

It was natural that Popa had to adjust our tactical structures this season however I am curious to see if Santa was the entirely appropriate answer to that difficult transformative question posed in our sophomore year.

abbas is full of ****.

I support you santa

it was local state league  players are not bothered putting in complaints, its banter to them

just like i got abused cause i am white few years ago when we versed a team with majority africans/middle easteners Lol i loved it tho funny ****

but this is top tier and same rules dont apply, ESPECIALLY when there are alot of Iraqi supporters of WSW, was talking to my mate last night after the game said he hopes it isnt true but if it is its gonna really hurt, Iraqi community loves Abbas

Guest mickisnot

abbas is full of ****.

I support you santa

^I laughed so hard reading this comment.

Yet another glorious post from FCB who always seems to sum up exactly where I stand on these complicated issues.

I read in the Sydney derby thread that Santa said something. I came here and everyone's discussing the issue. Which news source came out and stated that Santalab slurred Abbas? According to The World Game Abbas hasn't said who it was.

abbas is full of ****.

I support you santa

^I laughed so hard reading this comment.

Yet another glorious post from FCB who always seems to sum up exactly where I stand on these complicated issues.

I read in the Sydney derby thread that Santa said something. I came here and everyone's discussing the issue. Which news source came out and stated that Santalab slurred Abbas? According to The World Game Abbas hasn't said who it was.

Mick, if you look at the News Limited website they basically put it out there by juxtaposing a picture of Abbas and Santalab being separated by Gligor in the article about the alleged vilification. It's that same kind of 'guilt by association' stuff that in other circumstances would lead to civil court action...

stop crying about abbas. who gives a ****

oh yea mate who gives a ****

what if someone you looked up to and someone who represented you, racially abused someone of the same ethnicity as you, Im pretty sure you wouldn't be feeling the greatest...

think about what you say next time brother

Edited by OmarOfTheWest

Santalab has denied it so don't sweat it... unless you don't believe in someone you look up to..?

and while we're playing what if's

What if someone of the same ethnicity as you is a total toss pot and thinks they should be treated "special" and are a little precious about it, to the point they would drag the game and other players down in an attempt to grandstand based on that ethnicity. ?

There's no room for racism in any sport, or life in general... But lets be fair, there's a lot of over reaction to some of this stuff... 

I'm not passing judgement on any of this, no one should be. This is the guys reputation and possible career on the line so please let those involved sort it out before jumping to conclusions.

I know Abbas personally, I followed him whilst with Iraqi national team and Olympic team, was at Gosford in Iraq's 2-0 loss to Australia, that's the game where they went missing and pleaded for asylum in Australia, if anyone, including SFC fans think he is as much of a saint as they think he is, they are in for a shock of a lifetime.

Still, I'm going to wait for FFA panel and proof before making up my mind on this issue