Jaushua Sotirio

mack

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, teddies said:

i remember watching that gif live and instead of actually being mad, it was sort of expected and i didnt even react.

I've tried to maintain a hope/expectation that he would one day be the player that silenced his critics. When I saw that live I gave up all remaining hope.

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

According to Wikipedia He’s made 52 appearances for us now.

52!

Thats not a promising youngster number is it?

It's actually 67 in all competitions.

I believe the only players with more appearances in all competitions are Santalab, Bridge, Topor, Covic, Haliti, La Rocca, Poljak & Cole.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 5:04 PM, mack said:

He can't even dribble properly when no-one is near him. What have our training staff been doing with him for 4 years? Three touches not even at a high speed and he can't control the ball. Why is a player like that kept in the side? Gombau needs to get rid of him.

sotirio2.gif.bce52fe97d17167e33b6119c63821893.gif

Not only can he not dribble properly, but within the space 5 seconds, he had the opportunity for easy passes to two players who were both in a better position than him.

This is his major flaw. Absolutely nothing between the ears.

32 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Not only can he not dribble properly, but within the space 5 seconds, he had the opportunity for easy passes to two players who were both in a better position than him.

If it was the Victory in that position you can guarantee that ball gets hit immediately down the right flank for the fullback who himself immediately smashes it inside to the near post for the run of Santalab for a tap-in.

4 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

He can play it square to Cornthwaite who’s made a good run forward, go immediately to Hamil or run straight at the LB, draw him in and play Hamil in behind. He does none of them. No football brain and a poor touch.

But hey, he’s fast and works hard. 🙄

4 minutes ago, GD07 said:

He can play it square to Cornthwaite who’s made a good run forward, go immediately to Hamil or run straight at the LB, draw him in and play Hamil in behind. He does none of them. No football brain and a poor touch.

The amount of space that Cornthwaite creates is enormous. It's a simple pass from Sotirio to put him into a shoot farkin position. Whether Cornthwaite can shoot or not I'm not sure. But that's another matter.

Hamill also makes a great run into space. Another simple pass with just a tiny bit of vision required from Sotirio.

He plays like a racehorse with blinkers on - absolutely no peripheral vision whatsoever. Add that to his poor ball skills and I'm damned if he's even an NPL 1 level player, let alone A-League.

If he's continually making a junior national football team, it's a sad state of affairs for the future of Australian football.

3 hours ago, GD07 said:

Was Riera there not Cornthwaite, which kinda makes it even more of a dumb play.

8 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Just before he loses the ball you see him take his eye off the ball and look up, I think it was an attempted pass lol Awful whichever way you look at it.

On 22/10/2017 at 10:12 AM, FCB said:

Must be missing Popovic by now. 

nek minnit started by Gombau

Interesting that Aspro also had a shocker on his first game back after 1-2 months without game time. 

Sotirio hadn’t seen the field in a long time just like Aspro, has a few appearances off the bench (10 minutes or so) and everyone wonders why the guys lacks confidence.

Glad Gombau has come in and backed him, go & grab the opportunity son!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

There's too much attention on what sotirio is doing wrong, and it is ignored what he is doing right.

All popa asked from his players was to give their best, during training and during the game (saba, pio, are you reading this?). Babbel rates attitude higher than talent, as a talented player without the right attitude is not a team player. That's why Sotirio keeps playing. He follows instructions, but makes poor choices up front. As did castelen and jumpei, but sortitio does it for a fraction of the money.

It appears that kamau has found his inner sotirio in Wellington, and long may it last. If all sotirio will be doing is season is to push kamau and fitzgerald to be the best players they can be then having sotirio in the squad will have served it's purpose.

Edited by FCB