Australian National & Youth Teams Discussion V2

* Brosque is not an ordinary player, never has been. There's a balance, an intuition, a touch, a vision, an acceleration, and an execution which has always stood him out from the pack. The good left-footers tend to have the X-factor, and he's always had it. Just like his idols, Harry Kewell and Alvaro Recoba. They're the players you happily pay to see. The big players. Brosque suffers little in comparison.

* There's an edge to his game, a competitive streak, which we've rarely seen in the past. Three yellow cards already bare testament to that. Maybe it's the bushranger beard

* And what the Socceroos need most of all - a reliable goalscorer apart from Tim Cahill - is perhaps the biggest asset Brosque brings to the table.

Pack another cone Mike.

Pack another cone Mike.

That's disrespectful to stoners. They make much more sense than this wanker.

How delusional must you be to say a injury plagued 32 year old is the right pick for the national team? Sure, if he were anywhere near Kewell's level, but his career highlight was as a middle of the road player in the J league.

The Socceroos will face a tough test at the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup in Russia, having been drawn against World Cup winners Germany to open their campaign.

Ange Postecoglou's side landed in Group B alongside the world champions, South American champions Chile and whoever wins the 2017 African Cup of Nations, which kicks off in January

Wow. Cockerill comparing Brosque to Alvaro Recoba. A guy who in his prime was one of the most feared players in the Serie A. Oh, it must be the Uruguayan thing. Good one Mike!

They talked about it on the Fox Football podcast (Cockerill wasn't on it this week). Simon Hill said that if Ange was looking for an injury prone A-League striker in their 30's he should pick Santalab over Brosque.

• 1 month later...

Joe Marston will be rolling in his grave

Manfred,I used to work with Joe Marston when I was a young lad at a bottle shop which was owned by his son in law....What he didn't know about football wasn't worth knowing anyway.

True story...The shop had a drive thru and on a winters day it was effing freezing,so to keep warm one freezing day we made hot coffee mixed with liberal doses of of 'Old Baileys" Irish cream.

He had to call his wife at the end of the day to drive him (and myself) home as we were in no state to drive.A true gentleman and the nicest person you could ever meet.

Joe Marston will be rolling in his grave

Manfred,I used to work with Joe Marston when I was a young lad at a bottle shop which was owned by his son in law....What he didn't know about football wasn't worth knowing anyway.

True story...The shop had a drive thru and on a winters day it was effing freezing,so to keep warm one freezing day we made hot coffee mixed with liberal doses of of 'Old Baileys" Irish cream.

He had to call his wife at the end of the day to drive him (and myself) home as we were in no state to drive.A true gentleman and the nicest person you could ever meet.

This is the kind of stuff that needs constant re-telling. Forget the show pony antics of Timmy C etc. Here's an Australian SOKKAH LEGEND who deserves to be spoken of again and again, just like the eggball and cricket fanatics go on about their greats.

You could count the number of Aussie 'sokkah legends' on one hand.

Maybe with the number of fingers you have...
This is in no way meant with any offence but you do know that football did start before 2006 right? Hell there are enough "Sokkah legends" in the 2006 side to count on two hands before you even start going back through history. We have so many Sheila's, wog's & poofta's who have played for our national side over so many decades would be incredibly naive & ignorant to think that we only have 5 legends who have played for our country.
  • 3 weeks later...

Done deal

L'#Australia, il sì a #Suning e lo strano infortunio in Olanda: #Inter, ecco chi è #Sainsbury 27a1.pnghttps://goo.gl/immuxA  #calciomercatoday

Translated from Italian by BingWrong translation?

The #Australia, Yes to #Suning and the strange accident in the Netherlands: ï¸ #Inter, that's who #Sainsbury âž¡ https://goo.gl/immuxA  #calciomercatoday

C3f7KW5WcAAle-x.jpg

• 11:23 PM - 31 Jan 2017

Further confirmation

@Tsainsbury92 is heading to the Serie A with Inter Milan

• 12:03 AM - 1 Feb 2017

I fear he will get as much game time as Mat Ryan at Valencia

Yep. When an Aussie signs for a big club out of nowhere, it normally means they are the 8th choice in that position in case the team bus crashes, and they get to visit the first team training paddock twice a year.

• 2 weeks later...