David Squires Cartoons

This really is one of Squire's very best. Bosnich and Slater are well within their rights to be critical of the team and the coach. We should have qualified for the WC by now. Too many tepid performances and too much playing of the ball back when we have players (Rogic and Mooy) who can play it more directly through the middle. Gersbach was superb when Ange bothered to pick him, then dropped him for Smith who was supposedly in better shape - and we all know how that ended! Cahill saved us again, but as Bosnich correctly stated, he should have been given regular service. As for Robbie Kruse, he is a wallflower masquerading as a footballer. If he is really the best we can do, it is truely embarrassing. I am sure there are many Socceroo fans (me included, though more than twice his age) who can kick a ball harder, prove more of a physical threat to defenders and have at least as much skill.

Anyhow, let's hope they play their best games of the qualifiers in the two remaining... otherwise Squires will no doubt come out with a less amusing classic.

Edited by echidna
8 minutes ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

"Put down that stapler.....No you put it down.......**** you, you put it down..."....lol

" He's gotta go  F@rkin ! ..."   lol

Edited by sonar
54 minutes ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

I think that Nutmeg fellow would be an awesome replacement. Make it happen :crazy:

16 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

What’s with the No Calamari No Party? I get it as a play on No Pyro, but is there a second layer with the calamari reference?

Apparently when FIFA and the AFC came to Australia to try and solve the governance issue they complained about the catering.

Squires referenced it in a previous comic.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/ng-interactive/2017/aug/17/david-squires-on-the-governance-crisis-threatening-australian-football