David Squires Cartoons

Just imagine him creating a youtube web series with all these ridiculous stories. only needs to go for 1-2mins, it will be a hit with all HAL fans.

I believe it's one of the lowy brothers.

Yeah... but it's a bit obscure....I feel like there's some kind of pop culture reference with it as well. 

Just imagine him creating a youtube web series with all these ridiculous stories. only needs to go for 1-2mins, it will be a hit with all HAL fans.

Yeah... but it's a bit obscure....I feel like there's some kind of pop culture reference with it as well. 

To be honest. First glance I thought it was jimmy savile.

I did abit of a imagine search. It's David Lowy.

David is the youngest son and has a bit of a rebel image. Played guitar for the Jon Stevens band the dead daisies (not that bad actually)

David is the youngest son and has a bit of a rebel image. Played guitar for the Jon Stevens band the dead daisies (not that bad actually)

He's also a spitfire pilot :lol:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/life/weekend-australian-magazine/spitfire-spirit/story-e6frg8h6-1226750501609

He's also a spitfire pilot :lol:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/life/weekend-australian-magazine/spitfire-spirit/story-e6frg8h6-1226750501609

Ahhh, so that is you posting on the guardian website as well.

Squires has been brilliant

Poor DeBohun, he's walked away and still gets his head in Squire's cartoons.

He has checked out but still collecting the pay cheques

I wouldn't at all be surprised if AFL or cricket has been in touch with him, asking him to leave a 'legacy'

It’s the eyes in your drawings – you have a particular way of drawing eyes that seems quite haunting in a way.

It’s not a conscious thing. I use the eyes to express emotion, and often the people in the cartoons are surprised and horrified. I suppose part of the medium is that you have to accentuate all emotion, so all of those expressions are heightened. In the past I’ve made things a bit too subtle, and people haven’t quite picked up on it. If it was on television it would be awful – far too overdramatic.

It’s the eyes in your drawings – you have a particular way of drawing eyes that seems quite haunting in a way.

It’s not a conscious thing. I use the eyes to express emotion, and often the people in the cartoons are surprised and horrified. I suppose part of the medium is that you have to accentuate all emotion, so all of those expressions are heightened. In the past I’ve made things a bit too subtle, and people haven’t quite picked up on it. If it was on television it would be awful – far too overdramatic.

1033.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f