Jumpei Kusukami

mack

Here is the problem of he season. Jumpei was largely crap, basically a Japanese version of Sotirio

However he was actually are second best foreign player

That's how bad we got it wrong

This.....apart from Nico (1st half of the season) the other visa players were so bad that some of them hardly made the team including our captain.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

going by his performance last season i think he deserved to get another chance especially the way he finished last season except for his piss weak penalty that was a letdown

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, mack said:

Peak Jumpei.

jumpei.gif.a8a2889ee72e453b5b99dee72d2cf214.gif

That gif sums him up doesn’t it. Good turn gets round his man then gives the ball away

What gets me is commentators like Harper saying he just needs to add final product. If he hasn’t by now he isn’t going to.

I’d love to be wrong and for him to turn into a decent player but he’s had years in Japan if he hasn’t learned there he isn’t going to 

I don’t know if I have lost all perspective with though, apparently he was man of the match against jets when all I could see was the same fancy turns but no end product. Even the goal Bridge scored against the Jets people praised Jumpei for setting it up. He didn’t he beat his man then blasted a shot Into the back of a defender it could have gone anywhere, it fell to Bridge who smashes it into the goal.

Bridge may lack the pace and tricks but at least he knows when and how to shoot and cross.

4 hours ago, mack said:

Peak Jumpei.

jumpei.gif.a8a2889ee72e453b5b99dee72d2cf214.gif

Who's the player that makes the run towards the near post? My eyesight isn't that good anymore. Is it Bridge?

Whoever it was, they must have been thinking "what the **** were you thinking passing it there you dip ****. I was here for the tap in."

It is this sort of shite that is costing us games.

Edited by Wanderboy
3 hours ago, sonar said:

If only he was 

Castelan was ace for us think of the time he took Victory apart and the mauling he gave georgevski or the free kick v Brisbane or being basically the only player worth watching for chunks of season 3

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gonna defend him here. Yeah he's got minimal end product, and yeah Bridge is smarter. But if Jumpei were smarter or more composed, or Bridge were quicker, they'd be playing in another league.

It's a crap pass, but the real problem here is the dude who didn't make a run into the box where the ball goes (can't be bothered trying to work out who it is). If Jumpei goes near post the CB cuts it out - he only moved out once the pass was going that way so it gives the illusion that the near post pass would have worked. There's 6 defenders in the box and Jumpei made space for us. As soon as Jumpei beat his man and the Jets defender dropped low, our bloke near the ref should have made two quick steps and be screaming for it. But he just jogs along.

Yeah Jumpei should have looked before he passed, but he's not the only one at fault here. He created the space, no-one moved into it, and then he hit a pass into the space where no-one was.

1 hour ago, btron3000 said:

I'm gonna defend him here. Yeah he's got minimal end product, and yeah Bridge is smarter. But if Jumpei were smarter or more composed, or Bridge were quicker, they'd be playing in another league.

It's a crap pass, but the real problem here is the dude who didn't make a run into the box where the ball goes (can't be bothered trying to work out who it is). If Jumpei goes near post the CB cuts it out - he only moved out once the pass was going that way so it gives the illusion that the near post pass would have worked. There's 6 defenders in the box and Jumpei made space for us. As soon as Jumpei beat his man and the Jets defender dropped low, our bloke near the ref should have made two quick steps and be screaming for it. But he just jogs along.

Yeah Jumpei should have looked before he passed, but he's not the only one at fault here. He created the space, no-one moved into it, and then he hit a pass into the space where no-one was.

I take your point and I think the jogger is Roly.