Jumpei Kusukami

mack

8 hours ago, btron3000 said:

It's a crap pass, but the real problem here is the dude who didn't make a run into the box where the ball goes

Harsh call, he played the ball to the exact place to the spot before Bridge made his run to the near post. Surely, hopefully he has looked up before playing that pass? There were another two players in the box he could have been aiming towards but you can't be sure what he was trying to achieve. Maybe a miss pass?

If he wanted to play that to Roly, you've got to make that pass either to his feet or one that he could run on to so he could attack the ball. To say he should have been there? Needed to be on 2x speed to get in to the position Jumpei played that ball.

1. The pass would have been behind Bridge anyway even if he hadn't moved.
  2. Players usually assume anyone who makes it in behind the defence on the line is going to move on the line to get closer to goal, attract defenders or even the chance to shoot. They don't usually pass with no-one in front of them.
  3. You can't assume a player will or won't make a run. That's why you look up before passing.
  4. Most forwards in that situation will make a run to the near post. That's why you look up before passing.

Agree he should have looked up, not a good pass. But if we’re playing tiki-taka then there’s gonna be a zillion defenders in the box. He made space in there, Roly’s gotta fill that space.

The pass would have needed to go further back to get to Roly, that is true, but it would have been the best chance for a shot.

If Jumpei looked up and saw no-one there then he should have smashed it across the face. But hesitation is his worst attribute. 

tldr: Jumpei did ok, composure let him down. Roly is a lazy ****.

• 1 month later...

Club release has him scoring 1 goal in 51 appearances, I’m sure he scored at least 2 in the a League 

I can remember Perth this year and central coast away last year, he got one in acl too didn’t he 

Amusing the Facebook comments of he didn’t get enough time? 51 games in 1 and half season how much time does he need. 

He hardly set the J League alight either 

1 minute ago, mack said:

My stats have 4 A-League & 2 ACL goals.

Poor sod they sub him as a sub in his last game, then rip him off 5 goals in the goodbye statement 

The NRMA Insurance Western Sydney Wanderers today agreed to mutually terminate the contract of players Jumpei Kusukami and Jacob Melling.

Kusukami joined the club prior to the Hyundai A-League 2016/17 season and appeared in 51 games, scoring one goal for the Red & Black.

7 minutes ago, tardotz said:

Definitely not one of the best players but surely not the worst that we had or still have.

Tried hard with no results but one of the few players that tried some penetrating runs.

At the end of the day, if we want to consistently be in the top 3, Jumpie just wasn't good enough. I'm sure that there are many of us who hoped that he would eventually step up a gear but it never eventuated.

If he was a young local player he'd have been exciting and we'd all be talking about how good he'll be when he gets some end product and learns good decision making.

However he's not a young local, he's a 30 year old visa player. He tried but he wasn't good enough to take one of those spots.

Waste of an import spot for 18 months, a mill stone around our neck, and a financial burden. Had one good season in all of his professional career.

Maybe he would have been good enough for the HAL Ono is familiar with, five years back, but time has moved on. 

2 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Feel for the guy

He was so promising last season when he started and he was doing all those mazy, dribbling runs at the defence

And then they worked him out

Toothless ever since

As you now know, nice build up play and couple of tricks are all fine but being clinical in front of goal is what counts 

Edited by StringerBellend
11 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

As you now know, nice build up play and couple of tricks are all fine but being clinical in front of goal is what counts 

With those skills and tricks IF he was clinical in front of goal as well he wouldn't of been wasting his time in the A League to be fair.  Happy to see him go VISA spot and all.

2 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

When I found that Jumps had been released the sub perfect sense, what better way to force someone out of the club than humiliating them? Cruel by Gombau, but from my perspective a cold & calculated that could have easily backfired:

- Humiliating sub: There is no worse indictment on a player, that not only weren't you not good enough for the starting XI but when you finally did come on that you get subbed off which reflects what the manager thought of his performance
- Honour: In the Japanese culture, respect and honour are pivotal. That would have been the worst possible moment for him at our club & if he wasn't already at rock bottom confidence wise, then that surely would have got him to that point. If he were an Australian player, I doubt he would have taken it as hard, on his confidence yes but more so Jumpei because of his heritage
- Mutual Termination: Gombau made it clear that certain players weren't part of his plan. He doesn't have the big engine to play the high intensity game in Australia let alone Gomabu's one, confidence wise rock bottom, salary cap wise 350k+, home sickness playing a part?, taking up a foreign spot, contribution on field was acceptable but never really reached the heights that a foreigner or someone on his salary demands. Throw in the fact that the Japanese season starts in a month or so, most likely he will get picked up another lower J1 club who are looking for a squaddie which is where he was when we signed him.

It would have been the final straw & something that he has been thinking about for sometime, just expedited the process.

I made this comment in the post match thread, thought it was relevant for this thread too.

On 07/11/2017 at 5:17 PM, StringerBellend said:

That gif sums him up doesn’t it.

On 07/11/2017 at 5:04 PM, mack said:

jumpei.gif.a8a2889ee72e453b5b99dee72d2cf214.gif

Yes, this sort of sums up both Casta and Jumps doesn't? Great promise but that final product was missing.

I love the Japanese mentality, culture & flair he brings on to the field, yes it wasn't backed up by the final product but would have loved to see him deliver more. I don't think we will probably see another Japanese player come to our club, Popa with his connection to Japan and the former players recommending to come to WSW to play under him, it will be the last for the foreseeable future.

He will be the first of many to depart of the season 5 and 6 squad that popa assembled & allow the transition to the Gombau team. Farewell, Jumpei. Yet another player that, despite what happened, deserved a better send off than he did.