Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

On 12/2/2017 at 11:42 AM, JackDoff said:

Since we're talking of corporate boxes, how much are they?  I assume they include food n drink , plus, how many people are in one? CBF'ed researching I've had too many beers!   :P 

Outdoor box at the derby is $1840 for an 8 seater, so $230 per person. That's quite a bit cheaper than other events; a 12 seater box at the origin cost $16,000, so ~$1300 per ticket (iirc). I think other events like the bledisloe cup are between the two. 

In summary:

27,000 people spending $30 per ticket plus average $30 on meals & drinks = $1.62m

3,000 people spending $230 per ticket   = $690k (plus whatever gets put on spirits)

So 10% of the people generate 30% of the revenue. In terms of stadium allocation this wouldn't be too far off a stand's worth. 

Not that I agree with killing the atmosphere in that section of the stadium, but I can understand where they are coming from. If they end up getting a high demand they can jack the corporate prices up fairly easily without ending up on Today Tonight for ripping off punters.

7 minutes ago, Victory said:

Is there any chance this will be ready by early 2019 aka not all games have to be played at the SOP death trap next season?

Unfortunately not. Planned to open for the 2019 NRL season (March), but is 3-6 months behind schedule. Should open for the 2019-2020 HAL season

I think people are kidding themselves is wsw is going to look at 15,000 membership numbers and base your new parra seat accordingly 

best you can hope for is they use some sort of algorithm and split it up to the die heads, good fans, average fans and derby goers 

Could be wrong but yeah don’t think club is going to reward the extra loyal with first dibs

i would imagine foundation members should be looked after should get a week window to pick their seat 

6 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Unfortunately not. Planned to open for the 2019 NRL season (March), but is 3-6 months behind schedule. Should open for the 2019-2020 HAL season

I doubt that, the news article suggesting that it was behind schedule was never actually confirmed. In the latest update, all appears on track according to Infrastructure NSW

On 28/08/2017 at 10:39 PM, hughsey said:

I'm pretty sure from memory, it was made clear the start of construction was to be pushed back, this time last year. I read that line as the delay has already happened rather than currently or about to happen. Either way, you'd have to be naive to think it'll go perfectly to plan. It's a government project...

Behind schedule before the demolition even started🤔

16 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Behind schedule before the demolition even started🤔

Let’s just remember that the Lib government will want the stadium to be finished by the next election. As far I’m aware, it’s still on track and I’m sure the contract with LendLease will be incentivized with that in mind.

31 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Let’s just remember that the Lib government will want the stadium to be finished by the next election. As far I’m aware, it’s still on track and I’m sure the contract with LendLease will be incentivized with that in mind.

For sure that will happen but the rest of their Sydney stadium policies are ....

44 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

For sure that will happen but the rest of their Sydney stadium policies are ....

The rest of the Sydney Stadium policy depends on the finish of Parramatta stadium? When will it start? Also depends on whether the weight of public opinion will sway any decision.

Will be interesting to see, ideally they’ll push through before the election (knock down Allianz or sign a contract) because the stance of the opposition. Signing contracts hasn’t stopped incoming governments paying out millions in compensation for cancelling projects in the past.

Best they knock it down if they want it to happen :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

The rest of the Sydney Stadium policy depends on the finish of Parramatta stadium? When will it start? Also depends on whether the weight of public opinion will sway any decision.

Will be interesting to see, ideally they’ll push through before the election (knock down Allianz or sign a contract) because the stance of the opposition. Signing contracts hasn’t stopped incoming governments paying out millions in compensation for cancelling projects in the past.

Best they knock it down if they want it to happen :lol: 

I think the Sydney Stadium policy depends on the power base of Stuart Ayres in the NSW Liberal Party. Currently he is on the ascendancy since Baird resigned as Premier.  I didn’t know that his partner is a Federal Government Minister until recently.

On 05/12/2017 at 6:03 PM, GunnerWanderer said:

I think people are kidding themselves is wsw is going to look at 15,000 membership numbers and base your new parra seat accordingly 

best you can hope for is they use some sort of algorithm and split it up to the die heads, good fans, average fans and derby goers 

Could be wrong but yeah don’t think club is going to reward the extra loyal with first dibs

i would imagine foundation members should be looked after should get a week window to pick their seat 

Yeah the clubs trying to figure it out, attendances weren’t mentioned at our meeting and the point was made that it should be told to supporters (whether they do or not is up to them) because we all have the impression that it will. Was it in an email at some point?

It’s more based off your start date (and and your groups joining dates) and section. The issue is that whole western stand having to be moved... haven’t heard how they’ll do that. Good luck haha, I’m not envious

• mack locked this topic