Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

3 minutes ago, hughsey said:

Yeah look I couldn’t care less who plays there first

As long as by then we're settled as a team and putting some spirit on the field, and as long as the RBB and WST guys stay on song, our first match there will shake the place regardless of whether or not anyone else has played there first.

3 hours ago, WSWJACK said:

would there be room for TIFO or roll down and up option from roof of stand like a venetian blind, just a thought, and while I'm at it flares on the roof!

The roof line is pretty close to the front fence (of the lower tier, near the pitch), so you could easily have it lowered from the roof and nestled nicely near the adboards, out of the way.

Have we confirmed the seat colours yet? I'm guessing grey, but won't believe it until I see some being installed. Went past on Wednesday for the first time in a while (now work from home, not in Parramatta) and it's really coming along quickly and nicely. Might head down by the river with the little one on Chritmas Eve for a picnic.

On 13/12/2017 at 5:47 PM, Paul01 said:

There are reports the FFA want the first game of football at the new stadium to be a Matildas game. 

The FFA can f... o..

I have to disagree with this line of thinking, as if we don’t want the Matilda’s playing in our backyard more often?

2 hours ago, Unlimited said:

it is partially symbolic to see who has the first match

As long as it is a football match, not a rugby match - I'll be happy

Seriously, who gives a ****?

We know we are going to own the stadium over any other tenant.

If the planned timing is correct, it will be the Eels who christen the stadium. Who cares?

19 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Me

Ed, our club will never actually own our own stadium. sad and unfortunate but the reality. We don't even have a social club for fans and supporters to go to. The Leagues Clubs is Parramatta's and I can't see them wanting to partnership with the enemy ( football).

9 minutes ago, sonar said:

Ed, our club will never actually own our own stadium. sad and unfortunate but the reality. We don't even have a social club for fans and supporters to go to. The Leagues Clubs is Parramatta's and I can't see them wanting to partnership with the enemy ( football).

I know all that but I still want the stadium to be baptised with a Wanderers match. I'm obviously biased but in my view the birth and success of the Wanderers was the largest factor triggering the decision to build a new stadium. That should be recognised by awarding us the first match at the stadium.

2 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

I know all that but I still want the stadium to be baptised with a Wanderers match. I'm obviously biased but in my view the birth and success of the Wanderers was the largest factor triggering the decision to build a new stadium. That should be recognised by awarding us the first match at the stadium.

I would like that as well. Will the media, especially Murdoch,Jones/Hadley etc stand for it. ? No effing way. It is going to depend on the official completion date. Anyone want to bet that it will coincide with an NRL game....?

23 minutes ago, sonar said:

I would like that as well. Will the media, especially Murdoch,Jones/Hadley etc stand for it. ? No effing way. It is going to depend on the official completion date. Anyone want to bet that it will coincide with an NRL game....?

Unfortunately that's my expectation too.

Almost cried today went past our stadium and seen the steep terrace emerging it was amazing truely amazing io boys **** the eels we should christen that stadium we should be sending emails to the Lord Mayor of parramatta saying in the spirit of multi culturalism let us play 1st then we get all the liberal nut bags on side that want to ban smoking yada for sure we’ll win but who cares who plays there 1st it should be wsw vs Manchester United 😀 or Barcelona 

Edited by JayZko
1 hour ago, Edinburgh said:

I can see where you're coming from but I'm being a realist.

This patch of turf belonged to the Eels for a **** load of time before the Wanderers came along. Yes, we both probably wouldn't be getting a new stadium if it wasn't for us ensuring that there is 12 months of the year that the stadium is getting used. The Eels though, have been on this patch of grass since 1947. We have been there for 5 seasons.

Pull your head in mate.

As much as I would like what you want, we have to somewhat respect the history of the place. 

If we don't play the first game there, I couldn't give a ****. What I do know though, is that the WSW's first game will **** all over the Eels first home game for atmosphere. That is without question.

Let's just let things work as they will work and not get so caught up with shitty, petty semantics.

11 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

This patch of turf belonged to the Eels for a **** load of time before the Wanderers came along. Yes, we both probably wouldn't be getting a new stadium if it wasn't for us ensuring that there is 12 months of the year that the stadium is getting used. The Eels though, have been on this patch of grass since 1947. We have been there for 5 seasons.

Pull your head in mate.

As much as I would like what you want, we have to somewhat respect the history of the place. 

If we don't play the first game there, I couldn't give a ****. What I do know though, is that the WSW's first game will **** all over the Eels first home game for atmosphere. That is without question.

Let's just let things work as they will work and not get so caught up with shitty, petty semantics.

Your point about history is a good one - and completely fair

140 years ago they were playing Rugby Union on Cumberland Oval 30 years before Rugby League.

200 years ago it was used for horse racing & cricket. Should have a horse race there first to open it.

In terms of first game, it will come down to when it actually is ready in 2019:

• January - A-League in season.
  • February - NRL Pre-Season. A-League in season.
  • March - Both NRL & A-League in season. (ACL Starts)
  • April - Both NRL & A-League in season.
  • May - NRL in-season.. A-League off-season.
  • June - NRL in-season. A-League off-season. (ACL Rd16 KO)
  • July - NRL in-season. A-League off-season.
  • August -- NRL in-Season. A-League pre-season.
  • September - NRL in-Season. A-League pre-season.
  • October - A-League in season.
  • November - A-League in season.
  • December - A-League in season.

If it's gonna open around February they NRL will probably try for their All-Stars match to open it. If it's middle of the year, the Eels might have a clause in their contract with ANZ that a few of their matches are only pencilled in at ANZ not confirmed, to open it.

The Women's national team usually seem to play friendlies between June to November, so the FFA might pop in and take the opening game.

In 2019 there are FIFA matchdays in late Match, late April and early June. I think World Cup Qualifers start in June's FIFA window in 2019.

I believe it's going to open sometime in the middle of the year which will mean WSW won't likely opening the stadium, but does put it in the FIFA Window, and means it should be up and going for our 2019/20 A-League season. I think that's more important considering how awful the 2017/18 & 2018/19 A-League seasons have & will be at ANZ & Spotless.

It may be the case that it will open during the ACL window, and we qualify for it in the next A-League season. It would mean we might be able to apply to the AFC to have two sets of stadiums, or to move a match there.

9 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Pull your head in mate.

What I want and what I expect are very different. My head doesn't need pulling in.

8 hours ago, mack said:

140 years ago they were playing Rugby Union on Cumberland Oval 30 years before Rugby League.

200 years ago it was used for horse racing & cricket. Should have a horse race there first to open it.

In terms of first game, it will come down to when it actually is ready in 2019:

• January - A-League in season.
  • February - NRL Pre-Season. A-League in season.
  • March - Both NRL & A-League in season. (ACL Starts)
  • April - Both NRL & A-League in season.
  • May - NRL in-season.. A-League off-season.
  • June - NRL in-season. A-League off-season. (ACL Rd16 KO)
  • July - NRL in-season. A-League off-season.
  • August -- NRL in-Season. A-League pre-season.
  • September - NRL in-Season. A-League pre-season.
  • October - A-League in season.
  • November - A-League in season.
  • December - A-League in season.

If it's gonna open around February they NRL will probably try for their All-Stars match to open it. If it's middle of the year, the Eels might have a clause in their contract with ANZ that a few of their matches are only pencilled in at ANZ not confirmed, to open it.

The Women's national team usually seem to play friendlies between June to November, so the FFA might pop in and take the opening game.

In 2019 there are FIFA matchdays in late Match, late April and early June. I think World Cup Qualifers start in June's FIFA window in 2019.

I believe it's going to open sometime in the middle of the year which will mean WSW won't likely opening the stadium, but does put it in the FIFA Window, and means it should be up and going for our 2019/20 A-League season. I think that's more important considering how awful the 2017/18 & 2018/19 A-League seasons have & will be at ANZ & Spotless.

It may be the case that it will open during the ACL window, and we qualify for it in the next A-League season. It would mean we might be able to apply to the AFC to have two sets of stadiums, or to move a match there.

You forgot the AFLWXYZ 6 a side - no doubt they'll get the opening match in recognition of their long history in international sport and contribution to cultural diversity.

2 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

And they’ll get it two days before a Wanderers or Matilda’s game, in which time they’ll rip the field up to shreds

The way our teams are playing right now, it would probably help us if the field was ripped up to shreds. It might affect the passing game of the opposition.

Thugby league shits me I wish somebody pulled there penis out of there arse and seen the potential of football in Australia and invest some serious money into the league there’s no reason why we can’t have 30k plus crowds as the standard for starters we need higher caliber foreigners more derby’s more passion in the game gallop and lowy jr are so conservative  and conservative doesn’t work in football  football is like cooking if you do it right people will come from miles to sample your food I just can’t wait for parra 2,0 so we can show the a league a real team

Edited by JayZko
  • mack locked this topic