Australian Stadiums Discussion (Excluding Parramatta)

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/the-fate-of-allianz-and-anz-stadiums-expected-to-be-announced-on-thursday-20171016-gz1wau.html

Finally there is this article which states that Stuart Ayres will ask at State Cabinet meeting on Thursday for 2 billion to reconstruct both Allianz and ANZ stadium. He is determined to push for the reconstruction of Allianz stadium into a 45000 to 47000 seat stadium at a cost of at least 700 million to be given priority ahead of ANZ stadium. This is the option that he has been advocating for, from the beginning. What the Premier and State Cabinet finally decides to do is  anyone's guess.

3 hours ago, FCWanderers said:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/the-fate-of-allianz-and-anz-stadiums-expected-to-be-announced-on-thursday-20171016-gz1wau.html

Finally there is this article which states that Stuart Ayres will ask at State Cabinet meeting on Thursday for 2 billion to reconstruct both Allianz and ANZ stadium. He is determined to push for the reconstruction of Allianz stadium into a 45000 to 47000 seat stadium at a cost of at least 700 million to be given priority ahead of ANZ stadium. This is the option that he has been advocating for, from the beginning. What the Premier and State Cabinet finally decides to do is  anyone's guess.

Giving in to the SCG Trust board is his ticket to the premiers office, he'll do anything to get that, including shitting on his own constituents to poor money into something they'll never use in the east

On 07/02/2017 at 7:22 AM, FCWanderers said:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/scg-trust-begin-push-for-new-40000seat-stadium-at-moore-park-20170206-gu6gqy.html

This article which outlines the latest plan being pushed by the SCG trust has some interesting new information.

Premier Gladys Berejiklian, who was spotted in the SCG Trust suite during the Sydney Test match last month prior to her promotion, has made it clear the funding priority would remain with Parramatta and ANZ Stadium.

and this

The Waratahs are believed to be exploring the possibility of venturing out west, likely to play some of its matches out of the new 30,000-seat Parramatta stadium due to open in 2019.

Can Waratahs fans locate parramatta. I thought their Lexus GPS stopped at Annandale 

On 17/10/2017 at 7:27 AM, FCWanderers said:

Their hope is that Allianz Stadium will also be given a significant overhaul, making it a more palatable venue for clubs and spectators. The ground is in dire need of work given a recent building assessment claimed the venue was a potential deathtrap.

How’s the drama!!! Hilarious hahaha 

46 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Finally someone comes out and says it. Pity he's jsut spoiling for political points himself, but whatever. Anything to stop the horrible SCG trust and AFL getting their way.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/political-football-continues-as-allianz-stadium-safety-claims-ridiculed-20171018-gz3hqm.html

The Premier has said numerous times that she is not wedded to $1.6 billion," Ayres said. "We want to get this right. We need to make sure that this once-in-a-lifetime investment delivers for NSW for the next 30 or 40 years. I am not going to be rushed into doing that unnecessarily. We are pretty close.

Once in a political lifetime maybe.

Minister for Western Sydney my arse

The occupancy certificate is that we have until 2019 to correct a number of the occupancy safety and security issues in the stadium," Ayres said. "That will require investment one way or the other. If we can't meet those …requirements it is highly unlikely a certifier will give us an occupancy certificate."

So I wonder when the occupancy certificate was last issued, and how come we weren't told that there were safety and security concerns but all of a sudden its an issue. Politicians eh - no wonder every one hates them.

17 hours ago, luisenrique said:

I forgot to mark myself safe on facebook, my family probably thinks I'm dead.

Not being on facebook, my family assume I'm dead until I ring them to say otherwise. "The zombie apocalypse is here!" they scream and run away. They've even starting building zombie traps at their houses to slow me down. Should make halloween for the trick-or-treaters at their place loads of fun :D

So I see the SCG and Cricket NSW/Australia are now trying to get in on the NSW stadium cash grab to "stop the SCG being the second-worst ground in the country to host test cricket (apparently only Bellerive in Hobart is "worse"). They want $400m.

Stuff the SCG trust and the cricket authorities -if they want it, they can fund it - there's no shortage of cash in those wallets. Fed up with the amount of power those on the SCG trust wield.....

AFL well realise that in the SCG they have the biggest AFL ground they will ever need in Sydney. The Swans were looking at ANZ but due to member feedback they have rejected it. I can’t see the Giants needing 80k this millennium so why are the AFL bothered? 

Probably for the simple reason that they want to skewer the other football codes. This is bullying nothing less.

It’s  bit like the richest club buying every player possible and leaving them on the bench just to stop other teams having them.

10 hours ago, SBW said:

There's an article about afl are telling NSW government to not invest in anz stadium and leave it as an oval configuration because they like to still use it 

What a joke. So they will put off three other major sports codes to get what they want. Swans don't want to use it at all anymore and GWS will never need to use it. Cricket doesn't want to use it.

It is more that the AFL fears making it rectangular will mean their dream of being the biggest game in town will be gone. They also don't want to give the other sports a leg up.

35 minutes ago, WestSyd said:

What a joke. So they will put off three other major sports codes to get what they want. Swans don't want to use it at all anymore and GWS will never need to use it. Cricket doesn't want to use it.

It is more that the AFL fears making it rectangular will mean their dream of being the biggest game in town will be gone. They also don't want to give the other sports a leg up.

Not that just that, the AFL are asking for $400m from the state government for the following:

- Give the Churchill stand a facelift at the SCG
- Increase the capacity of Spotless stadium to cater for 35k
- Help build academies at both Moore Park and Sydney Olympic
- Build training facilities at Homebush Bay to cater for the GWS Giant Women's team.

Someone posted this article on Facebook
22713258_10155564026376068_8061924165529

1 hour ago, SBW said:

Not that just that, the AFL are asking for $400m from the state government for the following:

- Give the Churchill stand a facelift at the SCG
- Increase the capacity of Spotless stadium to cater for 35k
- Help build academies at both Moore Park and Sydney Olympic
- Build training facilities at Homebush Bay to cater for the GWS Giant Women's team.

Someone posted this article on Facebook
22713258_10155564026376068_8061924165529

If the NRL and FFA had any balls they will eventually refuse to play any games out of the stadium while it is not rectangular. The NSW government will quickly find out who their most important tenants are.

Play the long game if you have to. Eventually a politician who has some steel will do the right thing.

4 minutes ago, WestSyd said:

If the NRL and FFA had any balls they will eventually refuse to play any games out of the stadium while it is not rectangular. The NSW government will quickly find out who their most important tenants are.

Play the long game if you have to. Eventually a politician who has some steel will do the right thing.

That's not Stuart Ayres

9 hours ago, WestSyd said:

The fact that there isn't a large alternative rectangular stadium other than Allianz or Suncorp is going to be risky in terms of lost ticket revenue 

23 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

The fact that there isn't a large alternative rectangular stadium other than Allianz or Suncorp is going to be risky in terms of lost ticket revenue 

No it’s not. None of the local competitions can fill ANZ. They can play games at our new ground, Allianz and other suburban grounds.

Internationals can be played at Allianz, Suncorp or Melbourne.

Freeze em out. Football and NRL have the power in this state, it’s about time they remembered it. AFL have been playing the “attack is the best form of defence” for ages, probably wary that if FFA and NRL got their act together, NSW and QLD were lost.

The fact that this made it to the papers shows you someone is looking out for the rectangular codes. If they weren’t, this would have slipped quietly through.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic
  • mack unpinned this topic