Australian Stadiums Discussion (Excluding Parramatta)

1 hour ago, ColdRock said:

Not going to get many out to see Homebush v Subiaco in a foreign sport. Allowing ANZ to be squared off without a token fight would have been a clear signal that the AFL sees no potential in the Giants

Also, It would take 2-3 years to make Spotless bigger. So they want the status quo so they can move their so called Derby to ANZ. POQ AFL

We don't have a World Stadiums thread, so I thought I'd chuck this in here. Atlanta United are smashing records in the MLS for attendance (can't wait to visit my sister and watch them at the new stadium--they also wear red and black too).

70,000+ for their first game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

091617%20ATLUTDvOrlando_AJR033.JPG?fBb_8OFPVMKibAOntFPOwF5WjzSjgwbX&itok=N-l5bwcA

20170916_atlutd_orlandocity_kh-175.jpg?DlCjywNaX0sgjOaQjDJZBtW1fbp8hQDv&itok=oVfOKXKk

ATLUTDvsOC_First_KD_091617_0095.JPG?6yrYsgleDRObAm0YLsg_jdMPEaseXz10&itok=W2pVhzud

20170916_atlutd_orlandocity_kh-1611.jpg?SdXOPsNNl1qq3P0g2Teq.cvhtCLy2F_3&itok=RAJNESao

1 hour ago, Jukes75 said:

That's pretty awesome @Gazmon.

The US look to be doing something right with their football development. It may not be to everyone's liking because they are running into the same issues we are with regards to promotion/relegation and the disenfranchising of the lower leagues but hey, something's working at least.

The one advantage they (US) do have is a fully national leagues below the MLS. They could switch the pro/rel light on tomorrow without any major issues (except for greedy MLS owners). Here, we have to build up that 2nd tier first and then worry about the pro/rel.

The pro rel argument is the same here and there. Clubs below want to get in without having to pay what the new entrants do, while existent clubs don't want to risk their investment by getting relegated. Anyone with $10 million and a guarantee to pay $1-4m a year in ongoing losses can have an aleague team.

TheMLS is probably going the way of the NFL/mlb etc with 30 to 40 teams being a likely end point, split into two conferences that will join during the finals series.

9 hours ago, Jukes75 said:

It's great to see the SCG trust didn't see it as a waste of money to spend on upgrading security systems to a dilapidated stadium

And which is in such a dilapidated state that the whole stadium is a safety risk every time it is used and requires massive govt funds for an immediate upgrade.

**** off SCG Trust.

16 hours ago, Burgerman said:

That Atlanta stadium is a beauty, it was built for the Atlanta Falcons NFL team but looks as though soccer has taken over.

It should be because it is the most expensive stadium that is currently open and operating. It cost 1.6 BILLION US dollars. There are two other US stadiums that will cost even more once they are completed.

1 hour ago, mack said:

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/sydneys-future-concrete-asphalt-and-steel-as-greed-overwhelms-public-benefit-20170920-gylnr0.html

A mainstream media article that finally makes the connections between Tony Shepard, Ayres, the SCG Trust and the desire to pump money into a stadium that no-one wants.

She should have started with the connections of the politicians and corporate, then complained about the removal of trees, and finished with the fluffy beauty stuff. Most people won't get past the first half of this story. 

On 9/19/2017 at 6:42 PM, hughsey said:

The Giants had the lowest finals crowd in the AFL since WW1 on Saturday.

Do they still desperately need ANZ? 

AFL will what it can to keep ANZ an oval. shaped stadium They are buying out sports grounds from local councils to convert them into Circular-oval shaped fields to cater for their'growing participations' and keeping football out.

22 hours ago, mack said:

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/sydneys-future-concrete-asphalt-and-steel-as-greed-overwhelms-public-benefit-20170920-gylnr0.html

A mainstream media article that finally makes the connections between Tony Shepard, Ayres, the SCG Trust and the desire to pump money into a stadium that no-one wants.

Fer farks' sake anyone who has lived in Sydney for at least ten years should be totally aware of the grubby links between developers, pollies and the SCG trust (who are often all one and the same). The trust has been a go to for place for retired party hacks and grubby money men for decades, no matter whether Lib, Labor or just a prick. When membership of the trust is down to who you went to school with and where, your ability to grease palms in the halls of power or suck on the teat of the likes of Rodney Cavalier or Stuart 'Arseclown' Ayres, is it no wonder the Moore Park and wider stadium redevelopment policies are all a fücked up mess?

On 9/22/2017 at 7:25 PM, Burgerman said:

That Atlanta stadium is a beauty, it was built for the Atlanta Falcons NFL team but looks as though soccer has taken over.

Primarily yes. The owner of the Falcons owns United too (Arthur Blank, Home Depot owner). The new stadium deal got over the line with a summer tenant (United). Then add in basketball (Final 4), college football and concerts and it's going to be a very busy venue.

Should.

Too bad private organizations like hatamoto run the security with no accountability. 

Too bad there are quotas to meet and justifications to be made for the presence of law enforcement. 

Too bad those with the power to use the information received from surveillance are unelected and can justify what they do with it with no regard to privacy or actual issues. 

After failing to submit for the season launch on-line, i called the club and they said just bring your membership card.

I also asked about pass-outs for the ANZ double-headers between the W-league & A-league games. They are now investigating and will put out the answer on social media (they might call me too😁)

39 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

After failing to submit for the season launch on-line, i called the club and they said just bring your membership card.

I also asked about pass-outs for the ANZ double-headers between the W-league & A-league games. They are now investigating and will put out the answer on social media (they might call me too😁)

Please post the response to the passouts here if you don't mind. Would save me having to venture into the world of social media

19 minutes ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

Please post the response to the passouts here if you don't mind. Would save me having to venture into the world of social media

No problem. I don't expect an answer this week. Plus with the recent update to twitter, i can't see club twitter on my mobile. 

However, i couldn't see the A-league twitter but now i can. The HAL season launch has a picture of Santa and the team as the season launch picture.

Edited by Paul01
Added info

Playing games in stadiums far bigger than needed due to an obsessive fear that someone might miss out appears under threat, finally. Thank Christ..

It's as if they've just discovered the concept of supply vs demand for the first time...

Most fans have been saying this stuff for years now and if they had of listened it would've saved a lot of time and probably money too. Makes the whole situation a joke

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic
  • mack unpinned this topic