FFA Cup 2017

22 minutes ago, Portillo said:

Ball ball tried to be a smartass. This is a professional environment. I understand he's just a kid, but your job is to give the ball back not play games.

Yeah its not cool to get physical with the ball kids, but honestly from my pov he was going for the ball and the kid was hanging on to it and fell over...its not hard, I'm more inclined to say that if that kid didn't want to **** around - nothing would have happened

24 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

the A Leagues angriest man 

Clips of Simon manhandling the Adelaide bench are out. 

Time for the match review committee to do its work. Simon should get a retrospective red for violent conduct and i think it is a four week suspension.

Possible that this game could cost the smurfs Wiltshire, Zullo, Ninkovic, the pole and, and hopefully Simon for a few weeks. They would be very thin with Ryall and Retre as the fullbacks. Carney to continue starting with Kalik and not much on the bench except Calver and youth team players.

According to Fox Zullo gave his medal to the ballboy "because he put his body on the line"

Based on that comment, the kid should never get another go at being a ballboy.

Edited by Paul01

The ball boy's job was to give the ball back asap - he did not, and appeared to try to hang on to it. He should not have been rewarded with Zullo's medal. Just another example of how stupid our society is getting when improper and reckless acts are lauded and the wrong person is blamed.

Marrone should have been a bit more careful, but being Sydney in this modern age, a law firm will be quick on the phone to urge the ball boy's father to sue for assault. No wonder the kid was smiling afterwards.

Well said echidna 

Marrone did the wrong thing but the ball boy was a smug eastern Sydney prick who should never be allowed to perform the duty again 

interesting this was the 4th final in arnies esfc history that he failed to win in 90 mins 

hes record 2 draws and 2 losses 

surely we don't want that type of record for a NT coach inability to win the big games 

Seriously the bloody carry on regarding this is so typical. ESFC need to come forward and de escalate the nonsense.

I like the following

9xJ3MFZq_normal.jpg Brenton Speed

@BrentonSpeed

Ballboy wearing FFA tracksuit; Marrone assumed he was neutral; got wound up by delaying tactic; tried bearhug retrieval; stumble. #red?

9xJ3MFZq_normal.jpg Brenton Speed

@BrentonSpeed

Only reason things escalated is because ballboy dives on ground, as though scoring a try, to protect ball from rightful throw-innerer. https://twitter.com/jayjayk75/status/932950281142149120 

6elDcRgZ_normal.jpg Trent Sainsbury

@Tsainsbury92

Will the ballboy get a couple weeks for simulation? #MAGICOFTHECUP

6elDcRgZ_normal.jpg Trent Sainsbury

@Tsainsbury92

The ballboy will be a legend tomorrow at school. Show and tell will be going off! 😂
Nothing in it from Marrone, just an apology, a signed shirt and move on.

Ball boy was being a little **** and playing games. Just give the ball back like you're supposed to and none of it happens. 

Everyone here in my office disagrees. They think Marrone should be banned and that the ball boy did nothing wrong. SMH :nono:

What really annoyed the crap out of me was when they crossed back to him about 2-3 mins later and they had a police officer sitting with him. Then he gets brought up on stage and Zullo gives him his medal "for putting his body on the line". Are you ******* serious?  

Well the precedent has been set now. If there are no consequences for the kid this time then the FFA have sent a message that not giving the ball back when your team is winning will make you a hero, rather than someone who isn't doing their one job properly.

Hopefully the other clubs have given their ball kids the green light for similar shenanigans.

1 hour ago, Johnno said:

Marrone was trying to get the ball, went in a bit heavy and the kid falls over, if Simon doesn't come charging in, it doesn't escalate.

But its Marrone that gets the red.

Without Simons intervention it would have been a quick apology and a footnote

This - except maybe Marrone went in less than a bit heavy.

My perspective, Marrone deserved the red. The ball boy was completely unprofessional but the player can’t act in that way, try to grab the ball and then clumsily fall on top of him. Similar if you get hit or cop a bad tackle, doesn’t give you the right to retaliate.

Feel for Marrone and Adelaide, not that it affects me, if that had happened to our team I’d be furious. Ropeable. Marrone is trying to win the game, but here is this little kid acting like a brat, purposely delaying play & frustrating the player in a high stakes, tense situation. In a cup final of all things, the A-League/FFA already has a poor image and the FFA cup is trying to get credibility, then this happens? 

This is supposed to be one of the most premier competition at the highest level of competitive football in this country and we don’t have professional or neutral ball boys for a final? This is not a home game, this is not All Age mens football played on council grounds and to win in those circumstances, not that Easts fans would care I’m sure. The only reaction I’ve seen from them is to comment on Marrone reaction not what led him to act like that in the first place. Certainly doesn’t help existing perceptions of the club.

What doesn’t sit well with me has been the reaction post match and in the media. I’m not condoning Marrone’s action but commenting purely on the actions of the ball boy. To be rewarded for his poor behavior instead of getting reprimanded by getting a medal and lifting the trophy on the field? For an incident that he caused? What a joke.

The A-League is already at record low interest levels, are we trying to turn this into a tin pot league?

The Congress debacle, Spotless game called off, FFA’s running of the game, ridiculous ball boy incident and now Ange walking away when clearly things aren’t right behind the scenes..... Disillusioned with the way things are at the moment

My $0.02 worth, regardless of if the kid is being a smart arse or not, you can’t go round knocking ball kids over, red card was right. 

Simon probably should have got one too for escalating it. 

Sydney are very beatable this year, if that’s the best they have then Gombau should be feeling like we can batter them.

interesting to see if their tactic of going with a thin squad so they can spend the money on essentially a third marquee backfires as the injuries mount up. That said given the A Leagues post season cup format you can see why they do it. 

1 hour ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

faux outrage

Yeh sure, the whole thing is a big laugh right? Not like Adelaide were trying to get a goal back with 5 minutes to go on a final or being a player down didn't help there cause, as I said, if I was an Adelaide supporter I'd be pissed. 

Have just read the ball boy picked up a cramp, nek minnit lifting the trophy on stage :rofl: 

8 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

What doesn’t sit well with me has been the reaction post match and in the media.

I had the bad judgement to click on a 9 msn story or 9 news or something.  Karl Stefanovic and Tim Gilbert commenting on it. What?! Who?!

Some dropkick from a morning show and a Rugby League commentator. These guys would never have been going near the FFA Cup if not for this. I think the first line said something about the incident "at a high profile match" or something, instead of at the FFA Cup Final. LOL tells you all about who is reading this ****.

After decades of watching sport in this country I am of the firm belief that we are never going to win over these idiots and I don't want to anyway. Get outraged Karl. Tomorrow there'll be something else for you to pretend you're an expert in and have an opinion on. Whatevs mate. Move along.

Hopefully Arnold ****s off b4 next derby for the national team unless the Socceroos get every one in an epl team Jamie Maclaren playing Gus Hiddink as coach don’t like our chances  so hopefully the national national team takes arnie and ****s his undeserved confidence up via the media so he never coaches again 

6 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

I had the bad judgement to click on a 9 msn story or 9 news or something.  Karl Stefanovic and Tim Gilbert commenting on it. What?! Who?!

Some dropkick from a morning show and a Rugby League commentator. These guys would never have been going near the FFA Cup if not for this. I think the first line said something about the incident "at a high profile match" or something, instead of at the FFA Cup Final. LOL tells you all about who is reading this ****.

After decades of watching sport in this country I am of the firm belief that we are never going to win over these idiots and I don't want to anyway. Get outraged Karl. Tomorrow there'll be something else for you to pretend you're an expert in and have an opinion on. Whatevs mate. Move along.

I just can’t wait for the day when some Arab or Chinese bank buy into the a league and every douchebag in this country is a soccer fan every person jumps on the bandwagon it will be like wtf 

or a lot of successful country’s didn’t make the work cup who knows anything can happen