FFA Cup 2017

10 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Does the "NPL club gets hosting rights" rule not include the final?

Remember that Perth Glory were supposed to host Melb Victory but the FFA moved it to AAMI Park.

Last year, the Smurfs were supposed to host Vi$ion City but FFA moved it to AAMI Park.

If we were facing South Melbourne it would be in Sydney 

2 minutes ago, danielcarr said:

Smurfs get a week and a half before derby. 

Smurfs are FFA favourites again

R1 v Melb Victory away Sat 7 Oct (most likely without Milligan and Troisi)

FFA Cup v South Melbourne away wed 11 Oct 

R2 v Nix home Sun 15 Oct

R3 v Wanderers Home sat 21 Oct

FFA claiming that it was the availability of Lakeside that caused the shift. All I see on their calendar is school athletics, on both the Tuesday and Wednesday of both the original dates and the week they moved it to. Funnily enough, the week they have moved it to had no spare days, but the week they moved it from had spare days on both Monday and Friday.  Seems they can move the athletics that doesn't have a spare day to move it to, but can't move the one that does...

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, mack said:

Smurfs going through. Will probably be 7-1 by the end of the game. What little chance SMFC had was destroyed by the opening goal, dreadful offside call. Forced them into chasing the game against an A-League side. Very hard to do.

FFA want a Sydney Derby to fill their empty wallets. We might get some calls our way against Adelaide.

So ANZ has just got 42000 for the game against Syria

then in early November, the second leg against Honduras for the intercontinental playoff.

21st or 23rd possible FFA Cup Final if we play the smurfs. (Matilda's at AAMI park on the 22 Nov)

(Not FFA money) Sydney Derby at ANZ on 9th December. Not sure if this is a FIFA window.

On 9/27/2017 at 7:16 PM, Taurus said:

Field events would impact the venue way more than athletics.

On 9/27/2017 at 7:46 PM, Carns said:

I assume South Melbourne's preference was for the game to be as early as possible after the QFs. They are no longer in season and will lose match fitness quickly. 3 weeks after their QF is better than 4 or 5. Plus, players are likely to depart for holidays the longer they wait.

Stop this! I posted a perfectly reasonable conspiracy theory about FFA favouring the smurfs and now as i sit here in my tin foil hat i have to read these ridiculous attempts at explaining this clearly corrupt decision.

• 2 weeks later...

Given the general downturn in crowds this season, I wonder exactly how many would have turned up to an All Sydney FFA Cup final. Methinks the crowd would have been disappointing (sub 20k?) even if they significantly reduced ticket prices, particularly a midweek game at Allianz. As it stands I fully expect the Smurfs to get home advantage this time and it will be interesting how many they attract to Allianz or Leichhart.

On 11/1/2017 at 10:58 PM, Paul01 said:

Just saw a comparison of ticket price for the WC Intercontinental Qualifier at ANZ and the FFA Cup Final.

$85 for the Socceroos 

$75 for the FFA Cup Final midweek. 

FFS

It was cheaper to get tickets to Socceroos than the derby, at least in the two lowest priced cats.

• 3 weeks later...

FFA final tonight so I was hoping for a stinking hot 40C day today, with mind numbing high humidty, and a 35C+ at kickoff and the game going the full 90 + 30min extra time,they kick the crap out of each other,multiple reds all round The fact we play Adelaide on the weekend has nothing to do with it....lol

Would like to see Adelaide get up.

2 hours ago, sonar said:

FFA final tonight so I was hoping for a stinking hot 40C day today, with mind numbing high humidty, and a 35C+ at kickoff and the game going the full 90 + 30min extra time,they kick the crap out of each other,multiple reds all round The fact we play Adelaide on the weekend has nothing to do with it....lol

Would like to see Adelaide get up.

Isaias to kick Ninkovic out of the game and see red. 

Bobo and Izzo to face off and a punch up ensues. Both see red.

Redmayne howler for the equaliser to make both teams to go to extra time.

simon with a stray elbow and get 4 weeks 

absalosen to be brought down by Zullo for a pen and yellow card.

4 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Isaias to kick Ninkovic out of the game and see red. 

Bobo and Izzo to face off and a punch up ensues. Izzo see red.

Redmayne howler for the equaliser to make both teams to go to extra time.

simon with a stray elbow and get nothing 

absalosen to be brought down by Zullo for a should be pen and gets a yellow card. for diving

Reality-based adjustments