Squad Development 2017/18

What do people think of Paartalu as a CDM if Roly plays at CAM? (And assuming we dont get anotins back) Good break up play, strong defender and good in the air where Baccus is none of those things. He's fairly strong on ball movement.

He's currently free to go where he pleases. He's also a westie local

20 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

What do people think of Paartalu as a CDM if Roly plays at CAM? (And assuming we dont get anotins back) Good break up play, strong defender and good in the air where Baccus is none of those things. He's fairly strong on ball movement.

Never even considered it until now. Its an interesting idea could work wanders. Depends if we somehow end up keeping Antonis the transfer market hasn't opened just yet, but Paartalu is worth considering

2 hours ago, Erebus said:

I'd take Scott McDonald under the cap. Then get another marquee no.9

Wowwww now slow down a sec, you will be suggesting Popa do something totally crazy like play with 2 strikers next! Popa would have to go and lay down in a darkened room after contemplating that kind of outrageous and dangerous idea.

36 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

Wowwww now slow down a sec, you will be suggesting Popa do something totally crazy like play with 2 strikers next! Popa would have to go and lay down in a darkened room after contemplating that kind of outrageous and dangerous idea.

Scotty Mac can play in the same role as King Bridge did in the ACL as a CAM/Second striker.

1 hour ago, WSWBoro said:

I think I remember being mentioned that he played as a secondary striker/ midfielder role for his club and would be a good fit for us.

9 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Never even considered it until now. Its an interesting idea could work wanders. Depends if we somehow end up keeping Antonis the transfer market hasn't opened just yet, but Paartalu is worth considering

Are we becoming the recycler for Vi$ion City?

2 minutes ago, bunkmoreland said:

Confirmed by Motherwell that McDonald won't be taking up the option on his deal so he'll be a free agent as of 31st May. If you guys want him (and it seems clear you have over the past 2 windows) then now's the time to get him.

I'm sure he's still on our radar, but our primary attacking target appears to be a striker who played La Liga this season. 

I reckon it's David Barral.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/david-barral/profil/spieler/20346

Played at Granada CF in La Liga up until the start of this year and has recently moved to Cyprus club, APOEL Nicosia on an 18 month contract. Has scored 3 goals in 4 games.

The link? Aritz Borda also played at APOEL Nicosia back in the 14/15 season. I reckon we are trying to do a player swap so that we are getting Barral while Borda is heading back to Nicosia. Win win for everyone. 

Barral has played against Messi.

Image result for David Barral and lionel messi

Or Ryan Babel - Dutch & Suriname nationality just like Castelen. Would've played together in the national team I reckon. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ryan-babel/profil/spieler/16135

One can wish, hey? 

Edited by Fungus
7 hours ago, Fungus said:

I reckon it's David Barral.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/david-barral/profil/spieler/20346

Played at Granada CF in La Liga up until the start of this year and has recently moved to Cyprus club, APOEL Nicosia on an 18 month contract. Has scored 3 goals in 4 games.

The link? Aritz Borda also played at APOEL Nicosia back in the 14/15 season. I reckon we are trying to do a player swap so that we are getting Barral while Borda is heading back to Nicosia. Win win for everyone. 

Barral has played against Messi.

Image result for David Barral and lionel messi

Or Ryan Babel - Dutch & Suriname nationality just like Castelen. Would've played together in the national team I reckon. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ryan-babel/profil/spieler/16135

One can wish, hey? 

God I hope not. The bloke will be 35 by the time the season rolls around. At this point I would hoping we are looking for a 3-4 year prospect.

21 hours ago, Upthehill said:

He's shite. Letting Baccus go for Paartalu is a terrible idea. Just terrible

What we need is a good marquee who will stick around for more than 1 season. For that reason it's crucial that we sign Nico for this season and then on a long-term deal. The owners should dip into their considerable pockets and pay a transfer fee for Nico.

At most it'll cost ~$2.5m and they won't lose as many members. The owners need to invest in the team or risk the club falling behind especially once Popa leaves

2 hours ago, DinoPresinger said:

He's shite. Letting Baccus go for Paartalu is a terrible idea. Just terrible

Good thing I didn't suggest that then. He's a defensive minded CDM who would partner well with Baccus. He's definitely not ****, he's just not a playmaker 

3 hours ago, DinoPresinger said:

What we need is a good marquee who will stick around for more than 1 season. For that reason it's crucial that we sign Nico for this season and then on a long-term deal. The owners should dip into their considerable pockets and pay a transfer fee for Nico.

At most it'll cost ~$2.5m and they won't lose as many members. The owners need to invest in the team or risk the club falling behind especially once Popa leaves

It all depends how motivated Olympiakos are to get Nico off their books, and at what cost. Transfermarkt values him at 900k Euro. Unless Nico's club agrees to another give away deal we won't see him again.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic