Squad Development 2017/18

9 minutes ago, FCB said:

It all depends how motivated Olympiakos are to get Nico off their books, and at what cost. Transfermarkt values him at 900k Euro. Unless Nico's club agrees to another give away deal we won't see him again.

Surely we can afford a million for a marquee...  Holosko was getting that at ESFC and Bobo too...  we have to match Victory and Smurfs in the cheque book stakes too if we are to maintain our long term plan of always being top 4 

I don't think it is a matter of how much we pay for marquees but to sign them in the first place. They free up space in the cap. 

Nico was excellent value for money. If we get two like him next season then I'll be very happy. 

No more experiments with imports. The Borda/Bruno/Jumpei trio plus the late arrival of a very unfit Nico killed our season before it started.

Equally important is the presence of frindge Socceroos. Risdon, Thwaite, Cornflakes - their quality and experience will matter. Throw in an Antonis and/or Scotty Mc and we'll be laughing. No more hope and pray players like Bulut.

21 minutes ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

i think we should sign bulut again.

Yes, opportunity knocks. He is not listed in the Wehen Wiesbaden squad any longer, and according to transfermarkt.com he is a free agent.

His career in Germany's BL3 turned out worse than expected. Played 84 minutes in five games, and didn't score. I feel sorry for that guy, 

1 hour ago, FCB said:

I don't think it is a matter of how much we pay for marquees but to sign them in the first place. They free up space in the cap. 

Nico was excellent value for money. If we get two like him next season then I'll be very happy. 

No more experiments with imports. The Borda/Bruno/Jumpei trio plus the late arrival of a very unfit Nico killed out season before it started.

Equally important is the presence of frindge Socceroos. Risdon, Thwaite, Cornflakes - their quality and experience will matter. Throw in an Antonis and/or Scotty Mc and we'll be laughing. No more hope and pray players like Bulut.

What was wrong with Bulut, he scored a goal in the Greek 2nd division, before coming back to WSW.

He compares favourably to Bobo, who only scored 120 goals from 275 games in the Turkish 1st Division. 

1 hour ago, Taurus said:

What was wrong with Bulut, he scored a goal in the Greek 2nd division, before coming back to WSW.

He compares favourably to Bobo, who only scored 120 goals from 275 games in the Turkish 1st Division. 

I recall pointing out that minor technicality in August, and was reminded that achievements in Turkish football matter very little when it comes to the HAL. Bulut is a bomb, apparently, and Bobo an overpriced and overvalued so-and-so. 

11 minutes ago, FCB said:

I recall pointing out that minor technicality in August, and was reminded that achievements in Turkish football matter very little when it comes to the HAL. Bulut is a bomb, apparently, and Bobo an overpriced and overvalued so-and-so. 

He's gone on to be frozen out of his German 4th division side too.

Forumites I think had the memories of Bulut slamming goals in during the derby in their head. 

He definitely had talent, but he is thoughtless and lacks even the tiniest skerrick of self control (made obvious by his personal life)

I cannot understand how Bulut had gotten this far in the football world and yet hadn't yet mastered one of the most crucial qualities a striker should know .... timing your runs.

I think we can do Sooooo much better than Kerem.

1 hour ago, WSWBoro said:

No, it goes around in circles until late September. What we need here is more nicely edited youtube clips of South American player 'best bits', or European players for that matter, if great on youtube then gotta be legit..

Personally I prefer the poorly edited videos where the first 5 minutes is just the player dribbling and losing the ball accompanied by an inexplicable mix of dubstep and pop

1 hour ago, DinoPresinger said:

Personally I prefer the poorly edited videos where the first 5 minutes is just the player dribbling and losing the ball accompanied by an inexplicable mix of dubstep and pop

Somebody posted one the other day for one of the La Liga rumours the first 1:30 was various slow mo footage of celebrations, pattting his team mates and walking round a bit. I didn't much further than that.. I'd hope somewhere in the 3 mins of highlights they actually had him scoring a goal 

slow motion of mad step overs is always good too 

the Phoenix one of Appiah is great lots of footbage of him running really fast, trying to knock it past his man, but putting the ball out for a goal kick all to we don't need another hero

can someone do a seyi adeleke one 

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic