Football Media Discussion 2

Previous thread here.

Admin: This thread is for discussion of the Football Media. Inclusive of media personalities, bias in the media, and news about the people who report on football.

Please keep in mind that news articles regarding players, clubs, or any other non-media related news can be given their own threads in an appropriate subforum, or posted in relevant specific thread.

1 hour ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

I imagine next year will be Fox Sports only then. Nothing on FTA perhaps? FFA offered it to ABC and Seven... no takers.

1 hour ago, luisenrique said:

Just set up a streaming service for ffs. Most of the American sports can be streamed on twitter now.

You can thank Foxsports and their monopoly on rights for this not happening. They want you to buy their shitty product instead.

Critics have said more sport content would help channel 10, and we really need free to air.

As much as Big Bash has been a success the reality is it doesn't go for long enough to help them in their ratings. A recent interview with O'Rourke had them confident of getting a deal by end of this May so most likely the negotiations will continue up until September  :cheeky:

the writing is the details of the"free bid" for the major networks which has them uncertain in taking up the offer. As mack said the fox productions costs of $2 mill has to be paid for. The sat night match to be shown also won't be exclusive so will still have to compete with fox sports and networks won't know who is playing or if it's a major match or not.

Think the deal will include w-league, some qualifiers and maybe international friendlies/overseas club tournaments (Depending which teams come to play).

14 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Has been a brawl that occurred on the weekend at a rugby league match at Campbelltown. Obviously hasn't hit the news yet :rolleyes: 

When someone contacted the police, this was there response 

:rolleyes:

People wonder why we have an issue with the standard of reporting in regards to football and other codes  

It's funny AF sitting back watching the AFL claim responsibility for discovering China. In terms of self belief and promotion though, the FFA could learn a thing or two from it. The AFL genuinely believe the sun shines out of their own ass, it's incredible. 

Meanwhile what are we doing? Still desperately seeking acceptance and   from anyone having a dig at football... Who cares if we don't have the mass media on our side or as much bargaining power with TV rights? I'd rather have a healthy arrogance and self belief with little external support than just be a lap dog with little external support. 

2 hours ago, hughsey said:

It's funny AF sitting back watching the AFL claim responsibility for discovering China. In terms of self belief and promotion though, the FFA could learn a thing or two from it. The AFL genuinely believe the sun shines out of their own ass, it's incredible. 

Meanwhile what are we doing? Still desperately seeking acceptance and   from anyone having a dig at football... Who cares if we don't have the mass media on our side or as much bargaining power with TV rights? I'd rather have a healthy arrogance and self belief with little external support than just be a lap dog with little external support. 

didnt the afl invent China like we invented football?

On 5/10/2017 at 2:43 PM, luisenrique said:

Just set up a streaming service for ffs. Most of the American sports can be streamed on twitter now.

On this topic, I wouldn't say no to Optus bidding for the A-League rights.

While some people may not agree, I'm glad Optus got the EPL rights over Foxtel.

I don't have a link as it's behind a paywall but I saw in the tele today that Mel Mclaughlin has a stalker - an ex colleague who has been warned off - who lost a USB with 18 hours of surveillance footage taken of here. Cops have the USB now.

Apparently the dude is jealous of Mel's new guy, an ex Bradford player who has had 3 kids to 5 girls!

And also apparently unrelated to the stalking, this fella was in an argument with Rudan at a pub after the Grand Final

https://au.be.yahoo.com/entertainment/a/35499228/channel-7-s-mel-mclaughlin-stalker-exposed-from-usb-yahoo7-be/#page1

• mack locked this topic