Wanderers ACL Appearances: 0
Wanderers ACL Goals: 0

Wanderers FFA Cup Appearances: 8
Wanderers FFA Cup Goals: 2

Wanderers Club World Cup Appearances: 0
Wanderers Club World Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Total Appearances: 53
Wanderers Total Goals: 10

Yearly Appearances & Goals: 2017/18: 26 (1), 2018/19: 27 (9)

International Team: Netherlands
International Caps: 0
International Goals: 0

Individual Awards: Wanderers Fans Player Of The Year (2018/19)

Team Honours:

Highlight: Scored his first goal for the club against the Central Coast Mariners on 21/10/2017
Highlight:
Highlight:

Description: Bonevacia is an attacking midfielder with Dutch & Caribbean heritage, noted for his ability to shoot from outside the area, he provided attacking flair to an otherwise staid Wellington Phoenix team. With his family in Sydney following an earthquake forced relocation, he will be looking to improve on his 5 goals a season average. His first season at the club was a disaster, scoring just a single goal while being unsuited to the attacking midfield position he had been recruited for. Season 2 was better, although he had to be redeployed to the wing he made the most of the positional change with a mid-season goal haul, but faded out after the Wanderers fell out of the finals race and he did not earn a new contract from Markus Babbel.

View full record

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Many posters here and elsewhere have inlcuded Roly amongst our defensive midfielders. I have never subscribed to that theory and look forward to seing him in a #10 role or similar and banging in a few screamers !!

Agree

Pretty he was p...ed off when Merrick got Finkler for CAM for the Nix. 

On 06/07/2017 at 9:57 AM, Paul01 said:

Agree

Pretty he was p...ed off when Merrick got Finkler for CAM for the Nix. 

People view him that way because that's where he's always played. He started as a CB at Ajax and moved up the pitch when they discovered how good he is on the ball. 

Baccus is going to have to step it up a notch though to give Roly good service. It will kill our momentum if he has to drop back to bring the ball up

Had a really good chat to Roly tonight at Rouse Hill, what a great guy.

I know that any new player to a club will talk up the fans but I could tell he really meant it, having that wall of noise on his shoulder has him pumped for his first derby.

I also gee'd him up to run and jump into the crowd after his first goal, he's going to be a fan favourite I can see it now.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Taurus said:

Roly could easily have scored a brace on Wednesday night, had the GK not had a blinder & peeps would be saying how well he's fitting in.

He'll contribute more than Nichols did last season

The chance he had one-on-one was more to do with poor finishing than great keeping. Keeper came out and Roly put it along the ground when a little chip was a goal.

It wouldn't be hard to contribute more than Nichols last year but he needs to show he can be consistent and take his chances. At the moment I see a guy who continually looks like he's going to do something but doesn't deliver enough. That's not just from the pre-season, that's from what I saw at Wellington too.

There's potential there but he's gotta learn to be a consistent professional footballer who can be relied upon. He's 25, this is when his career goes one way or the other.

• 3 weeks later...

Bossi alert http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/lessons-at-ajax-amsterdam-prepared-roly-bonevacia-for-aleague-sydney-derby-20171019-gz4gdq.html

"If I have to be honest, yeah," he said. "Because the fans and the support, they make the game exciting. In New Zealand, it was great but it did not really have the feeling of playing in a proper match. Here I guess the people care. There are more fans as well so you feel proper support."

"In the big games you see, I can show people my skills, my qualities and I love to play with pressure. It's good for me to play a game like this. I can prove myself in these big games and I love to prove myself to the world and the fans," he said.

"Actually I just want to win and I don't care how, I just want to win this game," he said.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

please move to the ex players section

Roly is not our worst. I was watching him closely during the game and he always had two or three opposition players around him to stop him from setting up the attack. Sydney do this very effectively. Arnold knows that this league isn't the EPL where every player can be a danger. In the A League most clubs would have 1 or 2 playmakers and Arnold concentrates his plans around nullifying the opposition playmakers.

12 minutes ago, sonar said:

Roly is not our worst. I was watching him closely during the game and he always had two or three opposition players around him to stop him from setting up the attack. Sydney do this very effectively. Arnold knows that this league isn't the EPL where every player can be a danger. In the A League most clubs would have 1 or 2 playmakers and Arnold concentrates his plans around nullifying the opposition playmakers.

Yep. My niece commented on this at the match as well. They shut him down as they know he is one of our playmakers. We have to figure out how to help him, free him up so he can properly contribute

4 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

honestly it wasnt  so much about our last match but more in general, i had hope he would excel this season but he really hasnt done much

I know he HAS gone missing in a game or two, but tbh he is getting marked heavily all the time by our opposition. They know what he can do if let to run free. I understand your frustration though.