R3 - Smurfs - Sat 21 Oct - SFS

mack

2 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

and in the SMH online right now there are 3 rugby union stories and not one about the derby.

Reflects the number of football journo’s to other sports journalists. Let’s be honest though, after the dribble that has come out of that newspaper, nobody wants to read it anyway...

22 hours ago, Erebus said:

The Sunday 7pm derby is purely so Fox has it exclusively. Same reason why there's a Melb Derby on a Friday night.

They give the Saturday slot to Ch10, then remove 2 derbies from that slot haha.

It'll definitely affect attendance. If it had to be 7pm Sunday, it should be during school holidays.

But FFA/FOX...

If we make the FFA cup final, It’ll be the 4th time playing them. You’ll be lucky to get 25k there...

4 hours ago, hughsey said:

If we make the FFA cup final, It’ll be the 4th time playing them. You’ll be lucky to get 25k there...

You would hope not. Surely a chance to win a trophy would get people out.

I guess it will depend on how we go Saturday. Smash them 4-0 then make a final against them on their ground, who wouldn’t want to go to that. Get humped like we did in game 1 last year and even I’d be tempted to give the rematch a wide berth*

*by that I mean I’ll go anyway

edit: I just re read your comment. I am a bellend you meant the 4th derby not the cup final.

same applies if we hammer them in the next game people will come. If we get beat, it will rely on their home fans to turn up 

Edited by StringerBellend
12 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

and in the SMH online right now there are 3 rugby union stories and not one about the derby.

And I just heard a midnight news bulletin on am radio.

No mention of the derby, but there was a mention of the draft picks for.........no, not the AFL, but the AFL woman's comp.

**** me. 

6 minutes ago, OmarOfTheWest said:

best pubs to watch at?

anywhere good in parra? if not i'll probs travel to the city to go uni and then the agincourt hotel, i reckon it would cracka there 

exhibition hotel maybe?   

its easy to get a seat thrown at you

26 minutes ago, OmarOfTheWest said:

best pubs to watch at?

anywhere good in parra? if not i'll probs travel to the city to go uni and then the agincourt hotel, i reckon it would cracka there 

or you could get a ticket to the game?

1 hour ago, Erebus said:

How much do they cost?

That's probably the reason.

Let's not forget, we have 6 NSW away games this season. Its ridiculous and costs the same as your membership. I don't know why the FFA haven't split the NSW teams up in terms of away games and home games. Its either 6 away or 3 away season by season.

The answer is in your question - it’s a three letter acronym. 

4 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I went to buy an extra ticket at 130 today kept getting sold out message for active, after a load of goes I finally got one. Now when I test it in app there are loads.

why do they make it so complex? 

Because whoever is in charge of this **** are ****wits.

It annoys the **** out of me as well.

I seriously do not understand the logistics of this type of strategy.

Edited by Wanderboy
1 hour ago, Prydzopolis said:

Had the same issue when buying both Socceroo and derby tickets, both took over 15 minutes because it was “allocation exhausted” :acute: 

Yeah but the Socceroos one makes sense becuase everyone was in the queue.  When you are sitting there having selected your tickets but it's not loading then other people can't buy your tickets. Then it times out and your tickets become available again. So it's just luck that you are the person whose page loads at the time the tickets go back on the market.

At least, that's what I reckon happens!