Wanderers pre-season games 2017/18

On 7/25/2017 at 0:53 PM, Taurus said:

Difficult to arrange trials against NPL1 competition, when you can't offer the opponent an earn through the turnstiles, as you require games to be played behind closed doors, due to potentially 'unsociable' behaviour of your fans.

Have the cops told the club not to have fans at pre-season games, or was this our decision?

1 hour ago, Jimspade said:

Anyone going to shepparton game? Im stoked i wont have to drive 12 hours round trip to watch my team!

v

Is not that  far,about five to six hours drive,and depends how you drive.

Anyone going to shepparton game? Im stoked i wont have to drive 12 hours round trip to watch my team!

Edited by mintoff
two copies of the same
1 hour ago, Erebus said:

Riera has to score next week when it really counts.

lulz at Santa though with that ridiculous goal.

3 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Nice strike by Riera. I liked his touches and shoot ****** against Arsenal, and that first-timer (as our yankie friends would say) was nice. Looking good kids

Watch Ori during the shooting drill component of the warm up. #impressive

25 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Watch Ori during the shooting drill component of the warm up. #impressive

This i like to hear! I have watched some of those drills before games over the last couple of years and been horrified. Just horrified. 

Never forget Robbie Fowler telling a story of when he went into England camp for the first time and watched Shearer train. Said he never missed in training. Never. Made Robbie realise how far he had to go.

When: Friday, September 22.

Who: Melbourne City v Western Sydney Wanderers.

Where: McEwen Reserve, Shepparton Sports Precinct.

Kick-off: 7.30pm

Tickets: $12.50 (adult), $7.50 (concession, students and children 5 to 17).

Tickets for the match will go on sale on Friday, August 4, via the Riverlinks Box Office, Shepparton.

http://www.sheppnews.com.au/2017/07/27/101612/city-coming-to-country#

Ticketing information for the Shepparton preseason match.

3 minutes ago, FCWanderers said:

Tickets for the match will go on sale on Friday, August 4, via the Riverlinks Box Office, Shepparton.

Wonder if VicPol will turn out in force for the game?

21 minutes ago, FCWanderers said:

Think I might make the trip for this one. Anyone else headed down? 

Brisbane City trial game announced for 5th September

https://www.brisbanecityfc.com.au/news/major-announcement-city-set-for-hyundai-a-league-test/

bricfc19844-bcfc-v-wsw-game-promo-material_d.jpg?x84809

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: CITY SET FOR HYUNDAI A-LEAGUE TEST

By S Smale
  Posted July 27, 2017
 In News

Brisbane City Football Club is delighted to announce that our senior team will play the Western Sydney Wanderers at Corporate Travel Management Stadium, Tuesday 5th September at 7:30pm.

Brisbane City President David Asnicar is understandably thrilled with the prospect of welcoming the Wanderers and their legions of fans to Brisbane City FC.

“The Club looks forward to welcoming Tony Popovic and his team to Corporate Travel Management Stadium on the 5th,” said David, “We look forward to seeing our senior team test themselves against Hyundai A-League opposition.”

Brisbane City Head Coach John Kosmina sees this as a fantastic opportunity to test his young side against top level opposition.

“This is a great chance for our guys to see where they’re at against a quality side.” Kosmina said.

“Many of our players are home grown Brisbane City juniors, which is something we are extremely focussed on and proud of here at the City, so it’s a great opportunity for them.”

screen-shot-2017-06-07-at-11.52.20-am-30

John Kosmina hopes to see the clubs young squad embrace this opportunity. Photo by Scott Norrish.

Tony Popovic will look to use the City game to test his squad during a Queensland-based training camp ahead of the 2017/18 season.

The Wanderers finished in 6th spot in the Hyundai A-League last year, and were knocked out of the Finals Series in a thrilling Elimination Final on penalties against the Roar at Suncorp Stadium.

Wanderers have already played Arsenal in a blockbuster pre-season encounter at ANZ Stadium, and announced yesterday that they will take on Melbourne City in Shepparton as part of their pre-season preparations.

Tony Popovic’s squad for the upcoming campaign has taken shape over the past week with the addition of marquee Spaniard Álvaro Cejudo from La Liga side Real Betis, who joins fellow countryman and former Osasuna striker Oriol Riera and returning record goalscorer Mark Bridge, along with established stars Robbie Cornthwaite, Brendon Santalab and Steven Lustica.

5-228x300.jpg?x84809

One of City’s home-grown youngsters Owain Thomas will feature in the game. Photo by s-l archer.

The 2014 AFC Asian Champions League winners will face Perth Glory in their opening Hyundai A-League encounter on Sunday 8th October in Sydney.

The club will announce further details for Car Parking, Corporate Box Hire and Ticketing details in the coming weeks. On the night, all training for Juniors will be cancelled to allow attendance at the match.

Full catering and bar facilities will be available on the night from the bar/restaurant.

Additionally, the Wanderers players will kindly make themselves available for autographs and photos at the Club prior to the match.

4 hours ago, Paul01 said:

I think it's in the same week as the friendly against Brisbane City.

Sounds about right.

Squad will go into camp for a week or so, as they did last year

3 hours ago, Taurus said:

Sounds about right.

Squad will go into camp for a week or so, as they did last year

Found it on the FoxSports website 

BRISBANE Roar will step up their A-League preparations with a trial against Western Sydney Wanderers on August 18.

The afternoon match — being played during the Wanderers’ Gold Coast camp — will be a behind-closed-doors affair at Robina venue Cbus Super Stadium.

The Wanderers will return to Queensland the following month for another camp that includes a game against NPL club Brisbane City at Spencer Park on September 5, the same night Australia meets Thailand in a World Cup qualifier in Melbourne.