Spare/Selling/Request Ticket Thread 2017/18

Rules:

• Sell at face value or lower. If you want to get more than face value, sell somewhere else.
  • No public complaints if a sale goes bad. I'm not getting involved. Both seller and buyer have responsibility not to rip each other off, and to not get ripped off.
  • If I get a complaint and you're at fault in a way like simply taking money with no tickets given, you get permanently banned.
  • I have no other "rules". You decide what you are willing to allow, in terms of "holding" tickets, or taking "deposits", how payments are made, or how a ticket is sent over, as a seller or buyer. If you don't feel comfortable with the way someone wants to do a transaction, I suggest not going through with it.
  • 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Hey guys, I wasn't able to purchase a ticket to the Matilda's this Saturday due to refereeing commitments but been given a Sunday game. If one comes available, am keen

Love the fact we are talking about a Matilda's game being sold out 

the way it's going the men will be playing before the women as the drawcard in the future 

1 hour ago, hughsey said:

Just bought my derby ticket... $6.60 handling fee...

I thought they passed legislation to stop this bullshit. The fee is more than what I payed for the same game last year!

They recently passed new laws limiting the amount of merchant fees a business could pass on to their customers. For instance, this will stop many places from charging you 2.5% for credit cards payments like hotels, airlines etc. 

But they can still charge these "handling or admin" fees. The ACCC have said they will monitor businesses to make sure they aren't passing on the merchant fees in their handling fees but it will happen - slowly and in small amounts - but it will happen.

There's also been legislation to make sure that businesses display the whole amount a transaction will cost up front. They can't hide the admin fee right at the end anymore. That's why you'll see places like ticket sellers and airlines now have those extra fees and charges listed more prominently next to prices. 

If you print at home, there should be only a minimal admin fee. $1-2 per transaction. I can understand if you'd like a printed ticket sent or made available for pick up, that there are increased costs. In those cases, I could stomach a $6.60 processing fee. But right now, it's ridiculous.

This is why it was such a relief buying FFA Cup tickets the other day off Eventopia. No fees, no crashing and you could check out as guest. It was so simple and easy. 

The ticketing agencies are entitled to provide a service to the entity wishing to sell tickets to an event & be paid a fee for doing so. 

However, the fee should IMHO be incorporated into the price of any mobile ticket or one that the purchaser prints at home.

I assume in the case of the Blacktown City FFA Cup game, Eventopia are paid a fee for establishing the ticketing process for the event & or are paid a fee for each ticket sold. 

Mt Druitt implemented a similar system for the pre-season trial game against WSW a couple of years ago. 

If an event promoter decides to go with a particular ticketing agency, that is not the responsibility of the fan/ticket buyer to pay the fee to enlist their service. That's like saying that anyone who chooses to go with a certain business for their needs must pay for a portion of that businesses advertising as well as the product they purchase... 

It's naive to think they aren't already bumping the price of the actual ticket up to make themselves some profit. The handling fee is daylight robbery when you consider they actually do nothing in the entire process that isn't automated. 

I'm sick of it and all the price ever does is go up each season regardless of the event or ticket price. Since WSW have existed I've easily spent into the hundreds of $$$ on these greedy 'handling fees' and every time I've done every step of the process MYSELF!

The fact I've been ignored by both Ticketek and Ticketmaster every time I've simply asked for an explanation of what it covers on social media says it all really...

The fee reflects the end-to-end cost of Ticketek providing customer services related to the fulfilling the event ticket. This includes the not inconsiderable cost of providing staff and infrastructure at venues to ensure a smooth customer experience at the event. Other significant costs are related to operating and continually upgrading complex e-commerce platforms, communications platforms, agencies and call centres.

Lmao is that why their servers crash for any big event?

So let me get this straight...

Ticketek's handling fee is for the following -

Website - Which crashes for every major event.

Call Centres - Which they have dramatically reduced the size of in the past ten years. This results in frequent engaged messages and when you can actually get through, up to 45min wait times.

Agencies - Once again, they have reduced in number significantly. Used to be at Westfields but that got pulled. There are now only a handful of agencies left and most of them are actually attached to other stores (e.g Betta Electrical) so they don't pay rent or have to have to pay their own staff. 

I have no issues paying a handling or admin fee if you request the ticket to be printed or picked up at the venue, because there is additional effort and work required. This should cover the cost of having staff at venues.

Let's be honest, it is a complete rort. Ticketek are probably making a fee from each venue or promoter for every event listed on their site. They then also probably take a large percentage of every ticket sold as well. 

Plus there is plenty of advertising on their website which would probably draw in a couple of $100K every year. 

They are making a lot of profit and along with Ticketmaster have a big monopoly on the market. The smaller providers don't have the infrastructure for major events and the only way things will change is if some other big players come into the market. Which they won't. So we are stuck with them and they can charge whatever the hell they want and people won't complain because they don't want to miss out on tickets. 

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Gongguy said:

Are the tickets to the game against Phoenix sold out, as I am unable to purchase any on ticketmaster? I have four friends coming from the UK that were keen to see Wanderers play.

Any info would be appreciated.

Can almost guarantee they are not sold out.

When is the game? The tickets might not be on sale yet.

I rang Ticketmaster and apparently they have a lot of tickets left so i booked them that way. There is an issue with the website allowing purchases, don't know if its a fault my end or theirs but got the tickets.

Thank you Carns.

Edited by Gongguy
mispelt