mack

Spare/Selling/Request Ticket Thread 2017/18

mack   

Rules:

• Sell at face value or lower. If you want to get more than face value, sell somewhere else.
  • No public complaints if a sale goes bad. I'm not getting involved. Both seller and buyer have responsibility not to rip each other off, and to not get ripped off.
  • If I get a complaint and you're at fault in a way like simply taking money with no tickets given, you get permanently banned.
  • I have no other "rules". You decide what you are willing to allow, in terms of "holding" tickets, or taking "deposits", how payments are made, or how a ticket is sent over, as a seller or buyer. If you don't feel comfortable with the way someone wants to do a transaction, I suggest not going through with it.

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Hey guys, I wasn't able to purchase a ticket to the Matilda's this Saturday due to refereeing commitments but been given a Sunday game. If one comes available, am keen

45 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Hey guys, I wasn't able to purchase a ticket to the Matilda's this Saturday due to refereeing commitments but been given a Sunday game. If one comes available, am keen

You can go to the big GWS game.....plenty of tickets left :good:

10 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

You can go to the big GWS game.....plenty of tickets left :good:

Go to an awful game? These are my thoughts when it comes to that sport and that team

:tusk:

19 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Love the fact we are talking about a Matilda's game being sold out 

the way it's going the men will be playing before the women as the drawcard in the future 

hughsey   

Just bought my derby ticket... $6.60 handling fee...

I thought they passed legislation to stop this bullshit. The fee is more than what I payed for the same game last year!

1 hour ago, hughsey said:

Just bought my derby ticket... $6.60 handling fee...

I thought they passed legislation to stop this bullshit. The fee is more than what I payed for the same game last year!

They recently passed new laws limiting the amount of merchant fees a business could pass on to their customers. For instance, this will stop many places from charging you 2.5% for credit cards payments like hotels, airlines etc. 

But they can still charge these "handling or admin" fees. The ACCC have said they will monitor businesses to make sure they aren't passing on the merchant fees in their handling fees but it will happen - slowly and in small amounts - but it will happen.

There's also been legislation to make sure that businesses display the whole amount a transaction will cost up front. They can't hide the admin fee right at the end anymore. That's why you'll see places like ticket sellers and airlines now have those extra fees and charges listed more prominently next to prices. 

If you print at home, there should be only a minimal admin fee. $1-2 per transaction. I can understand if you'd like a printed ticket sent or made available for pick up, that there are increased costs. In those cases, I could stomach a $6.60 processing fee. But right now, it's ridiculous.

This is why it was such a relief buying FFA Cup tickets the other day off Eventopia. No fees, no crashing and you could check out as guest. It was so simple and easy. 

Taurus   

The ticketing agencies are entitled to provide a service to the entity wishing to sell tickets to an event & be paid a fee for doing so. 

However, the fee should IMHO be incorporated into the price of any mobile ticket or one that the purchaser prints at home.

I assume in the case of the Blacktown City FFA Cup game, Eventopia are paid a fee for establishing the ticketing process for the event & or are paid a fee for each ticket sold. 

Mt Druitt implemented a similar system for the pre-season trial game against WSW a couple of years ago. 

hughsey   

If an event promoter decides to go with a particular ticketing agency, that is not the responsibility of the fan/ticket buyer to pay the fee to enlist their service. That's like saying that anyone who chooses to go with a certain business for their needs must pay for a portion of that businesses advertising as well as the product they purchase... 

It's naive to think they aren't already bumping the price of the actual ticket up to make themselves some profit. The handling fee is daylight robbery when you consider they actually do nothing in the entire process that isn't automated. 

I'm sick of it and all the price ever does is go up each season regardless of the event or ticket price. Since WSW have existed I've easily spent into the hundreds of $$$ on these greedy 'handling fees' and every time I've done every step of the process MYSELF!

The fact I've been ignored by both Ticketek and Ticketmaster every time I've simply asked for an explanation of what it covers on social media says it all really...

Be careful whag you wish for. While I too strongly dislike and disagree with the handling fees, I'd rather pay one $6 fee on a multiple ticket purchase than an extra $6 built into the price of each ticket.

Carns   

Have one GA ticket spare for tomorrow nights game vs. Blacktown City. Cost price: $20. Can meet at the ground before KO. PM me.

Roger   

Hey guys, I have 2x Adult GA tickets available due to last minute pull out. Selling for face value and can meet up. Let me know by PM.