10 Men Mariners Hold Wanderers To Draw

Okon record against WSW

1-1 at Spotless (16/17) Redmayne GK

1-4 at Gosford (16/17) Tyson red carded wirh Redmayne subbed on for a cleansheet.

2-0 at Spotless (16/17) Vedran

2-2 at Spotless (17/18) Vedran

I believe Mack's report does little justice to Da Silva's goal.  It was well worked and well taken and the deflection off a lunging defender hardly counts as a possible own goal.

To lloydy136 (above), I don't think it was so much that "they flooded the midfield ... to make it hard for us to play our short passing game"  It was more a matter that we had abandoned the game we had played against Glory and left the midfield to Mariners, while we, for much of the game, seemed to resort to a 4 - 2 - 4 with a front four chasing long balls.

On 15/10/2017 at 9:16 PM, sonar said:

A lot of our support will not go to SOP. There will be more of our fans going to Allianz on Saturday than went to Spotless v the Mariners.. Nothing you can do about it. Just the way it's going to be I think.

I agree. I don’t think you’ll ever see a ‘big’ crowd at Spotless (especially for the giants lol). There were plenty of people declaring they’d never return, 2-3 games into last season. I know a handful of these people myself and they’re adamant they will not return until Parra is finished.

10 hours ago, hughsey said:

I agree. I don’t think you’ll ever see a ‘big’ crowd at Spotless (especially for the giants lol). There were plenty of people declaring they’d never return, 2-3 games into last season. I know a handful of these people myself and they’re adamant they will not return until Parra is finished.

Another selling point for the six game plan at ANZ is the free bus travel to and from surrounding areas, almost door to door so to speak with no parking fees or train rides, that makes it cheaper and more appealing, just saying.

Won’t get many (or any) big crowds at spotless in part because all the big games are at ANZ.

Id like to see us play Victory at a sold out spotless when both teams are on a good run, to see what the atmosphere could be like. Won’t happen as we move it to anz and our up with 20k in an a 80k venue.

9 minutes ago, FCB said:

The 12k who go to Spotless are the true believers. They all deserve a medal for suffering that joint. It is a dreadful ground for football. Just dreadful. 

If your up in the stand to the sides, the view is not too bad and its perfect for offside calls. The kebabs are better than the greasy food that Pirtek offered plus all the food outlets are accessible to all. At Pirtek, pretty sure that the Eastern stand didn't have access to the Subway outlet.

20 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

If your up in the stand to the sides, the view is not too bad and its perfect for offside calls. The kebabs are better than the greasy food that Pirtek offered plus all the food outlets are accessible to all. At Pirtek, pretty sure that the Eastern stand didn't have access to the Subway outlet.

The food options at Spotless are the only saving grace to be honest. Probably the best I've seen in any stadium in this country.

There's actually a pretty decent Kebab place opposite Olympic Park station just up from Ribs and Rumps.

I always eat there before a game. Good value too.

6 hours ago, FCB said:

The 12k who go to Spotless are the true believers. They all deserve a medal for suffering that joint. It is a dreadful ground for football. Just dreadful. 

Even with 12K, no atmosphere any more, despite the best efforts of the RBB.  Only reaction these days to the RBB is with "Who Do We Sing For?"  No longer any scarves during the walk-on.  Proznon is left solely to RBB.  We urgently need a walk-on song (not one of the RBB chants, but somthing with feeling).  Also needs the ground announcer to switch to silence when being sung.  Perhaps he could practise the names of our team and practise the countdown.

Edited by Harv
spelling errors
9 minutes ago, Harv said:

Even with 12K, no atmosphere any more, despite the best efforts of the RBB.  Only reaction these days to the RBB is with "Who Do We Sing For?"  No longer any scarves during the walk-on.  Proznon is left solely to RBB.  We urgently need a walk-on song (not one of the RBB chants, but somthing with feeling).  Also needs the ground announcer to switch to silence when being sung.  Perhaps he could practise the names of our team and practise the countdown.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Thank you Harv!

Welcome to the forums.... and YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

This is so blatantly true!!

Something to energise us and unite us right from the outset. :xnod:

PS I see you aren't new- but have only started posting??

6 hours ago, JayZko said:

Unless your standing up front in the rbb it’s the worst thing ive ever seen

side on its like watching a gymnastics meet from a distance can’t even tell if your watching football or cricket 

You probably need to be in the upper tiers.

It's distant and hard to feel engaged ....but not toooooooooooooooo bad up there.

I can't imagine how bad it must be in the lower seating areas.

15 hours ago, Paul01 said:

I agree. I've sat in different areas at spotless. It's not that bad. 

9 hours ago, wendybr said:

You probably need to be in the upper tiers.

It's distant and hard to feel engaged ....but not toooooooooooooooo bad up there.

I can't imagine how bad it must be in the lower seating areas.

We sit in the lower area next to the RBB - crap viewing, but good atmosphere.

9 hours ago, Harv said:

We don’t need a walk out song. Playing a song over a PA isn’t atmosphere.

That said when I was back in UK at Goodison, soon as they played Z Cars I had goose bumps. But they have been playing that before games since 60s. 

I guess you have to start somewhere 

Anyhow a walk out (no matter how good) won’t fix spotless. It’s a an Aussie rules ground not suitable for football.

That said I’d still like to see it full for a big game, but as we move the big games to ANZ we probably won’t 

10 hours ago, Harv said:

Both of these im seeing in the south eastern corner.   Having moved from the other end last year where it was like mars with its lack of atmosphere, its good to have these things back. 

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

That said when I was back in UK at Goodison, soon as they played Z Cars I had goose bumps. But they have been playing that before games since 60s. 

Anyhow a walk out (no matter how good) won’t fix spotless. It’s a an Aussie rules ground not suitable for football.

That said I’d still like to see it full for a big game, but as we move the big games to ANZ we probably won’t 

its a cricket ground. there's no such thing as an aussie rules ground.

2 hours ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

its a cricket ground. there's no such thing as an aussie rules ground.

Actually it is a Showground for animals at the Royal Easter Show.

So, it was first the baseball ground for the Sydney Olympics. 

Then it was converted to the Showground

Then they added seats all round for BBL and AFL  (after the Manuka Midgets vacated Rooty Hill)

9 hours ago, FCB said:

The crap food at Pirtek didn't spoil the football experience there for me. 

The food at Spotless doesn't make the ground any more football friendly. Besides, if I want to have a nice kebab I'll go to a kebab shop, not Spotless. 

SpeAking of food 

Can’t be worse then that snitzel place down the northern end At spotless never ate cardboard on a roll with no lettuce no sauce no butter on the roll with strange watery gravy that I didn’t ask for at Piretek 

Edited by JayZko
4 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Actually it is a Showground for animals at the Royal Easter Show.

So, it was first the baseball ground for the Sydney Olympics. 

Then it was converted to the Showground

Then they added seats all round for BBL and AFL  (after the Manuka Midgets vacated Rooty Hill)

Afl I don’t get it’s like watching lawn bowls stupid Aussies we could of converted it into a stadium for a 2nd Western Sydney team then we could have a real derby

14 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Walk out song is to get the crowd engaged from the start, not just listening to some tune being played over a PA.  But you are right about Spotless.  Even with the crowd of 12K engaged, any atmosphere would be lost in the expanse of the stadium.  However, as youalso  state, we have to start somewhere.

Harv,

Have long campaigned to get a walkout song going. The club tried random music and then we tried glorious. With PA, random FA approved family friendly music turned off, glorious through the PA, nothing but just didn’t work.

Came down to people not really wanting to be involved. It took significant public groundswell amongst our supporter base to get to a point but it didn’t work.

Time to bury it away and bring it up again when some new thoughts and ideas are brought to the table.

6 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Harv,

Have long campaigned to get a walkout song going. The club tried random music and then we tried glorious. With PA, random FA approved family friendly music turned off, glorious through the PA, nothing but just didn’t work.

Came down to people not really wanting to be involved. It took significant public groundswell amongst our supporter base to get to a point but it didn’t work.

Time to bury it away and bring it up again when some new thoughts and ideas are brought to the table.

I disagree that it should be buried away (if you mean a walk out song, that is).

I think the club should try different songs for a couple of weeks in a row, and see if there's a reaction...ie if people join in....although at Soulless, I find it hard to imagine.

Might end up being at the new stadium that it will be a viable proposition. :(

:P Ha.....

Well I seriously doubt that Prydz and I (who have gone on about it more than any others here, I think) are going to make anything happen!  :lol: :lol:

But I think we lose out by continuing to go in the way we have gone...without something to kick start the energy.

I hope you're wrong...time will tell.

Mack, I disagree with the thinking that it should happen organically because if we all wait twiddling our thumbs, nothing will happen

Wendy, playing songs is counterintuitive, especially when we need the RBB behind it. Playing songs and blasting bleh over the PA is a no-no in my books.

In my eyes, at some point I hope that the club and RBB get together at some point deciding that enough is enough. They are the two main catalysts but whether we can get the stands involved is just a whole other battle.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic