Squad Development 2017/18 Part 2

53 minutes ago, FCWanderers said:

I was referring to their claim of him not being in the matchday squad. As mentioned, it was because he was suspended. But Goal won't tell readers that.

2 hours ago, mack said:

Clisby ain't a central defender. Herd or the young boy Tass who debuted in Wellington.

Did I dream it but I think Clisby played centre back for Melbourne City against us and based on that you are quite right he can’t play centre back.

besides if risdon is still out then Clisby is playing left back

With Hammil out and aspro away not a lot of choice I’m guessing he’ll play Herd there.

Wasnt Roly a centre back in Holland? Come on gombau do it total football 

1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

Did I dream it but I think Clisby played centre back for Melbourne City against us and based on that you are quite right he can’t play centre back.

besides if risdon is still out then Clisby is playing left back

With Hammil out and aspro away not a lot of choice I’m guessing he’ll play Herd there.

Jordan Hall or Tass M from the youth team are both ball-playing centrebacks. Both better than Clisby. Wonder who Taurus rates better?

Anyhow play aspro and Thwaite until the end of season with Hammil as back up 

Add the salary cap allocation onto what ever is left in the kitty (post Jumpy) to get best winger that we can afford 

we don’t have any acl, short sprint to the finals we should point all money at a decent starting XI (Arnold stylee) 

This football managing thing is easy isn’t it 

4 minutes ago, tardotz said:

These are dark times. If the captain left in Jan 3 or 4 years ago this forum would have been in meltdown. This time around it's more of oh well another one leaves.

It's part of "the process". At least we don't have players training on their own. But overall S6 feels as bad as S3. Add the SOP experience and it gets downright depressing. 

4 minutes ago, tardotz said:

These are dark times. If the captain left in Jan 3 or 4 years ago this forum would have been in meltdown. This time around it's more of oh well another one leaves.

Yeah but it's a new coach and we're not playing well.

It'd be a different story if players left the coach who signed them in the middle of a season where we could win. We're gonna have more turnover before things settle down.

Despite what they say, this season is a write-off. We might as well promote that kid that got game time on Wednesday and give him some experience before next year. 

57 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

LOL he can't even hold on to the ball well enough for a midfielder! Roly is attacking third only. He's decent enough as a non visa winger or versatile attacker, that's it.

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Anyhow play aspro and Thwaite until the end of season with Hammil as back up 

Add the salary cap allocation onto what ever is left in the kitty (post Jumpy) to get best winger that we can afford 

we don’t have any acl, short sprint to the finals we should point all money at a decent starting XI (Arnold stylee) 

This football managing thing is easy isn’t it 

Surely you are taking the piss.

From that list the only players I'd consider if I were Gombau are McGowan, Tongyik & Elsey.

Curtis Good I don't know, he hasn't played a competitive league fixture since 28/2/2014 which is basically four years ago way back in season 2013/14. How do you even start to consider his ability now? I would probably call his agent at least. He couldn't hurt if we can pick him up for minimum wages, his contract expires at the end of this season I highly doubt Newcastle even care about him.

10 minutes ago, mack said:

From that list the only players I'd consider if I were Gombau are McGowan, Tongyik & Elsey.

Curtis Good I don't know, he hasn't played a competitive league fixture since 28/2/2014 which is basically four years ago way back in season 2013/14. How do you even start to consider his ability now? I would probably call his agent at least. He couldn't hurt if we can pick him up for minimum wages, his contract expires at the end of this season I highly doubt Newcastle even care about him.

Good has played 3 Premier League 2 games and 2 EFL Cup games for Newcastle United this season. 

Last season it was  14 Premier League 2 games and 1 FA Cup game.

He is a left footer.

2 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Good has played 3 Premier League 2 games and 2 EFL Cup games for Newcastle United this season. 

Last season it was  14 Premier League 2 games and 1 FA Cup game.

He is a left footer.

no, no he has not. 

newcastle also weren’t in PL last season.

• mack unpinned this topic