Aaron Mooy

mack

He's a westie, so he's bred tough.Should be fine for the derby. Where he will get an assist of a free kick.

I have to say that Wellington were using some rugby tactics in the first half.

Hoping he recovers from the knock alright - he was out before he hit the ground and seemed to show the 'fencing response' to a small degree.

With any luck, he just needs some rest, but it's reasonable to think he may miss next weeks game. I don't know too much about physiology or sports science so hopefully someone else can enlighten us a bit more.

Having suffered an injury similar (albeit mine was far worse...  hospitalization and 6-months no physical contact), I wouldn't expect him to play next week. No doubt he will have scans today/tomorrow, but given it's clearly a concussion there is no need to take any risks.

Mooy had the best game of his carrerr at the Wanderers last night, the way he directed play, and his passing going forward and switching play was world class..well done after nearly killing yourself two weeks ago..

He played some great stuff at the beginning and the end of the game but went missing either side of half time.....but then again most of the team went missing in that period. Credit to Aaron and the rest of the boys though for turning it around after they had gone 1-0 down.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/aaron-mooy-set-to-leave-western-sydney-wanderers-20140111-30noi.html

Western Sydney Wanderers were poised to lose one of their best players with news star midfielder Aaron Mooy was set to join a rival A-League team. 

The 23-year-old has fielded interest from overseas clubs but Fairfax Media understands he will remain in Australia – although, it was not clear which club he had agreed to join – to push for a place in Ange Postecoglou’s World Cup squad.  

What would be in it for him to leave....? He's not got a better chance of making the squad at any other club except Brisbane.... **** maybe he's going to Brisbane. Then we'd really be ****ed.