Dino Kresinger

mack

Is he going to sign up for another year?

I think the real question is the football department (or Popa, depending on who exactly controls that) going to offer him another year?

Ahh that's true, he's a much better impact player but I don't think he will sign up for half game time?

I love the fact that everyone is behind Dino now and you can see the increased confidence that he is playing with and the fact that he wears his heart on his sleeve. I am still a little worried heading into the finals at his lack of goals though. The team is winning and his is playing his part in that. Finals football however is a different monster and in a potentially tight and close fought finals game where one goal might be the difference, is Dino really going to be that difference?

Dino is our target man. The goals are flowing still from the likes of Bridge, Hersi and Ono alot of the time as a result of Dino holding possesion and giving our players the chance to start attacks with the opposition on the back foot.

My point is, we are performing well with a good formula, an Dino is a part of that.

What dino needs to tweak is some of his forward an diagonal runs. A few times we woild be able to add to the scoresheet if he ran a better line for crosses, heed ha e a few tap ins even he couldnt miss.

At the end of the day he is important to the squad and a great club man at the moment. If we loose him and we can find another striker who can offer the same work rate and target up front with added mobility and fimishing id be all for it.

Id prefer to have both in the squad tho.

Babalj woul have been perfect for us to challenge.

Edited by DeeDee

Just created a signature with Dino featuring on it ... GO DINO!!

I can sense the man love lol

ahahahahahahahahah ... nah look people have a bitch because he isnt Alessandro Dive Piero ... oh wait Del Piero .... ahahaaha

I think he is great, workrate is amazing and great with the fans .. and i see him improving with every passing game so yea i could be considered a fan boy!

ahahahahahahahahah ... nah look people have a bitch because he isnt Alessandro Dive Piero ... oh wait Del Piero .... ahahaaha

I think he is great, workrate is amazing and great with the fans .. and i see him improving with every passing game so yea i could be considered a fan boy!

I like him a lot as well. It's hard to not like a player that gives it his all every week and as you said improving every game.  The difference between him and Del Piero is that you can see that Dino loves the club and will play for us fans which i cannot really say the same about Del Piero.

Any player that plays for us needs to have the same attitude that Dino and rest of our current squad has.

Edited by Jarosz213

I like him a lot as well. It's hard to not like a player that gives it his all every week and as you said improving every game.  The difference between him and Del Piero is that you can see that Dino loves the club and will play for us fans which i cannot really say the same about Del Piero.

Any player that plays for us needs to have the same attitude that Dino and rest of our current squad has.

Couldnt agree more, when he celebrates he does so with the fans when Dive Piero celebrates its by himself and the fans get no recognition!

Couldnt agree more, when he celebrates he does so with the fans when Dive Piero celebrates its by himself and the fans get no recognition!

Not to mention that he always gives us a little fist pump when we chant his name

I think Dino must be personally frustrated he isnt scoring, because lets face it, strikers want to score goals.

But he needn't fear, we all know what he brings on game day. We are an educated football bunch and if you cant see all the qualities

Dino brings your not watching the same game. For those who haven't played as a single striker you have no idea the pain that Dino

goes through, chasing those lost cause balls. Closing down the defenders, pressuring  the goalkeepers, copping those elbows to the head and back. Shirt tugged at every opportunity. He is a big guy and hard to stop, doesn't get any benefit of the doubt calls. Frees up space for the likes of Bridge, Hersi and Ono as he is attracting more than one defender. So while the likes of Bridge, Hersi and Ono are scoring goals in nice acres of space, have a look at how hard Dino works and why its happening. He was very unlucky not to score on the weekend with two terrific headers in the match that just went past the post.

Edited by Jukes01

I think Dino must be personally frustrated he isnt scoring, because lets face it, strikers want to score goals.

But he needn't fear, we all know what he brings on game day. We are an educated football bunch and if you cant see all the qualities

Dino brings your not watching the same game. For those who have played as a single striker you have no idea the pain that Dino

goes through, chasing those lost cause balls. Closing down the defenders, pressuring  the goalkeepers, copping those elbows to the head and back. Shirt tugged at every opportunity. He is a big guy and hard to stop, doesn't get any benefit of the doubt calls. Frees up space for the likes of Bridge, Hersi and Ono as he is attracting more than one defender. So while the likes of Bridge, Hersi and Ono are scoring goals in nice acres of space, have a look at how hard Dino works and why its happening. He was very unlucky not to score on the weekend with two terrific headers in the match that just went past the post.

Excellent. Honestly haven't read such a refreshing post in a long time. 

I've noticed that Dino has been quite frustrated at times. Given a miss-hit cross or spurned opportunity, he often shows obvious frustration. Though, his value is not measured in goals. That's precisely why I get so upset when I hear people who don't know the difference between a football and a testi*cle go off on a tangent about how Kresinger is poor. F*** that. 

We FINALLY got two beautiful balls into him in the air and he absolutely powered them (albeit off target).

It's obvious we don't really play to his strengths but he's always making the right run and is always chasing down defenders.

If we can find him more in the air in attacking positions....who knows....

I love dino. He is the people's player. It's clear he loves the club and the club and fans love him. He gives 110% every game. Never stops running and always playing for the team and not his personal glory. His speed and technical ability aren't quiet up there with the rest of the team but compensates for that with his work load. I think he will be a regular starter into the finals and would want anyone else in his position at the moment. When he scores a goal again I think the north terrace at wanderland will collapse lol. I'll be doing my part

Target mans jobs isnt to score. popa wont be worried about his lack of goals.

However, i do have a slightly problem with him as a player, without trying to bag one of our own.

As a target man, his job is to take pressure off the defence by giving the defense a long ball option. With a player like TS at the back, who is great with the long ball, a man like Dino would fit in perfectly. However, once the long ball has been played, he should then be holding it up as the deeper players flood the space in attack. And here lies the problem. I think Dino tries the flick far too often, and doesnt hold the ball up enough for his support players to arrive. This often means the defense then is right back on the attack again. WSW's strength is our organised defense, and our well organised structure, Classic popa (having been a defender), which means we dont get scored on as a result and can soak up pressure. However it does mean a little nervousness, especially when the score is 2-0 (a very dangerous scoreline) and i am sure some of you felt it in melbourne that night.

My advise to Dino would be to not worry about goals, come slightly deeper if you need to enough so he can control the long ball, and wait for the nipper players around him (purposely put there) to take advantage of his height as strength, to put others in attacking position.

He should never be criticised for not scoring goals, that is not his job as a target man. However, he should be told to hold the ball longer.

Its no surprise to me that guys like Bridge, Ono and Hersi capitalise in terms of goals and assists with a guy like Dino in the team. However, they would be even more effective if Dino played his role a little more to the letter of the target man law rather then worry about those saying he should be scoring.

Here's a story from TWG focusing on Dino but with some others in the spotlight:

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1141224/Kresinger-%27playing-for-contract%27

I would suggest that Dino will stay but not too sure about Tarek Elrich nor Rocky Visconte. The former was important particularly as a media focus until Polenz turned up and dominated the RB position, whilst Visconte seems to be insurance for Minnecon. If Minnecon can get fit Visconte would probably be excess to needs. If Minnecon can't recover for 2013/14 then perhaps he's back in the fold.

I have to tell you I am fan of Dino's, he might not be scoring goals, but his workrate is 1st class and I think the team functions better with him in the team than if he wasn't starting. Just because I am a fan doesn't mean I wont look at ways of improving the squad and if that means we can find a better striker then of course we have to look at them. We also have to realise that if we dont sign players up and they are worried about their futures then they can quite easily go to another club as well. This is a two way street and it works both ways.

Right now the way Popa has them playing we use a lone striker who can hold up the ball and who can give us goals. If I can be devils advocate and name one player right now who fits that mould better than Dino and is playing in the HAL. It would be Eli Babalj. He is younger, quicker, taller, great target man and can score goals as well. Not sure if he signed up to the heart for a good length of time but thats who I would be going after if I cant have Dino. Would be a great signing for the club.

Edited by Jukes01

looks like all dino needs is to put away a few more goals to secure his contract renewal. The team is well oiled Dino holds up the ball well but Id love to see him with a bit more aerial power especially in the box, with his height and strength the headers should be going in more.

This is what I posted on 442 about it:

Maybe replace Kresinger with Kewell next season.

We could have him now if Kewell wanted to play. :lol:

Dino

He is a striker who can't score. It's that simple. There will be a worldwide search for a better player. May win a contract because we have 1 squad slot still to be filled' date=' [i']and[/i] an extra un-used foreign slot for next season.
Jerrad Tyson

This will end up being Ron Corry's call. Then again, he's a backup keeper in a league with an abundance of talent in the position (plus you can always call up Nash in case of an injury), so they could easily make him wait until the last second of the season and he'll still sign.
defender Tarek Elrich

I've heard rumours he's on the outer, it'd be tough on him if he isn't picked up again, but he's a backup who hasn't impressed in his 6 apps.
Jason Trifiro

Decent contribution to the team without being outstanding, and got himself red carded in one match.
Rocky Visconte & Tahj Minnecon.

Arguably fighting for one position. Tahj at a huge disadvantage because he's hurt badly. Rocky will have to impress in the youth team and in training, it is unlikely he will have much of a chance. He could figure in the finals due to having 5 subs.

Edited by macktheknife: 18/2/2013 02:18:21 PM

Would be a massive boost if we could get Dino scoring more regularly for the run in and finals. Could make all the difference. But I think for next season we do need to be looking to bring in a better striker (and hopefully keep Dino as well) as much as I love Dino and how he is an important part to our system, this team can easily go up another gear or two with a better forward.

Dino brings your not watching the same game. For those who haven't played as a single striker you have no idea the pain that Dino

If I had a dollar for everytime he had forced the keeper to kick the ball wayward then I would be quite rich now.

He is doing the exact job required of him and if he happens to score a few well thats a bonus............I have no doubt we have the best target man in the league and he has fitted into the style really well.

Target mans jobs isnt to score. popa wont be worried about his lack of goals.

However, i do have a slightly problem with him as a player, without trying to bag one of our own.

As a target man, his job is to take pressure off the defence by giving the defense a long ball option. With a player like TS at the back, who is great with the long ball, a man like Dino would fit in perfectly. However, once the long ball has been played, he should then be holding it up as the deeper players flood the space in attack. And here lies the problem. I think Dino tries the flick far too often, and doesnt hold the ball up enough for his support players to arrive. This often means the defense then is right back on the attack again. WSW's strength is our organised defense, and our well organised structure, Classic popa (having been a defender), which means we dont get scored on as a result and can soak up pressure. However it does mean a little nervousness, especially when the score is 2-0 (a very dangerous scoreline) and i am sure some of you felt it in melbourne that night.

My advise to Dino would be to not worry about goals, come slightly deeper if you need to enough so he can control the long ball, and wait for the nipper players around him (purposely put there) to take advantage of his height as strength, to put others in attacking position.

He should never be criticised for not scoring goals, that is not his job as a target man. However, he should be told to hold the ball longer.

Its no surprise to me that guys like Bridge, Ono and Hersi capitalise in terms of goals and assists with a guy like Dino in the team. However, they would be even more effective if Dino played his role a little more to the letter of the target man law rather then worry about those saying he should be scoring.

You mentioned that you wish he would play the flick a lot less............the flick is actually important because it keeps the defence guessing as to what he is going to do.............the last thing a defence wants would be a big man like that getting in behind them. By playing some flicks he creates uncertainty stopping defenders getting to close which then allows him to play with a little more freedom. He also creates problems for defenders when he does not actually get to the ball, his sheer size and presence forces many a poor quality headed clearance which our mf can then pick up on.

With Dino, its important to see the big picture of whats happenning and not just focus on him.

A final word is to provide an example of the difficulties lone strikers have in scoring...........McBreen..........loan striker last year and scored hardly ever while this year is loving the twin striker setup in terms of scoring but CC play differently to us and the way he is suits us perfectly.