Shannon Cole

mack

• 2 months later...

Should be picked ahead of Lustica and will offer more than him, come on Popa pick him to play already.

Nope. Lustica is a definite Shannon upgrade. Better dribbler, more spacially aware, hits a dead-ball just as well and is stronger on the ball.

Lustica might be better on the ball than shannon - but shannon is a far better wide player. Lustica needs to be central imo.

Should be picked ahead of Lustica and will offer more than him, come on Popa pick him to play already.

Nope. Lustica is a definite Shannon upgrade. Better dribbler, more spacially aware, hits a dead-ball just as well and is stronger on the ball.

Lustica might be better on the ball than shannon - but shannon is a far better wide player. Lustica needs to be central imo.

Shannon's movement and energy create space for his teammates, especially late in the game. Lustica is solid. I can see the argument for starting Lustica ahead of Shannon, but if neither of them start and you have a central midfielder on the bench I think Shannon has more value when the opposition is tiring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
5 hours ago, mack said:

He's joined FC Arizona in the United States National Premier Soccer League (3rd or 4th tier competition in the USA).

To get play or coach? After the ACL his time with us was characterized by continuous injury issues. I wonder if he has taken a year or so (18 months) to get his body right to play again? 34 is a strange age to give overseas a go.

When people talk about the leadership team, he might not have been front & center but was a part of the heart & soul of the club.