Antony Golec

mack

the beard has gone, but his superpowers remain.

interesting.

I swear he had a beard at the start of the game...

Anyways, we should sign him long term. Replacement for D'appuzo at LB and provides good cover at cb

Yes and we finally have a left footed CB to give topor a rest every now and then! Don't know if he played better than d'apuzzo (form in the last few weeks has been pretty good despite my ranting on him) although we don't know how much he will take up of the cap? Would he replace heff?

Mullen, Spira, Topor and Golec will be an outstanding looking defence next season. Alessi, Beauchamp and Heffernan as back ups. You could pretty much rotate as often as you wanted with that defence. I have never seen our defence look so solid in that Ulsan game.

He is down like a clown. Your move, Popovic.

HE was signed exclusively for the Asian Champions League campaign, but Wanderers defender Antony Golec is playing his way toward a longer-term contract at the Western Sydney club.

The 23-year-old has been involved in four of the Wanderers’ five ACL games and has been part of an impressive backline that has conceded just four goals during the club’s inaugural campaign so far.

While he is yet to discuss his future at the club with coach Tony Popovic, Golec says the feedback has been positive.“In regards to my playing he (Popovic) is happy, but I know there are still a lot of things I need to improve,†Golec said. “I’m never going to say after a game that I played a perfect game, there are always things you can look to improve.

So I’ll just take each day as it comes and hopefully at the end of the campaign I will have done enough to secure a contract.†Golec, who was born in Western Sydney, signed with the Wanderers in February after being released by Adelaide United. He has relished the opportunity to work under Popovic and alongside experienced central defenders Matthew Spiranovic, Michael Beauchamp and Nikolai Topor-Stanley.

He believes there is no better club for him to further develop his skills at and is hopeful of securing a longer stay.

“I love it here — it’s my home town and it feels good to be back,†he said. “I just want to be here and I want to be the best I can be. “I know this is the club to be at and I know Tony Popovic can help me a lot and the boys as well. It’s an incentive for me to work hard because I know that if I do, something will eventuate from that, but until then I’m just taking each day as it comes.â€

Click Here for Full Article

MOD NOTE: Added Article as a Quote,