Kerem Bulut

mack

I remember him playing for the (now defunct) Western Raiders Futsal Club in the State?/Premier? League U/14s. Absolute gun player who scored goals for fun even though he was not a classic Futsal player. From memory there was little parental support and his coaches had to ferry him everywhere. Yeah he's fallen in with he wrong crowd etc but I'd love to see him make a go of it with the Wanderers.

It's pretty simple what Popa would have said to him: "If you **** up, any chance of a professional career in a decent league, either here or overseas, is gone".

Bulut has essentially signed a 6 possibly 8 match contract, which would expire on May 31st.

He's got 4 - 5 months to prove his worth, both on & off the park.

WSWanderersFC = Community club. EOS

If we worried about what the outside world thinks we'd have Harry Kewell and Richard Garcia on our books and contending our third straight wooden spoon (no disrespect to Heart/City fans)

if we had signed him I would probably have been banned from parra stadium by now so probably for the best.  :woah:

It's pretty simple what Popa would have said to him: "If you **** up, any chance of a professional career in a decent league, either here or overseas, is gone".

Bulut has essentially signed a 6 possibly 8 match contract, which would expire on May 31st.

He's got 4 - 5 months to prove his worth, both on & off the park.

WSWanderersFC = Community club. EOS

and i'm sure there is a clause in the contract that says if you do the wrong thing or have a poor attitude = bye. to me its a pretty low risk move - short term as taurus says and a big upside if he can reproduce that young socceroos form (where he looked better than say taggart at the same age) then he could make a huge difference especially with us being so goal shy this year.

don't ask me how I know this, but the goat looks exactly the same with his shirt off.

maybe its because you did all my tats, also sometimes i just randomly show up to your house shirtless, its what i do

Does he have a cool dungeon?

no that is just me :P

in all seriousness i think Bulut will be an amazing signing if he can get his head right, the talent is definitely there

just in general what are the kind of things that you look for?

is it just swearing in general, poor grammar, talking about crap etc..

nothing in particular, when you have 10 CV's and only time to interview 3 you want the best 3 to avoid wasting my time and the applicants, its just another way to cull the pack down. If I see a CV I like and look at the guys social profile and see a family man that's a tick for me, if I see pictures of the someone legless every weekend or a pic of a guy in the back of a car with the caption "heading to court" and then all his mates saying "yeah bro hope you get off your assault charge" then his CV is in the bin. I don't care about grammar and swearing, it is social media after all.

On the other hand say your hiring for a position that requires a lot of OT, you look up the guys social profile and he has a young family, where as another has "single" listed as his relationship status, I bet most recruiters would put the resume forward for the single guy as the guy with the family would be too much hassle, ( I haven't done this but have known this to be true).

The posts are 2-3 years old. Dont judge the guy based on his past. He deserves a chance, popa has given him that chance and we need to support him like we do the rest of our players. Posting troll bait like this doesnt help his or our cause.

I disagree. he should be judged on his past - because according to twitter, this guy is the only person ever to **** up as a teenager.

First thing I do for any potential candidate at work is look up their social media history, if the guy looks like a f#ck wit they don't even get an interview, Looking at Bulut's history his CV would be in the rubbish bin pronto, you just done need attitude like that around a tight knit team, im all for supporting the team but this guys seems like an A-grade asshole, if it wasn't for football he would be working the drive through at Auburn Maccas, or in Jail.

Risky strategy unless you document the reasons why the things you don't like about a social media profile are relevant to the position e.g. http://www.lawyersweekly.com.au/lawyer2b/social-decisions-a-recruitment-risk

Sure, most people will never know the reason, but I'll bet most of the reasons we take a dislike to someone's social media presence would fall under the various discrimination rules - politics and religion being the big ones. Don't forget that the onus is on the employer to prove it was relevant, not the complainant.

You're probably making the right judgement calls anyway, but like most things in life, you don't realise how important the paperwork is until you are caught short without it.

you're probably right, but like you said nobody will ever know and as long as someone gets hired the problem is solved. Its a shallow world out there, if someone can come up with a reason not to like you that's all that's needed.

Edited by Vukie

If we worried about what the outside world thinks we'd have Harry Kewell and Richard Garcia on our books and contending our third straight wooden spoon (no disrespect to Heart/City fans)

Yeah but on the flip side the public would like us a lot more 

0tgF5Dx.gif?1

ah, Michael Fassbender  :wub:

Great interview, he's said the right things about what he needs to do and understanding culture of our club.

Playing in front of his family and friends, and especially Popa, he has a lot to prove and there is no room for him to muck around.

I Love that Western Sydney Accent.

There couldn't be a better Westie stereotype than him.

"ya know", "ya know".. :rofl:

Edited by wanderersfanatic
  • 2 weeks later...

maybe not. when I signed Thierry henry in fifa 15 he automatically took appiah's number #14 - who then got given another random number.

It was rumoured on here that he was on his way out, frozen out of the youth team too (despite the 200% not true reply to Mack's Twitter post). I think we can safely say he is gone!

Also, this does not make sense. Firstly, are we talking about the aleague squad or the ACL squad? ACL I can understand but aleague means it becomes complicated. Secondly, Baccus was signed to the first team, so makes someone needs to make way in order for him to be signed.