Jonathan Aspropotamitis

mack

Spoke with Jonathan on Friday (he was doing a session with the rest of the boys left out of the squad for fridays game on the training field next to the weekly clinic my kids attend). Well spoken, plenty of time for the kids, seemed stoked to be playing with the guys he was with. 

How do you even recognise someone you've seen only once? Unless you've known this kid from before it would be pretty hard to recognise him. If he came up to me and he said he played for WSW I'll probably tell him to piss off and stop lying, I'm a fan and I've never seen his face. I remember for Christmas I was at Stanwell Park and Kuzi was there, but unless one of my cousins told me who he was I would've never recognised him as a player for my team. Maybe I'm just bad with faces though!

He'd only played in front of me on wednesday, and I payed particular attention to him as I had never heard of him before. I thought he was impressive. Then 2 days later he was running around on the park with Tomi, Ruka, Yojiro, gol gol, Marty Lo and 3 others (who i didn't recognise) being coached by Ian Crook and Hayden Foxe + the fitness coach and 1 or two others in official WSW gear was a hint he was a player. Plus at the end of the clinic he came over and got introduced to the kids. 

I'm pretty confident i'd recognise anyone who has played for our first team at wanderland. But we sit just down from the bench, they warm up right in front of us in bay 49 and they wear names on their shirts and high 5 my kids at the end of the game. All these factors add up to being recognisable by me. 

Spoke with Jonathan on Friday (he was doing a session with the rest of the boys left out of the squad for fridays game on the training field next to the weekly clinic my kids attend). Well spoken, plenty of time for the kids, seemed stoked to be playing with the guys he was with. 

How do you even recognise someone you've seen only once? Unless you've known this kid from before it would be pretty hard to recognise him. If he came up to me and he said he played for WSW I'll probably tell him to piss off and stop lying, I'm a fan and I've never seen his face. I remember for Christmas I was at Stanwell Park and Kuzi was there, but unless one of my cousins told me who he was I would've never recognised him as a player for my team. Maybe I'm just bad with faces though!

He'd only played in front of me on wednesday, and I payed particular attention to him as I had never heard of him before. I thought he was impressive. Then 2 days later he was running around on the park with Tomi, Ruka, Yojiro, gol gol, Marty Lo and 3 others (who i didn't recognise) being coached by Ian Crook and Hayden Foxe + the fitness coach and 1 or two others in official WSW gear was a hint he was a player. Plus at the end of the clinic he came over and got introduced to the kids. 

I'm pretty confident i'd recognise anyone who has played for our first team at wanderland. But we sit just down from the bench, they warm up right in front of us in bay 49 and they wear names on their shirts and high 5 my kids at the end of the game. All these factors add up to being recognisable by me. 

Yeah that makes sense then. The only faces I ever see are those of Covic and the opposition team's keeper. Oh, and Bulut after his second goal at the derby :)

• 4 weeks later...

Aspro is a talent, no doubt.

This guy stands his ground and is solid in defense. 

We need to sign him long term now.

When NTS, La Rocca and Covic didnt put their arm on your shoulder when you unfortunately scored an own goal....dont worry we all had your back brother..

Yep all class. Man only 17 - WOW. So good on the ball. And he has an incredible ability to time one-on-one tackles  - he really pays attention to the dribble and comes forward into the tackle superbly just after the ball has left the attackers feet.

One of the best talents I've seen for a while. If Spira doesn't leave in the offseason, our Captain might find himself on the bench...

• 3 weeks later...

Whilst I'm mightily impressed with his work on the ground and his composure I do feel that he needs significant improvement in the area of heading, so hopefully the club can correct this aspect of his game. I always remember the story about the great Brian Clough when he or his scouts were assessing a potential new player and his edict was always 'can he head the ball' !!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Better start saving now for his name on the back of kit for next season...How much is it a letter?   :ninja:

Great prospect and well deserved, I would rather have locked him up for a few years but we know Popa's stance on anything more than a season contract.

This guy is as cool as a cucumber at the back, great characteristic for his age. He reminds me a hell of a lot of a young Paul Okon.

• 5 months later...

Whilst I'm mightily impressed with his work on the ground and his composure I do feel that he needs significant improvement in the area of heading, so hopefully the club can correct this aspect of his game. I always remember the story about the great Brian Clough when he or his scouts were assessing a potential new player and his edict was always 'can he head the ball' !!

Looking at his cameo appearance last Sunday it appears that the club have certainly been working on this aspect of his game.