Australian National & Youth Teams Discussion V2

No F...wit Grant in the National Team

SYDNEY FC right back Rhyan Grant’s international career is on hold after he was cut by the Socceroos for the squad to play Saudi Arabia, Brazil and at the Confederations Cup.

It is understood Grant has joined some of his teammates on a post-season holiday to Las Vegas after being told he had not made the cut when Ange Postecoglou reduced his initial 30-man squad by seven players in the past couple of days.

17 minutes ago, mack said:

Did he only name two keepers?

No. He had 4 in the squad so the usual inclusions of Ryan and Langerak. Vukovic kept in the 23.

Pretty sure that all squads for WCQ and fifa tournaments have to have 3 gk.

Edited by Paul01
Added info
30 minutes ago, Stokz said:

How does Kruse get selected???? 

Played like 10 games in 2 years.

Hasn't played in months now. 

Pretty sure he got a start in the last few weeks.

The question to ask is

Does postecoglou pick favourites (in the past eg McKay)? Kruse may have been in one of the current coaches junior National Teams.

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Pretty sure he got a start in the last few weeks.

The question to ask is

Does postecoglou pick favourites (in the past eg McKay)? Kruse may have been in one of the current coaches junior National Teams.

4 games since Jan in the ******* Chinese league after not playing for months before that.

Ange's quote that he will only pick players who are playing regularly is biting him in the ass.

Edited by Stokz
4 hours ago, Paul01 said:

No. He had 4 in the squad so the usual inclusions of Ryan and Langerak. Vukovic kept in the 23.

Pretty sure that all squads for WCQ and fifa tournaments have to have 3 gk.

I re-read the list and found Langerak this time.

Kruse is one of Ange's favourites. Just like McKay.

Kruse gets selected because there isn't much else

his selection gives a good indication of where we are at 

luckily we still have 12 months should we qualify so hopefully someone can emerge as alternative in these wide attacking areas 

as if stands we have mooy and rogic who regularly play and are of international standard 

sainsbury needs to get out of inter this window be great if he stayed in Italy and went to a lower 1sr tier team 

wtf is with spira he's going back to the abyss 

3 minutes ago, luisenrique said:

He's been a better coach than I thought he would be, but what a **** to have representing our national team. It does seem to be becoming a bit of a Melbourne and bit of Brisbane Roar boys club.

With the Arsenal games for the Sydney teams in July, no coach from would want to be away with preparing for a game against an EPL team 

Leaving tomorrow for my road trip to Adelaide for the Socceroos vs Saudi match (well, thats my excuse lol). Looking forward to hopefully seeing a win, and whilst I know how ordinary the venue is for watching football, where I'm situated is pretty decent(up high in the eastern stands near the video screen).

Tracking along with 7 members of the (extended) family and even lending out a few shirts from my Socceroos collection. Course I'm keeping the Vomit shirt.

2 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Wow

What does "waiting in a line of green and blues" even mean?

The one saving grace of this is that at least they have done SOMETHING. Where is the FFA marketing?? Must-win game, and we hear... absolutely nothing.

Marketing budget = David Gallop bonus. 

yep...I think on the main channel ...9 is NRL.On Gem i think it's the 34th repeat of Midsommer Murders......or something similar...and the National Football Team trying to qualify for a World Cup only gets a go on Go..! Pretty much sums up what the MSM thinks of our sport.

4 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Game day lads what are was expecting to see Irvine, rogic and mooy all together? 

Been the form plays also interested to see  if vision boy starts it's been a while since he has got a run from start 

looking forward to a tense struggle don't see this being easy at all 

I reckon the starting XI wiil be

.....................Ryan

Degenek, Sainsbury, Wright

.............Jedinek, Irvine

Leckie, Mooy, Rogic, Smith

..................Juric

10 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

looking forward to a tense struggle don't see this being easy at all 

I know this Saudi team is meant to be a good one, but they've still only beaten Thailand away from home in this campaign. 

If we play the stupid 3 at the back and they choose to attack us, I'm not confident we'll have a clean sheet. If they sit back and let us play, we could dominate the entire game and give them a bit of a touch-up I reckon.

I'll plump for 3-1.