Around the Bloc S04E07: Red and Black Friday

Around the Bloc S04E07: Red and Black Friday

Technical difficulties didn’t stop the podcast tonight, just like City, Victory and Mariners couldn’t stop the A, W, and Y league teams on the weekend. With less controversy than a marquee striker’s first goal, but more excitement than his celebration, this is Around the Bloc.

Thanks to Caminito Food Truck for sponsoring this week’s episode!

facebook.com/caminitochorizoalpan

twitter.com/Caminito_Truck

sydneyfoodtrucks.com.au/trucks/caminito

On iTunes or your podcast app or on our website here:

http://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/s04e07-red-and-black-friday/

Around The Bloc on Facebook

Around The Bloc on Twitter

Great as always. Loved the point about Pio drawing defenders to the near post in order to open up the far post for Nichols et al.

Cheers guys, and gal.

I know I'm being PC again for a second time but just to let you know guys refers to a group of both males & females together, all in one. Just to let you know :)

Agree with Alex analysis around Pio but also around players being very mature in their positioning and filling gaps as required thus allowing flexibility for fellow players and their movement into different roles on the field

The analysis of Topor was well thought out as well I know I'm in the minority still flying the Topor flag but great to see ATB guys see what I've been seeing in him in the last few games.

But yes really impressed with ATB at the moment love the laughs as always but some very insightful commentary going on. Good job lads!

Edited by GunnerWanderer

Great as always. Loved the point about Pio drawing defenders to the near post in order to open up the far post for Nichols et al.

Cheers guys, and gal.

I know I'm being PC again for a second time but just to let you know guys refers to a group of both males & females together, all in one. Just to let you know :)

ohmygodmanwhocares

hsop.gif

Agree with Alex analysis around Pio but also around players being very mature in their positioning and filling gaps as required thus allowing flexibility for fellow players and their movement into different roles on the field

The analysis of Topor was well thought out as well I know I'm in the minority still flying the Topor flag but great to see ATB guys see what I've been seeing in him in the last few games.

But yes really impressed with ATB at the moment love the laughs as always but some very insightful commentary going on. Good job lads!

Not the only one gunner. I loved his work seasons 1 and 2 but this season he's showing something completely different just when I thought he was getting past it.

Cheers guys, and gal.

ohmygodmanwhocares hsop.gif

:smurfnono:

Thank you Lord PC of Pedantia, I was aware of that. As Tatyiana has been promoted from an injury replacement to a full time contract, I felt it important to recognise her specifically. Now that I have done that, I will fall back into line.

Edited by Alexander

Cheers guys, and gal.

ohmygodmanwhocares hsop.gif
:smurfnono:

Thank you Lord PC of Pedantia, I was aware of that. As Tatyiana has been promoted from an injury replacement to a full time contract, I felt it important to recognise her specifically. Now that I have done that, I will fall back into line.

To be fair to you, in our notes where the question I ask at the start of the episodes is, it says 'question for the guys and also for the girl'. this stems from me calling everybody man, mate, dude, etc. and some girls are like 'dude? Im a girl thank you very much'. AFAIC if you're a good person, you are a dude. I call my wife dude all the time. 

edit: FYI my wife is a woman

• 1 year later...

Going to give this a listen :) I do podcasts myself and it will help me in my Australian football research

That one is from last season. If you want the latest ones go to their website http://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/

They'll have one for the game you watched (vs. Brisbane) on Wednesday morning Australian time.

Yup I found it. Thanks :)

Wednesday morning would mean Tuesday night for me haha :P