Western Sydney Wanderers to play Arsenal FC in 2017

At least the "Kop" at ANZ will have an authentic anfield atmosphere. Bunch of people from everywhere but Liverpool who have supported Liverpool all their lives (well since the last time they won something) singing YNWA while clutching a plastic bag containing their freshly purchased half and half scarf and official Liverpool selfie stick.

To be fair to your office kopite none of the Liverpool players are from Liverpool either

It's going to be awful that great supporter of football 7 will pick up the rights and we will have to see Kochie in a Liverpool scarf and then the usual bemused footballers being asked do they support Swans or gws

• 2 months later...

Wanderers Twitter 

Limited tickets are available to watch us take on @Arsenal at @ANZStadium!

Smurfs twitte

The Gunners are bringing their Big Guns to face @SydneyFC on July 13. Make sure you don't miss out! 

Looks like we beat the smurfs again, this time with the crowd. Lets hope we outnumber the Eurosnobs as well.
33 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Wanderers Twitter 

Smurfs twitte

The Gunners are bringing their Big Guns to face @SydneyFC on July 13. Make sure you don't miss out! 

Looks like we beat the smurfs again, this time with the crowd. Lets hope we outnumber the Eurosnobs as well.

I hope Santalab kicks somebody 

On 12/06/2017 at 4:11 PM, Paul01 said:

Wanderers Twitter 

Smurfs twitte

We're playing them on Saturday night and they're playing them on a Thursday... It's apples and oranges.

Most Arsenal fans are not going to go to both games and chances are the Saturday game will be more accessible for probably 90% of these people. 

It's a stupid idea playing two games. Among the standard 'quality' criticisms the game will encourage, the next thing will be criticisms regarding footballs footprint because the same team playing twice in 3 days in the exact same stadium can't draw two big crowds surprise, surprise...

Again, absolutely nothing positive to come out of this for the game in Australia.

So who is actually going?

Aside from my previously purchased ticket for our Saturday game, looks like I might be heading to the smurfs game with a couple of my cousins flying in from Adelaide. They're Gunners fans and have a spare ticket for the ESCF match...think I might wear some WSW kit when I'm in with them to throw more shade on the latte sippers 😜

We have tickets, unfortunately I have just been booked in to hospital for that weekend.

The wife and kids will still be there, having fun, while I'm recovering from being sliced open. !

At least I'll have better food - or not. :-)

5 hours ago, MadKaw said:

We have tickets, unfortunately I have just been booked in to hospital for that weekend.

The wife and kids will still be there, having fun, while I'm recovering from being sliced open. !

At least I'll have better food - or not. :-)

If the game is as bad as the Sydney Liverpool one was than you might be getting the better deal

BTW Hope you are ok

I'm holding out for free tickets from work as we are the major tenant in the Olympic park precinct we offer get freebies for matches at anz 

we got 1000 tickets for Liverpool game I'd imagine we would get something most likely for the thur game at esfc 

depends on organiser I guess I refuse to fund these epl sides money raising tours 

On 6/19/2017 at 2:47 PM, GunnerWanderer said:

I'm holding out for free tickets from work as we are the major tenant in the Olympic park precinct we offer get freebies for matches at anz 

we got 1000 tickets for Liverpool game I'd imagine we would get something most likely for the thur game at esfc 

depends on organiser I guess I refuse to fund these epl sides money raising tours 

1000 tickets?

Fooking hell!

7 minutes ago, Johnno said:

was going to go, hey still might but after seeing the smurf liverpool match and the farce that it was, im just not that interested.

I can stay at home and get the kids to chuck paper planes at me for free

Yes, but it's when your kids throw paper planes at other people that it makes it worth the money to attend.

Not!!!

I'm only thinking of going because I just cannot get enough of my Wanderers, and this match might give me my off-season fix.

Edited by Wanderboy
2 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Even if I get free tickets I'll probably just onsell them 

I really don't see the point of this game 

See.........

That's what I don't get.

Clearly, there is no point in this game. I understand that.

But, in case you didn't know, it's actually OUR  ******* team playing.

A game vs an EPL team. The Wanderer's vs Arsenal. FA Cup Champs.

Mate, if you get free tickets, on sell them to me please, considering you don't give a ****.

And.....if you don't give a ****, I'm more than happy to take them off your hands for nothing. :)

Edited by Wanderboy

It's a meaningless pre-pre-season friendly which only exists to make the promoters & Arsenal money (and the FFA).

Our club will generate little revenue or interest from the wider public, we might as well be wearing Washington Generals shirts. You could swap SFC players with our players and no-one would notice.

The atmosphere will be dire, it will be like the RBB Silent Protest or the Mariners away walkout but for 90 minutes. The WSW/RBB end will be filled with eurosnob theatre goers who will complain about people standing and chanting, and it will be worse than an Australian national team game.

The game will be a training run. Arsenal players will be trying to avoid injury with about a month and a bit to their season starting. Our players will be three months away from the opening game of the season.

For many people you see one of these games and you've seen them all and have no desire to be involved again.

22 minutes ago, mack said:

It's a meaningless pre-pre-season friendly which only exists to make the promoters & Arsenal money (and the FFA).

Our club will generate little revenue or interest from the wider public, we might as well be wearing Washington Generals shirts. You could swap SFC players with our players and no-one would notice.

The atmosphere will be dire, it will be like the RBB Silent Protest or the Mariners away walkout but for 90 minutes. The WSW/RBB end will be filled with eurosnob theatre goers who will complain about people standing and chanting, and it will be worse than an Australian national team game.

The game will be a training run. Arsenal players will be trying to avoid injury with about a month and a bit to their season starting. Our players will be three months away from the opening game of the season.

For many people you see one of these games and you've seen them all and have no desire to be involved again.

I doubt it. 

Over 75k tickets have been sold, with all the WSW active end tickets were snapped up by members.

10 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

See.........

That's what I don't get.

Clearly, there is no point in this game. I understand that.

But, in case you didn't know, it's actually OUR  ******* team playing.

A game vs an EPL team. The Wanderer's vs Arsenal. FA Cup Champs.

Mate, if you get free tickets, on sell them to me please, considering you don't give a ****.

And.....if you don't give a ****, I'm more than happy to take them off your hands for nothing. :)

Alright Wanderboy, if I get free tickets I'll give them to you 

In terms of club friendly matches, I'm happy to attend Mt Druitt Town Rangers v WSW as I did last year with all its suburban ground charm - but to attend a fixture which is really a Eurosnob glory fest and pay exorbitant amounts of money for the cheap seats in row ZZZ of level 6, no thanks 

I'll watch on TV for sure, because it's WSW, but lining the pockets of an EPL team who play their home games thousands of miles away (don't forget, the fixture is Arsenal v WSW - that's the order on the ticketing website, so Arsenal are considered the "home team"): no thanks

12 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Alright Wanderboy, if I get free tickets I'll give them to you 

In terms of club friendly matches, I'm happy to attend Mt Druitt Town Rangers v WSW as I did last year with all its suburban ground charm - but to attend a fixture which is really a Eurosnob glory fest and pay exorbitant amounts of money for the cheap seats in row ZZZ of level 6, no thanks 

I'll watch on TV for sure, because it's WSW, but lining the pockets of an EPL team who play their home games thousands of miles away (don't forget, the fixture is Arsenal v WSW - that's the order on the ticketing website, so Arsenal are considered the "home team"): no thanks

The game against Mt Druitt was 2 years ago, when Piovacarri was introduced to our members.

Last season our club didn't play any public trials games, due in part to the cost of staging same.

53 minutes ago, Taurus said:

The game against Mt Druitt was 2 years ago, when Piovacarri was introduced to our members.

Last season our club didn't play any public trials games, due in part to the cost of staging same.

That was two years ago? Damn.

Time flies.

Eurosnobs Schmurosnobs...frankly don't give a fliegende ficke whether they're there or not.

Whether it's a meaningless cash grab or a clash of two football titans I'm keen to go watch the boys play, spend a day with some of my Wanderer family and maybe blood relos as well, have some fun, spend some dosh and put down the whole experience as just another day clocking in as a WSW addict.

Not going to put merde on those who don't go or brag about going...all of us have gone to matches we could've missed and missed games we shouldn't have. However I hope that no matter what happens the club and our community give everyone a big dose of Red & Black spirit.

Now, on the subject of spirit, or should that be spirits...anyone who is going keen for drinks and a feed at the Bav in Parra pre-match?

2 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Eurosnobs Schmurosnobs...frankly don't give a fliegende ficke whether they're there or not.

Whether it's a meaningless cash grab or a clash of two football titans I'm keen to go watch the boys play, spend a day with some of my Wanderer family and maybe blood relos as well, have some fun, spend some dosh and put down the whole experience as just another day clocking in as a WSW addict.

Not going to put merde on those who don't go or brag about going...all of us have gone to matches we could've missed and missed games we shouldn't have. However I hope that no matter what happens the club and our community give everyone a big dose of Red & Black spirit.

Now, on the subject of spirit, or should that be spirits...anyone who is going keen for drinks and a feed at the Bav in Parra pre-match?

I'll think about it.

Parramatta requires a change of trains on my part

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic