Wanderers ACL Appearances: 2
Wanderers ACL Goals: 1

Wanderers FFA Cup Appearances: 6
Wanderers FFA Cup Goals: 1

Wanderers Club World Cup Appearances:
Wanderers Club World Cup Goals:

Wanderers Total Appearances: 31
Wanderers Total Goals: 3

Yearly Appearances & Goals: 2016/17: 12 (2), 2017/18: 19 (1)

International Team: Australia
International Caps:
International Goals:

Individual Awards:

Team Honours:

Highlight:
Highlight:
Highlight:

Description: A central midfielder with previous experience at 3 A-League clubs as well as earning 20 youth caps for Australia, earned a rotating position in the Wanderers first team squad, often occupying the left wing or midfield or filling in defensive midfield positions off the bench. After his initial contract expired he was released by the club.

View full record

• 1 month later...
  • AUGUST 16 2016

•  

Soccer: Steven Lustica relishing playing former club Canberra FC

• Tom Corrigan

From representing Canberra FC to facing them as part of the "biggest club in Australia", Steven Lustica has played all around the world but will compete against his boyhood club on Wednesday night.

Representing A-League powerhouse Western Sydney Wanderers, Lustica's career will turn full circle when he lines up against Canberra FC in a pre-season match at Deakin Stadium.

1471338452154.jpg

Western Sydney Wanderers midfielder Steven Lustica was a Canberra FC junior.  Photo: Jay Cronan

Born and bred in Canberra, Lustica has also represented Gold Coast, Adelaide and Brisbane as well as Hajduk Split and Dugopolje in Croatia.

Having debuted for the Wanderers after leaving Brisbane in early August, Lustica is still preparing for his first A-League season in red and black.

The 25-year-old began playing for Canberra FC when he was six but two decades later, is looking forward to the experience of playing his old club.

"It's a special feeling for me to be able to come back to Canberra FC where I started when I was six years old," Lustica said.

"Fast forward 20 years later and I get to play against my junior club which is great. I'm definitely looking forward to it."

Canberra FC still means a lot to Lustica, who still monitors the team's progress.

"I follow the club a bit," he said. "My cousin's the coach actually so I know them quite well.

"I haven't watched a game for a while but I know a few of the boys there both past and present."

Lustica is now at his sixth club in seven years. He believes Western Sydney is Australia's benchmark and made the decision to move after a conversation with Wanderers coach Tony Popovic.

"After speaking with Tony I thought it was the right time to make the move and it's the right environment for me to be at in this stage of my career," Lustica said.

"I'm looking forward to working under Popovic, and to learn as much as I can from him and improve my game."

"It's a massive club; it's definitely the biggest club in Australia.

"There are high expectations at this club and I'm looking to improve my game and take it to a new level and I think I'm at the right club to be able to do that.

"I've got the right environment, the right coaches and coaching set up."

The Wanderers fan base is known to be one of the most passionate in the country and they'll pack out their new homes at ANZ Stadium and Spotless Stadium.  

"They're the best fans in Australia by far," he said. "I always loved playing against the Wanderers, the atmosphere was great, it's like you're in Europe.

"It's definitely exciting to play for them and I'm looking forward to it."

WEDNESDAY

Canberra FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers, 7pm

Gates open: 5.30pm Tickets can be purchased at the gate. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 10/04/2017 at 10:56 PM, luisenrique said:

He did, but it's still a place in our squad that could have been filled a lot better. He doesn't really give us anything that a bunch of other players we already have don't.

1 hour ago, luisenrique said:

Good, we could use him.

Hmmm

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Someone wrote on DailyOzFootball that he wasn't getting paid in Uzbekistan. I wouldn't be surprised if it that was the reason he decided to return or the team he actually was playing for aren't good at all as they almost got relegated. I think one game they had was a massive 8-0 loss to the champion squad Pakhtakor.

I wonder if Milicic will convince him to join him at Macarthur Bulls FC after his stint with Western Union Money Transfer.

Edited by MathyouWSW
20 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Someone wrote on DailyOzFootball that he wasn't getting paid in Uzbekistan. I wouldn't be surprised if it that was the reason he decided to return or the team he actually was playing for aren't good at all as they almost got relegated. I think one game they had was a massive 8-0 loss to the champion squad Pakhtakor.

I wonder if Milicic will convince him to join him at Macarthur Bulls FC after his stint with Western Union Money Transfer.

I read somewhere today that he went from Uzbekistan to Croatia before coming back to Aus