Jumpei Kusukami

mack

1 hour ago, sonar said:

Yep...Shinji set the standard for the Japanese players that follow him...No one has come close.

It is true but such an unfair comparison. Shinji is one of the greatest Japanese players ever, he is held in such high regard and when you see where he has played, what competitions he played in and what he has achieved, it is just such an unfair comparison.

It's like comparing every Australian player to Tim Cahill, Viduka or Kewell. They'll just pale in comparison in so many areas on so many levels. 

11 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

It is true but such an unfair comparison. Shinji is one of the greatest Japanese players ever, he is held in such high regard and when you see where he has played, what competitions he played in and what he has achieved, it is just such an unfair comparison.

It's like comparing every Australian player to Tim Cahill, Viduka or Kewell. They'll just pale in comparison in so many areas on so many levels. 

I don't disagree but it is just the same as Aussies like Viduka or Kewell who played at Leeds, or Craig Johnston who played for Liverpool, players going there will always be compared to those that preceeded them.

In the context of our club and those Japenese players that have followed, Shinji will always be the standard setter/bearer.

I think people are making way too much out of the sub. He only came on in the 10th minute due to injury. So he essentially could be seen as part of the "starting XI".

By the time of the 85th minute, subs were made for tactical reasons. It had nothing to do with humiliating him and all this rubbish people and Fox are harping on about. Its not as if he was subbed on at Half Time and was taken off in the 70th.

And I highly doubt that was the reason he left. It was already on the cards and probably finalised before kickoff. You could see when he was subbed. He wasn't pissed he was subbed, it was probably more the fact it was his last game and he didn't get to finish it.

3 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

I made this comment in the post match thread, thought it was relevant for this thread too.

Yes, this sort of sums up both Casta and Jumps doesn't? Great promise but that final product was missing.

I love the Japanese mentality, culture & flair he brings on to the field, yes it wasn't backed up by the final product but would have loved to see him deliver more. I don't think we will probably see another Japanese player come to our club, Popa with his connection to Japan and the former players recommending to come to WSW to play under him, it will be the last for the foreseeable future.

He will be the first of many to depart of the season 5 and 6 squad that popa assembled & allow the transition to the Gombau team. Farewell, Jumpei. Yet another player that, despite what happened, deserved a better send off than he did.

He did deserve a better goodbye than being subbed as a sub and the club then getting his stats wrong in the email 

Send offs for players are less and less common these days. Loyalty is a thing of the past as money and opportunity speaks louder. For me send offs should be for players who have really contributed long term. Santa and Bridge are the two players who come to mind when send off is mentioned.

But even then Santa might get a career ending injury tomorrow. Bridge actually already left us, but came back. You just can’t plan these things, so don’t get too sentimental about it. That is football these days.

On 03/01/2018 at 4:46 PM, mack said:

Castelen has a better goals per game ratio than Nichols & Ono & Hersi. Jumpei is down with Nico, Haliti, Sotirio & La Rocca. Cejudo is worse than all of them though. He's been dreadful in terms of scoring.

Goals or no goals, Ono should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Hersi, Nichols or Castelan.