Jumpei Kusukami

mack

• 2 months later...

Really feel for the guy. Obviously we can do better than him, but he was one of our best players on Friday. He's so close to being a good player but yet so far. But he really put in and if he leaves, I'll look back at him with fondness. If he stays, then hopefully he improves his fitness, because if he can replicate that performance over a season he's not bad. 

Really feel for the guy. Obviously we can do better than him, but he was one of our best players on Friday. He's so close to being a good player but yet so far. But he really put in and if he leaves, I'll look back at him with fondness. If he stays, then hopefully he improves his fitness, because if he can replicate that performance over a season he's not bad. 

The only positive from his performance was pass accuracy, but he only attempted about 30 passes (which only ranked him above Janjetovic & Santalab from the starters) while the other midfielders made at least 40+ (Antonis made 90 and Baccus 70). He only attempted two shots and neither made it on target, his only cross didn't find a team-mate. And then he missed the penalty. Aspro, Cornwhaite, Baccus, Antonis & Janjetovic I'd rate above him and he wasn't better than Nichols & Martinez or Santalab.

The only positive from his performance was pass accuracy, but he only attempted about 30 passes (which only ranked him above Janjetovic & Santalab from the starters) while the other midfielders made at least 40+ (Antonis made 90 and Baccus 70). He only attempted two shots and neither made it on target, his only cross didn't find a team-mate. And then he missed the penalty. Aspro, Cornwhaite, Baccus, Antonis & Janjetovic I'd rate above him and he wasn't better than Nichols & Martinez or Santalab.

I'd have Aspro, Cornflakes, Baccus, Antonis, Vedran and Santa ahead of him too. Nico equal. Nichols?? He was absolute shite. 

Jumpei held the ball pretty well for us, and won a few free-kicks. He was causing them trouble all night, and combining well with those around him. I dunno, maybe it wasn't as obvious on tv, but it was one of the few times this season where I've been at the game and wanted him to get the ball.

I'd have Aspro, Cornflakes, Baccus, Antonis, Vedran and Santa ahead of him too. Nico equal. Nichols?? He was absolute shite. 

Jumpei held the ball pretty well for us, and won a few free-kicks. He was causing them trouble all night, and combining well with those around him. I dunno, maybe it wasn't as obvious on tv, but it was one of the few times this season where I've been at the game and wanted him to get the ball.

He has those kinds of games. Problem is he has 1 good game like that then 6 crap ones and it sounds like the average Aussie player. 

Jumpei in a Feb interview. In the HAL he has to run more, defend more, had to build up his match fitness, get used to the tactics and the physical game. And after nine months he still hasn't fully arrived.

Not his fault, he can only do his best. He should never have been signed.

---

"This team [Western Sydney] has priority in defence and I have to use more energy on defence in my current position.

It was very difficult at the beginning because I had the problem of fitness in addition to tactical problem. I had to understand how we play here.

Now, I have improved my fitness and able to run more distance than before. It enabled me to produce more offensively, which I have been showing in Japan.

Players here make hard contact even at the training ground."

Show me the Jumpei that played the opening game of the season.

He was exciting to watch against the Smurfs and clearly has the ability to take on players but has lacked any positive forward movement since the 4-1 CCM away win.

Maybe Popa has given a set of instructions which he hasn't been able to adapt to however I feel like he might show his true ability in the ACL games.

Opposition teams worked him out very quickly. 

He's a dribbler, so they stopped giving him a metre of space in which to turn & run at their defence. 

He was exciting to watch against the Smurfs and clearly has the ability to take on players but has lacked any positive forward movement since the 4-1 CCM away win.

Maybe Popa has given a set of instructions which he hasn't been able to adapt to however I feel like he might show his true ability in the ACL games.

He's a dribbler, so they stopped giving him a metre of space in which to turn & run at their defence.

They also blocked off his right foot. Easy to defend against when he only uses one foot.

They also blocked off his right foot. Easy to defend against when he only uses one foot.

Jumpei's stats from the 4-0 loss to SFC in Round 1 are pretty much identical to the stats from the elimination final.

Round 1

30 passes.

73% pass accuracy.

2 crosses, 1 accurate cross.

2 shots, both on target.

Final (these may have been through 90 minutes only, I'm not 100%, the discipline page doesn't list Sotirio's cards for example and Jamie Young isn't in the goalkeeping stats).

32 passes

84% accuracy

1 cross (inaccurate)

2 shots, both off target.

His seasonal stats are according to the A-League site:

3 Goals

1 Assist

12 Shots On Target (57% accuracy so about 24 shots total)

0 Accurate crosses. Apparently.

8 Offside

26 Tackles won (65% accuracy)

5 Clearances

0 Blocks

24 Interceptions

80% passing accuracy

76% accuracy in opponent half

45 successful dribbles (as an FYI, Castro has 71).

Don't understand all the Jumpei hate. Sure he was frustrating, couldn't finish and a lot more was expected off him as a visa player but he was one of many.

If you just look at his stats, it makes him look really bad but if you look at the stats for our other players they are just as bad (apart for Santa).

I think we need to stop putting the blame on one player, not many of our players can hold their head high this season.

Edited by tardotz

Don't understand all the Jumpei hate. Sure he was frustrating, couldn't finish and a lot more was expected off him as a visa player but he was one of many.

If you just look at his stats, it makes him look really bad but if you look at the stats for our other players they are just as bad (apart for Santa).

I think we need to stop putting the blame on one player, not many of our players can hold their head high this season.

He's not very good at football

I wish he was but he isn't

Everyone is already convinced Dimas, Borda & Pinatares are rubbish. Some people still think Jumpei isn't.

He's not very good at football

I wish he was but he isn't

I agree I'm not saying he is good all I'm saying is that unfortunately he was not the only 'bad' one, but it seems that most here seem to blame him for everything.

We seem to forget the 1st half of the season when the defense was all over the place. The mistakes and negative play by our illustrious captain and the missed chances by our midfield and strikers.

That's pretty much it. He's not completely awful (he scored a few goals) but he's not good enough.

The only reason to keep him imo is if him being marquee was frontloading his contract and he's on minimum wage for the next few years. Would be a decent back up to sotirio who can come on for 10-20 mins a game or fill in when someone is injured. It's not really a waste of a visa spot because they'll all be wasted anyway.

Edited by DinoPresinger

Everyone is already convinced Dimas, Borda & Pinatares are rubbish. Some people still think Jumpei isn't.

Delusional

That's pretty much it. He's not completely awful (he scored a few goals) but he's not good enough.

The only reason to keep him imo is if him being marquee was frontloading his contract and he's on minimum wage for the next few years. Would be a decent back up to sotirio who can come on for 10-20 mins a game or fill in when someone is injured. It's not really a waste of a visa spot because they'll all be wasted anyway.

Back up to sotirio. If sotirio is first choice next year then it's another long season (or a three weeks shorter season you get what I mean)

Says it all about Jumpei that we can't decide if he is better than sotirio