Wanderers ACL Appearances: 0
Wanderers ACL Goals: 0

Wanderers FFA Cup Appearances: 3
Wanderers FFA Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Club World Cup Appearances: 0
Wanderers Club World Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Total Appearances: 6
Wanderers Total Goals: 0

Yearly Appearances & Goals: 2016/17: 1 (0), 2017/18: 2 (0)

International Team: Australia
International Caps: 0
International Goals:

Individual Awards:

Team Honours:

Highlight:
Highlight:
Highlight:

Description: A youthful midfielder that began his career in Adelaide, moved to Melbourne City but wasn't able to cement a first team place over 2 seasons before being released to join the Wanderers. He then couldn't cement a first team place over 1 and a half seasons at the Wanderers before being released. Released 2nd January 2018.

View full record

Tough, no nonsence type of midfielder.

Doesn't add much, that we haven't already got

Depth?

Dimas, Bruno, Lustica, Baccus, Youlley & now him.  

Nichols & Shabow are primarily #10's.

Someone has to be moving on 

This guy has the tenacity and hunger of Bulut maybe not the skill.

He's pretty versatile remember him playing in the backline and in CM for City. A classic ACL signing for Popa.

Extract from A-league article on what he thought about us and about Melb (CFG) City!

For Melling, the move to Wanderland presents a new challenge for the Australian Institute of Sport product after 45 appearances with Adelaide United and Melbourne City. Making his first grade debut as a teenager with the Reds, the tough-tackling midfielder moved to Melbourne where he established himself as a regular in City’s midfield. Melling prides himself on his aggressiveness and will be one to watch with his box-to-box ability and fearless attitude. “For me it was time to move to a club that always aspires to be the best,†said Melling. “Playing against the Wanderers is very intimidating – especially in Western Sydney – and to play in that atmosphere, with that fan group behind me will be an incredible experience. “I’m going to put my body on the line for the team and I’m going to give my all for this club.â€

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So we can get an injury replacement then. Is that what Antonis is? Don't injury replacements technically have to play the same position?

Both central midfield so would be close enough, however there was nothing mentioned when Antonis signed of him being an injury replacement so I imagine the door is open (although assuming you are right it would mean signing another midfielder).

• 11 months later...