Wanderers Out Of ACL After Urawa Thumping

Any club in Asia thinking about signing popa needs to look at this season. That is all.

Credit to those who spent money to go - we feel for you.

At least next year there will be no ACL to worry about. It is sad the top three sides struggle the following year because of the ACL.

Antonis, Snake, Santa, Corn and Aspro have been positives. Unless there is progress in the offseason, the fans patience will not last long

The final game of the season is an ACL dead rubber against Shanghai SIPG at Campbelltown on Wednesday the 10th of May at 8pm. I call on the Wanderers to open the gates and let the fans in for free, as a show of respect to those who have watched the abysmal performances from their side this year.

This. For every poor ****er trekking to and from Ctown on a weeknight just to watch the team get rear ended.

Doesn't help the loyal fans who have already bought tickets . Free beers for all ticket holders .

We can take a page out of ESFC's book and give out some sausage rolls :ninja:

The final game of the season is an ACL dead rubber against Shanghai SIPG at Campbelltown on Wednesday the 10th of May at 8pm. I call on the Wanderers to open the gates and let the fans in for free, as a show of respect to those who have watched the abysmal performances from their side this year.

Click here to view the article

Well said Mack! Absolutely no chance!

I expect Leferer to have 50 mobile vans up selling unsold merchandise - get every last cent!!!

For me the moment of last night was just before the 5th goal - sotirio broke down the left and had 3 men unmarked in the middle his cross went 20 metres from them all and they break and score

I would have subbed him off the field right there and then ripped up his contract ffs an absolute **** inexcusable play. I was so angry

I haven't bothered to read past Mack's summary yet but assume we are all asking where was NIko, Mitch and Antonis no A-League to worry about and 2 weeks before the next game - just bloody weird.

Anyway the last game is about showing some bloody pride in the jersey

One last game before 5 months of waiting

Edited by GunnerWanderer

Credit to those who spent money to go - we feel for you.

Oh don't feel for us.. We got to go to Japan :xnod:
And it was the best trip we've been on.☺ï¸

The best thing about last night's match for me was seeing my son on TV before it started. At least he and his mate had a couple of weeks in Japan to enjoy.

I like Aspro but he seems so slow, looks strange when he makes a sprint.

Simple balls over the top were killing us.

LOL playing 3 at the back with our mob and then having Dimas in front of them....

20 goals conceded is the worst defensive record for ACL 2017, equal with Eastern Sports Club from Hong Kong in their debut with the first ever female coach in the ACL.

And there's still 1 more game to go.

Seriously, I want a 1/3 refund for my 3 match pass. Fkc going to ctown on a Wed night and paying $15 in tolls in Sydney traffic.

LOL playing 3 at the back with our mob and then having Dimas in front of them....

Aspro particularly looked like he had zero left in the tank.

These guys go on about how fit they are, but compared to the top leagues the schedule here is modest.

Popa has got to take most, if not all of the responsibility here. Whatever he said before the game obviously didn't work. We all knew we were pretty much playing for pride and it's his role to motivate the players for a game like last night's.

Half the problem is that our players love watching the ball.

Case in point was Urawa's 5th goal (I think) where the floater went over the top of Aspro and straight to Silva. It looked as though Aspro had no idea where his man was and then when Silva received the ball, he was already half a metre or more ahead of him.

If our players spent more time knowing where their player was and stopped watching the ball so much, things might be a tad different

Aspro particularly looked like he had zero left in the tank.

These guys go on about how fit they are, but compared to the top leagues the schedule here is modest.

Certainly not justifying a poor performance, but I reckon players in top flight leagues travel shorter distances. I thought I read somewhere that some epl teams only do about 6000 kms domestically as season which is less than a return perth trip.

For me the moment of last night was just before the 5th goal - sotirio broke down the left and had 3 men unmarked in the middle his cross went 20 metres from them all and they break and score

I would have subbed him off the field right there and then ripped up his contract ffs an absolute **** inexcusable play. I was so angry

Yeah that just about summed up the standard Sotirio's at now. Personaly I'd be happy if I never see him in a Wanderers shirt again. And on last night's effort, Dimas too !!

Yeah that just about summed up the standard Sotirio's at now. Personaly I'd be happy if I never see him in a Wanderers shirt again. And on last night's effort, Dimas too !!

It also summed up our sub-standard bench made up of players who are NPL standard at best. This was evident in the semi against Brisbane when the first team players tired and came off, there was no player to come on and could make an impact like other teams have. These sub standard bench players are what were used in the ACL and, along with questionable tactical and selection decisions from the coach. were an embarrassment!

Urawa would've put at least 3 on most ACL teams the way they played last night. We weren't brilliant but they put on an absolute clinic

To put Urawa's class in perspective they were 15 points ahead of the field in last season's J1 and Kashima who finished way behind them won the GF to qualify for the CWC and was competitive in the final of that competition before eventually losing to Real Madrid 4-2.  Urawa's coach was quoted as saying they are better this season and that they are easily the best club side he has seen in Japan in the 11 years he has been there.

20 goals conceded is the worst defensive record for ACL 2017, equal with Eastern Sports Club from Hong Kong in their debut with the first ever female coach in the ACL.

Seriously, I want a 1/3 refund for my 3 match pass. Fkc going to ctown on a Wed night and paying $15 in tolls in Sydney traffic.

Just like zlatan doesn't do trials

Lederer doesn't do refunds

I think you will appreciate this offer then: why get something for free if you can buy the ACL away jersey for just $117?

https://wanderersshop.com.au/men/2017-mens-acl-away-jersey

Popa has got to take most, if not all of the responsibility here. Whatever he said before the game obviously didn't work. We all knew we were pretty much playing for pride and it's his role to motivate the players for a game like last night's.

I've said it before but our mental prep, strength, approach, whatever you want to call it, is just weak as pith. We've got matchday personality disorder. Which team will take the pitch? Its a crapshoot.

Tbh i fell asleep around halftime. I thoroughly enjoyed that. Much more than if I'd stayed awake.