Wanderers Out Of ACL After Urawa Thumping

20 goals conceded is the worst defensive record for ACL 2017, equal with Eastern Sports Club from Hong Kong in their debut with the first ever female coach in the ACL.

And there's still 1 more game to go.

Seriously, I want a 1/3 refund for my 3 match pass. Fkc going to ctown on a Wed night and paying $15 in tolls in Sydney traffic.

I think you will appreciate this offer then: why get something for free if you can buy the ACL away jersey for just $117?

https://wanderersshop.com.au/men/2017-mens-acl-away-jersey

Hi FCB, one must remember that the FFA and sadly our own Club regards us as Consumers nothing else but ******* Consumers. 

whats the mood here re popa out? my opinion, his time has come decisions through out the season have been brainless i believe he no longer has any idea his arrogance in the rotation policy has cost us. it was truly shameful last night, fans owe popa nothing forum must beheld before they take our money.

whats the mood here re popa out? my opinion, his time has come decisions through out the season have been brainless i believe he no longer has any idea his arrogance in the rotation policy has cost us. it was truly shameful last night, fans owe popa nothing forum must beheld before they take our money.

Ok, so, can you put forward someone who in the next 5 years will win ACL and take us to 3 A league Finals and greatly improve very average players and introduce junior talent like no other club. 

Ok, so, can you put forward someone who in the next 5 years will win ACL and take us to 3 A league Finals and greatly improve very average players and introduce junior talent like no other club.

i cant not in my position but if i worked in that position at the club i would love to scout for a new coach. without being in that position i could at least find a coach will to play the best eleven week in week out Edited by pys

say he gets rid of another eleven this offseason, pisses about signing new ones so they dont even have a preseason together then rotates weekly through the season regardless of form where does that leave us?

say he gets rid of another eleven this offseason, pisses about signing new ones so they dont even have a preseason together then rotates weekly through the season regardless of form where does that leave us?

Knowing that he didn't correct the errors of this season and definitely needing to find a replacement.

Say he/the club recruit well in the offseason, start well, get even better, come home with a wet sail and win the Premiership, then win our first Grand Final. Where does that leave us?

By the way, he won't rotate next year, we have no ACL. He always rotates in ACL years. There is no need when you're only playing weekly. Look at last season - no ACL, the only rotation was to manage the injury prone guys - Castelen, Vidosic, Santa.

How would you feel if gets another season and gives us mediocre signings again ?

we surprised the league in season 1 I just can't see that happening ever again.

there going to have to sign talent cause esfc are champions and I'm sick of seeing western subs kids in sky blue Edited by JayZko

With a new manager. But he has done enough to be given a chance to show that he can do better than that scenario.

ESFC finished lower last year than we did this year remember. It can be turned around. Popa deserves the chance to be the man to do that. If he can't, then it might be time to look elsewhere, but not before then.

How would you feel if gets another season and gives us mediocre signings again ?

there going to have to sign talent cause esfc are champions and I'm sick of seeing western subs kids in sky blue

No western subs kids in sky blue around here !!

20 goals conceded is the worst defensive record for ACL 2017, equal with Eastern Sports Club from Hong Kong in their debut with the first ever female coach in the ACL.

And there's still 1 more game to go.

Seriously, I want a 1/3 refund for my 3 match pass. Fkc going to ctown on a Wed night and paying $15 in tolls in Sydney traffic.

I think you will appreciate this offer then: why get something for free if you can buy the ACL away jersey for just $117?

https://wanderersshop.com.au/men/2017-mens-acl-away-jersey

there going to have to sign talent cause esfc are champions and I'm sick of seeing western subs kids in sky blue

No western subs kids in sky blue around here !!
I saw three at parklea and I saw with my very eyes 👀 kids getting excited over the esfc show bag at the Easter show

Hey all Happy here again :)

I am gunna say this very clearly Popa is the man for the Job, it will be his last season with us next year and you tell me someone better.

Popa will get the selections right this off season and 2017/18 will be our year. There is no doubt this will be the case so please lets build a bridge walkover it and get behind Popa.

Then you can support Popa as the Socceroos coach for a few years after that

Now you trust me in what I have said here because I am Happy and I do know a thing or to about Football !!!!

Bye for now from Happy :)

Allways a Wanderers Supporter

last year was not a success we won 2 games to get to a final always a bonus but without either the gf win or plate nothing to claim

Mate if you say that coming second - one Mark Bridge curling shot away from Premiers - is not a success then you might want to support a club that is not in a salary capped league.

And make sure it is one of the Big 2/3/4 (change number depending on the league), because otherwise you'll have to see success as not being relegated or coming in the top half, as most teams do.

Anyway, something a bit funnier - some guy on facebook was so upset at losing 6-1 that he said he'd rather never make the finals again than watch Popa screw the team with bad recruitment, selection etc. hahaha so upset at losing that you'd rather lose! This is the kind of emotional nonsense that fans come up with.

One more year. See out his contract. He's earned it. I'm tipping top 2 again.

I like Aspro but he seems so slow, looks strange when he makes a sprint.

Simple balls over the top were killing us.

LOL playing 3 at the back with our mob and then having Dimas in front of them....

Aspro particularly looked like he had zero left in the tank.

These guys go on about how fit they are, but compared to the top leagues the schedule here is modest.

Certainly not justifying a poor performance, but I reckon players in top flight leagues travel shorter distances. I thought I read somewhere that some epl teams only do about 6000 kms domestically as season which is less than a return perth trip.

Yeah, in our ACL winning year we clocked more miles than any other team in the world I believe.

last year was not a success we won 2 games to get to a final always a bonus but without either the gf win or plate nothing to claim

Mate if you say that coming second - one Mark Bridge curling shot away from Premiers - is not a success then you might want to support a club that is not in a salary capped league.

And make sure it is one of the Big 2/3/4 (change number depending on the league), because otherwise you'll have to see success as not being relegated or coming in the top half, as most teams do.

Anyway, something a bit funnier - some guy on facebook was so upset at losing 6-1 that he said he'd rather never make the finals again than watch Popa screw the team with bad recruitment, selection etc. hahaha so upset at losing that you'd rather lose! This is the kind of emotional nonsense that fans come up with.

One more year. See out his contract. He's earned it. I'm tipping top 2 again.

Agreed, one more year for Popa and I hope the off season press is full of stories about how Popa has lost his touch, all the motivation that is needed.

Don't worry lads and ladies.  Grab a pint boys and halves for the ladies and let's all lift our chin up.  

The club has sent out its "best moments of the season package" link this morning suitably with an image of 20,000 members banner.  I'm sure John L will see that as his highlight of the season as he warms his house by burning $50 notes while we're all scratching our heads trying to think hard if the highlights package will be more than 10 seconds long.  Go you good community club thing WSW.

Its not Popa. It was Milicic. Amazing that since he left we seem toothless in attack and gameplans.

Carrasco got lucky last season with DNA and Alberto. But lightning doesn't strike twice with Pinatares, Borda and Jumpei (and Dimas without Andreu)

So who is next in line to take over Popa?

Rudan/Milicic combination

Bring back the heart that we had in the first 2 seasons.

Its not Popa. It was Milicic. Amazing that since he left we seem toothless in attack and gameplans.

Carrasco got lucky last season with DNA and Alberto. But lightning doesn't strike twice with Pinatares, Borda and Jumpei (and Dimas without Andreu)

So who is next in line to take over Popa?

Rudan/Milicic combination

Bring back the heart that we had in the first 2 seasons.

Weeelllll

Not sure about that.

I saw at times quite exciting attacking football this season. We didn't win some games because of a poor conversion rate, but also because of a shocking defensive effort.

S1: 18 wins - 3 draws - 6 losses - 41:21 goals

S5: 8 wins - a thousand draws - 7 losses - 35:35 goals

We scored about 10 semi own goals which may as well have cost us 15 points, or thereabouts.

Redders cost us points in Rd 3, 5, 10

Tyson cost us points in Rd 8, 13

Cornflakes cost us points Rd 4

Borda cost us points in Rd 14

Redders/Borda/Dimas in Rd 6

Dimas Rd 11

Clisby and Vedran in Rd 17

The comedy show came to an end after Rd 17 in Brisbane, after Vedran, Cornflakes and Antonis had settled in. We were rock solid from then onwards.

Our poor season had names. It was all about recruitment.

Agreed, one more year for Popa and I hope the off season press is full of stories about how Popa has lost his touch, all the motivation that is needed.

Yeah I think he will be super-motivated to get us back on top, not that he really needs it!

Every negative story just suits the Popa and westie way - an opportunity to say **** em.