Squad Development 2017/18

49 minutes ago, Frankos187 said:

Belgian and Greek leagues aye... um... Igor Di Camargo plays in Cyprus and is Belgium... think it's the same club nico was loaned at... Cyprus/Greece same thing yeah... (queue the uproar)

another name ill drop is jeronimo...top scorer in the Greek league a few seasons ago and had interest from Belgium clubs, not sure if he made it there though...

any clues/hints I'll be happy to give this a crack... 

That guy who used to play for Adelaide?

1 hour ago, Frankos187 said:

Belgian and Greek leagues aye... um... Igor Di Camargo plays in Cyprus and is Belgium... think it's the same club nico was loaned at... Cyprus/Greece same thing yeah... (queue the uproar)

another name ill drop is jeronimo...top scorer in the Greek league a few seasons ago and had interest from Belgium clubs, not sure if he made it there though...

any clues/hints I'll be happy to give this a crack... 

You're not even close.

I don't want anyone getting overly excited cause the likelyhood of us jagging this attacking player from the Greek Superleague is only slight, 50/50 at best. 

My Greek spies suggest that he's a better player than Niko & as such, would command a salary to match his proven ability.

1 minute ago, Taurus said:

You're not even close.

I don't want anyone getting overly excited cause the likelyhood of us jagging this player from the Greek Superleague is only slight, 50/50 at best. 

My Greek spies suggest that he's a better player than Niko & as such, would command a salary to match his proven ability.

We talking a striker or #10?

5 hours ago, FCB said:

With that striker and a No 10 of such quality we'd be a very different outfit in the coming season.

Both of them being on marquee wages = more money available for quality players under the cap..

Happy days.

Huge upgrade in defence on the start of last season. Baccus has hit his strides and We know what roly is capable of. If we do indeed have a striker that's great. A great #10 might also bring out the best in Jumpei.

all very good reasons for optimism I'd say

9 hours ago, Taurus said:

Pretty sure we may have secured our preferred striker, so concentrate your search on attacking midfield options. 

Both will command marquee level wages in the ALeague.

Oooh this should be interesting 

I'll preload FIFA now for the ratings 😛

13 hours ago, Pup55 said:

Yeah, because a bloke named Pup55 who posted a players name on a club fan forum caused a Transfer to fall through 😂

I'm not saying that this was the case, but it has happened before. 

To use an example from the NRL, back in 2007, "SuperCoach" Wayne Bennett had a handshake agreement with Nick Politis to join the Roosters. Someone leaked the information. It got to the media and spread like wildfire. Benny wasn't pleased at all, reneged on his handshake deal. 

Do you think it might be a coincidence that we started seeing articles of that Spanish striker being "linked" with WSW not long after you made your know-it-all post?

And maybe the club sought to see if there was any truth to this rumour, or whether it was just started by some muppet on an Internet forum.

10 hours ago, Jimspade said:

Interesting Jim......

This guy spent plenty of years at Brugge and Anderlecht (Top Leagues in Belgium) before going to AEK in Top League in Greece (he did go via Turkey).

And he is an out and out attacking midfielder.

It matches all of the criteria Taurus has set......

And just looking back through Taurus' posts recently, he randomly made mention of Ronaldo in the last 48 hours when talking about Robbie Kruse which baffled me. Unless we're trying to get our own Ronaldo in Ronald Alejandro Vargas..........Our Ronald had 7 assists last year in Greece (which is more than Kruse).

Now quick, delete this post before you get blamed when the transfer falls through!!!!!

Although If Taurus is just trying to get "even", he is probably throwing out fake news. hahaha

1 hour ago, Beer said:

I'm not saying that this was the case, but it has happened before. 

To use an example from the NRL, back in 2007, "SuperCoach" Wayne Bennett had a handshake agreement with Nick Politis to join the Roosters. Someone leaked the information. It got to the media and spread like wildfire. Benny wasn't pleased at all, reneged on his handshake deal. 

Do you think it might be a coincidence that we started seeing articles of that Spanish striker being "linked" with WSW not long after you made your know-it-all post?

And maybe the club sought to see if there was any truth to this rumour, or whether it was just started by some muppet on an Internet forum.

Someone tweeted a photo of the harbour bridge to Oriol Riera 4 days before I posted anything here.

I was late in getting the information.

6 minutes ago, Pup55 said:

Someone tweeted a photo of the harbour bridge to Oriol Riera 4 days before I posted anything here.

I was late in getting the information.

Is he definitely off the radar? This from 12 hours ago:

Oriol Riera has also revealed that he has not yet spoken with the Corunna club to assess whether he will continue in A Coruña or seek another destination. "You have to sit down and talk and see what is best for both parties. Without forgetting that I still have a year left and that I will be there to dispute the position. To continue playing in First one more year is a prize and that is what it is necessary to try ", is finished.

6 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

They should tweeted a picture of a western Sydney landmark such as Rooty Hill RSL

The coathanger I get, but why you'd tweet a picture of a beach to someone that lives in Spain or Greece baffles me. They got some mighty fine ones there, not to mention favourable dress standards compared to Bondi.

11 hours ago, Taurus said:

Pretty sure we may have secured our preferred striker, so concentrate your search on attacking midfield options. 

Taurus, any idea when this will be announced, if it has indeed happened?

News from Spain reported on the 27th June

Oriol Riera has also revealed that he has not yet spoken with the Corunna club to assess whether he will continue in A Coruña or seek another destination. "You have to sit down and talk and see what is best for both parties. Without forgetting that I still have a year left and that I will be there to dispute the position. To continue playing in First one more year is a prize and that is what it is necessary to try ", is finished.

1 hour ago, wswtragic said:

Is he definitely off the radar? This from 12 hours ago:

2 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

News from Spain reported on the 27th June

Oriol Riera has also revealed that he has not yet spoken with the Corunna club to assess whether he will continue in A Coruña or seek another destination. "You have to sit down and talk and see what is best for both parties. Without forgetting that I still have a year left and that I will be there to dispute the position. To continue playing in First one more year is a prize and that is what it is necessary to try ", is finished.

You're both singing from the same hymn sheet & I ain't listening

1 hour ago, Pup55 said:

Interesting Jim......

This guy spent plenty of years at Brugge and Anderlecht (Top Leagues in Belgium) before going to AEK in Top League in Greece (he did go via Turkey).

And he is an out and out attacking midfielder.

It matches all of the criteria Taurus has set......

And just looking back through Taurus' posts recently, he randomly made mention of Ronaldo in the last 48 hours when talking about Robbie Kruse which baffled me. Unless we're trying to get our own Ronaldo in Ronald Alejandro Vargas..........Our Ronald had 7 assists last year in Greece (which is more than Kruse).

Now quick, delete this post before you get blamed when the transfer falls through!!!!!

Although If Taurus is just trying to get "even", he is probably throwing out fake news. hahaha

@Taurus - just making sure you didn't miss this post ;-)

22 hours ago, Taurus said:

This makes me happy, regardless. If i'm wrong, there are still two good signings to be announced. (If i'm right, it means i didn't waste 2 hours cross referencing players, leagues, positions, contract expiration's and age instead of finishing that report i'm late on)

if we don't sign atleast a burns quality player

oriol riera?? That guy who played for Wigan or west brom who's ok at heading....joy

marquee great Pio 2.0

can we bring back  Lyall gorman the man knows how to football 

Edited by JayZko
  • mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic