Squad Development 2017/18

On 5/19/2017 at 6:50 PM, Taurus said:

They're coming.

I just need confirmation that we've secured our target man & I will post them

...so he's South American?

18 hours ago, Taurus said:

Nope, the player would have other avenues of advice available to him ;)

...so he's played with someone with a connection to WSW, or possibly Australian football more broadly?

15 hours ago, Taurus said:

Neither played in La Liga this season

(speaks for it itself).

So, if those are the criteria, these might be the top options:

Chory Castro - Uruguayan, played with Fornaroli at Nacional - https://www.transfermarkt.com/chory-castro/profil/spieler/28171 he's 32, and very experienced La Liga player. Career looks quite similar to Diego Castro's.

Random video - no compilacion, but enjoy this: 

Christian Santos - Venezuelan, played with Berisha at Arminia Bielefeld and Brad Jones at NEC Nijmegen - https://www.transfermarkt.com/christian-santos/profil/spieler/50487 - started only 7 times this season for Alaves, after having a very successful season for NEC the year before (16 goals) and 23 goals in the Dutch 2nd Div the year before that.

Random video #1 (a classic of its genre):

Random video #2 (actually fairly impressive):

Other possibilities:

Fabian Orellana - Chilean, played with Mat Ryan at Valencia - https://www.transfermarkt.com/fabian-orellana/leistungsdaten/spieler/60890 - still seems like a solid part of the Valencia squad and probably out of our price range though.

Alexander Szymanowski - Argentinian, played with Dimas at Recreativo de Huelva - https://www.transfermarkt.com/alexander-szymanowski/profil/spieler/217728 - had a very good year in La Liga and is only 28, so would be surprised if he's on the move).

13 hours ago, JayZko said:

tenor.gifTaurus said Messi lol plz plz plz 

I've already told you it's not him, but our 'targeted' man just like everyone else that's ever played football in Spain, appears to have a connection or a personal story to tell, about playing with or against Messi.

Keep trying forumities, it's not a difficult puzzle to solve

Ok, this guy is my guess https://www.transfermarkt.com/oriol-riera/profil/spieler/71671

Oriol Riera - Barca youth product, made some sort of debut at the same time as Messi (a friendly or something) and would have worked with Carrasco. Still has a year left in his contract and is getting semi regular game time in laliga though, might be a long shot.

4 hours ago, Taurus said:

I've already told you it's not him, but our 'targeted' man just like everyone else that's ever played football in Spain, appears to have a connection or a personal story to tell, about playing with or against Messi.

Keep trying forumities, it's not a difficult puzzle to solve

Is he South American, Taurus, or just random?

On 5/19/2017 at 10:47 AM, spectacular291 said:

I'd take the risk on Robbie Kruse if we as a club hadn't tried so many risks/experiments before. I think Popovic needs to invest in a tried and true solution.

I feel bad for Kruse - going to China was the wrong move. He'd be better off back at Fortuna (:xnod:) than in the CSL. Had a great time there and obviously impressed enough to be picked up by Bayer. I hope it turns around for him in a world cup year. I see Victory picking him up. 

Interesting development if true.

3ltsW81V_bigger.jpgThe Walker @MrWalkerAgent

Following

Both Kruse and Holland prefer to stay abroad #WSW willing to offer Kruse marquee but any Kruse deal unlikely, #AUFC keen on Holland again.

12:42 PM - 20 May 2017
42 minutes ago, mack said:

Why the **** would we offer a guy who is so constantly injured he's only played 30 games in the last 4 years (plus I'm guessing just as many Australian games where he's done jackshit) a marquee deal?

Thank god, dodged a bullet.

Because we have faith in our medical staff. And rightly so, they get guys back to full fitness, then they piss off back to Asia/Europe after one year!

Yep we dodged a bullet, and Kruse will probably pick some team that hinders his career again.

3 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Because we have faith in our medical staff. And rightly so, they get guys back to full fitness, then they piss off back to Asia/Europe after one year!

Yep we dodged a bullet, and Kruse will probably pick some team that hinders his career again.

Wish we dodged a Bulut last season.....

Edited by WSWBoro

Irrespective of the names that are thrown up, I must direct you back to my initial post on this subject., see below 

On 5/11/2017 at 9:13 PM, WanderingToqui said:

Hey Taurus, 

Any idea on who Popa and Co will be looking at overseas?

Any possible names to throw at us?

That wouldn't help anyone

No, Kage would have killed it in the AL.

He had a terrific 1st half of season in Belgium (7 goals & 5 assists first 15 games), but appeared to pick up a few injuries & didn't play much subsequently 

7 hours ago, Taurus said:

Irrespective of the names that are thrown up, I must direct you back to my initial post on this subject., see below 

On 5/11/2017 at 9:13 PM, WanderingToqui said:

Hey Taurus, 

Any idea on who Popa and Co will be looking at overseas?

Any possible names to throw at us?

That wouldn't help anyone

No, Kage would have killed it in the AL.

He had a terrific 1st half of season in Belgium (7 goals & 5 assists first 15 games), but appeared to pick up a few injuries & didn't play much subsequently 

What stopped this happening last year? Maybe he's still interested...

14 hours ago, RedBlackOle said:

What stopped this happening last year? Maybe he's still interested...

We offered a transfer sum. His club initially accepted until they realised that we were talking Aussie dollars and they Euro. The deal fell through.

The player has since signed a contract extension until 2020. 

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic