Brisbane Roar: Season 2017/18

He went to Darmstadt because of the coach. This would suggest that MacLaren is an optimist.

There are 18 teams in BL2, and the league counted 19 managerial changes in 16/17 (8 before and 11 during the season).

He has an excellent chance to work with an entirely different coach before the Easter bunny is starting to make the rounds. 

• 1 month later...

Wow, if it were us I'd be pissed off especially since we have great potential in young Strikers like Scott and Majok. I look forward to seeing him run on a 35 degree day. 

No wonder we have such a glut in domestic Strikers for the national team when our clubs would rather spend money on a dinosaur than develop and find local talent. 

Edited by Valter43
38 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

So Brisbane have signed Maccarone. Says age is no barrier at 37. But what about when it's 37 degrees?

I watched him a bit last season. Still very much above our level, he'll be fine from a fitness perspective.

as far as the heat? I'm sure he was made aware of the potential for a stinker. It's not even the odd cracker day he has to worry about, rather the problem of consistent games at 26-32c. Recovery takes a lot longer after those games, even more when your body is 38

At the members forum two years ago JT commented to the specific conditions in the HAL, namely the hard pitches, and what strain that puts on the bodies of older players. 

The WSW are reluctant to invest in older players for that reason. Ono, Castelen needed a lot of special TLC througout the season. A 38 year old body will suffer, no doubt. 

But when he plays he'll put the fear of God into back lines. 

On 17/07/2017 at 4:30 PM, ZachMercer said:

So Brisbane have signed Maccarone. Says age is no barrier at 37. But what about when it's 37 degrees?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo Roar cannot sign the hero of Boro's UEFA cup adventures from 2007! 

He gave me two of my best ever experiences at a football game with thise incredible come backs! Will post one later.

Good striker 10 years ago, not sure how traveling these days though.

Not sure what to think about one of my all time Boro heros playing for another HAL side. He could yet be a good buy for Roar.

Edited by WSWBoro