Football Media Discussion 2

Nicole Livingstone and Tegan Higginbotham to host new live comedy sport show on ABC

https://tv.press.abc.net.au/nicole-livingstone-and-tegan-higginbotham-to-host-new-live-comedy-sport-show-on-abc

I think the ABC may have been using the match between Sydney FC v Liverpool FC as a cross promotion opportunity for their new sports panel show. That's why they may have decided to take a comedy slant to their coverage. 

It wouldn't surprise me if all four 'hosts' from last nights match appear on the new show during its run.

Were there ads for the new show on the television broadcast?

9 hours ago, luisenrique said:

Well I and the other active fans that I know aren't going. While it would be nice to put in a typical active performance and give the eurosnobs a show, it's complete rort financially speaking.

It's going to be dreadful, isn't it.

the stadium will quite as a library which should make Arsenal feel at home 

9 hours ago, FCB said:

Two days ago I thought there is no way that I'd be going to the Arsenal road show. Yesterday I bought tickets.

Wullington, Adelaide at the end of S4 cost me big bucks. The 60 dollars for the Gunner game I'll suffer much more easily. 

9 hours ago, FCB said:

Two days ago I thought there is no way that I'd be going to the Arsenal road show. Yesterday I bought tickets.

Wullington, Adelaide at the end of S4 cost me big bucks. The 60 dollars for the Gunner game I'll suffer much more easily. 

What has happened in the last two days to change your mind?

Can't have been the game the other night? 

Or are you just lashing $60 so you don't have to put up with abc2 coverage of the game? 

4 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

What has happened in the last two days to change your mind?

Can't have been the game the other night? 

Or are you just lashing $60 so you don't have to put up with abc2 coverage of the game? 

I thought it would be more expensive. And I am starting to feel withdrawal symptons.

Don't really understand the issue of the price tag, I have to say. We pay 30 bucks or so when going to Gosford or Newcastle. Add petrol for the car and petrol for the  stomach you'll end up with more then 60.  

1 minute ago, FCB said:

I thought it would be more expensive. And I am starting to feel withdrawal symptons.

Don't really understand the issue of the price tag, I have to say. We pay 30 bucks or so when going to Gosford or Newcastle. Add petrol for the car and petrol for the  stomach you'll end up with more then 60.  

Pre game beer is in order then? 

It's not really the price, but it is what you get for the price.

You get to see our half complete squad play against Arsenal youths and second teamers.

You get to line the pockets of yet another team who are part of the "elite" European group that are rorting teams in their own confederation out of money, and now they're trying to take over Asia.

You get a shitty atmosphere surrounded by a bunch of Eurosnobs with the odd genuine Gunners fan thrown in.

You get to watch a game where literally none of the players could really care less about the result.

Yeah the finals line the FFA's pockets but at least they're genuine matches we actually care about (mostly).

That said, I understand the withdrawals. I'll still be tempted, but that's exactly what these twats bank on when they rort football fans - that our passion will overcome our disgust at their decisions.

Worst of all, we look so sycophantic, bringing these clubs out and kissing their arses. The only reason I'd want to go is in the faint hope we'd stick it to them. But they couldn't care less if they lost anyway, they'd just write it off as a friendly and they just made a squillion off us.

1 hour ago, mack said:

The clubs & organisers get millions. The FFA get $250k. Who knows what the clubs get, but I bet it's less than the FFA do. I'll ask Tony.

Funny that the SFC Ceo (well soon to be ex-CEO) is more open and approachable than any of our staff are.

Have to agree with this. He came over to our group at the Victory Hotel in Brisbane after the Brissy grand final and spent a good hour chatting with us. 

I've just realised one of the hosts on the ABC coverage was from the B-League. It all makes sense now...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/abc2-coverage-of-liverpool-sydney-fc-host-julian-schiller-has-his-say-on-the-criticised-coverage/news-story/3e2167fc95ff1f9fc8eefd5975fc6a16?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=FoxSportsAus

No one is criticising them for "having a go", they're criticising them for being dickheads. 

On 23/05/2017 at 11:35 AM, Valter43 said:

Michelle Heyman is one of the crusader types. On the pitch she is a wonderful footballer and I enjoy watching her play but **** me dead off it she is annoying. 

What's the point bringing this up months after it happened. She's just still mad we thumped her at Campbeltown last season. 

This was a bit of a sore point for me, so I won't go much further. It wasn't so much just a random Facebook accounts, it was more so that the RBB Facebook page still has a photo of the banner.

Agree, the AFL comment was dumb. They make the right noises but it's like she is oblivious to the culture of the AwFuL clubs down there.

On 24/05/2017 at 8:23 PM, thefairy said:

Wow. Am I watching a funeral?

Anyways switching this shite off. Exibition matches are bad and you should feel bad if you paid good money.

I was going to answer but then Hughsey wrote a perfect reply, spot on mate :good:

On 25/05/2017 at 0:37 PM, MartinTyler said:

No 'staged' rendition of YNWA with Arsenal though

They will try to emulate the library atmosphere inside the emirates stadium. In all fairness, they did a pretty good effort in the Liverpool game. :cheeky:

On 25/05/2017 at 2:19 PM, DinoPresinger said:

I'm sorry but this hysterical crucifying of the coverage shows exactly why football deserves to be where it is today. We can't take a ******* joke. 

ABC recognized what we've all been saying for years, that these games are a joke, a circus put on for the plastics so they treated it as one.

They got comedians in to do comedy. It wasn't funny but I don't think they deserve death threats for doing their jobs poorly when they had little time to prepare on a low budget with an unconventional brief.

The thing that pisses me off the most about the reaction to Chen's interview is that it's clearly a joke but no one stopped to think. Instead they hurl abuse at him.

FFS please think before you type

Come on, you've got to be kidding right? They went for a comedic slant in the coverage but it ended up being a complete joke. Instead of being a Santo, Sam & Ed type successful comedy it ended up being closer to a horror episode of that horrible sbs show that got canned half way during its first season.

The football fans that see these games as plastic and are a joke are guys like us. We are in the minority. The majority see this as a chance to see the stars, who'd pay good money to see there favorite teams they wake up at all hours to watch. They got 75,000 at a canter and you think they saw it as a joke?

You say football fans can't  take a joke? The coverage was akin to a bad joke, a joke that has gone horribly wrong. Football fans know how to have a laugh but this was not one.

On 26/05/2017 at 1:32 PM, FCB said:

The only reason I went to the game was because I have family members who are stadium members. How can I turn down Category A seats?

Within minutes of the kickoff after every game I regret my decision and ask myself why, why did I make the stupid decision to go to this boring unimaginative football match. First Manchester United (less so Juventus), Spurs, Chelsea and now Liverpool. Though can you call them Liverpool? Didn't realize they'd be rolling out half the retired blokes :lol: Nice way to con people into thinking that they were actually playing a full Liverpool team.

Probably should have told you before you bought the tickets :lol: Sorry brother 

Paul Wade breaks with the FFA. He says football will never be No.1  because of the AFL and NRL being the nest competitions and supported by the sports media in Melbourne and Sydney.

Wade will be ostracized by the FFA.

10 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Paul Wade breaks with the FFA. He says football will never be No.1  because of the AFL and NRL being the nest competitions and supported by the sports media in Melbourne and Sydney.

Wade will be ostracized by the FFA.

good. apparently he's a great bloke and doesn't deserve to be a part of that mob of useless furckwits.

Wade is right Football will never be number 1 but I don't think his reason is the only one 

far greater problem is the eurosnob syndrome 

people have no issue spending 200 bucks to watch epl sides come here but cbf going to A-League games - Because afl and nrl are essentially only played here Aussies are used to watching 'world class' level each week and refrain from inferior product 

I'm the same when it comes basketball I love it but never go to nbl for this reason but over next few weeks I'll be chucking sickies to watch Lebron take on the super team warriors 

for me if someone can break down the eurosnob problem only then do we stand a chance of ever getting bigger 

• mack locked this topic