Jump to content
  • Sign in to follow this  

    Melbourne City vs Western Sydney Wanderers 12/11/2017 7:00PM


    mack
    Melbourne City vs Western Sydney Wanderers
    a_league_logo_2017.png

     

    melbourne_city_logo.pngVS western_sydney_logo.png

     

    Date and Local Kick-Off Time at Stadium: 12/11/17
    Sydney Kick-Off Time: 7:00PM EDT
    Round: 6
    Competition: A-League Regular Season
    Location: Melbourne, Victoria
    Stadium: AAMI Park

    View full record

     

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback



    Recommended Comments

    Hopefully, Herd is recovered as well as Thwaite. Perhaps, Llorente to Left wing and Clisby in. Roly to the CAM and Cejudo to right wing.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

    Hopefully, Herd is recovered as well as Thwaite. Perhaps, Llorente to Left wing and Clisby in. Roly to the CAM and Cejudo to right wing.

    Thwaite won’t be in I don’t think. He and Jerrad have been bouncing all over the place to kids events this week according to his LinkedIn.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    WSW: The draw specialists. 

    7:00 on a Sunday should really bring in the crowd too. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    39 minutes ago, sonar said:

    3-0 WSW

    Optimist. Draw or close win.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I don't understand this pushing Llorente forward and bringing in Clisby.

    Clisby is a liability. Llorente can do his work AND more. He is a specialised LB and should remain there. Clisby can stay on the bench or out altogether as far as I'm concerned.

    Llorente will lose his open space and overlap if he is played as LW.

    Also, as said on this week's ATB. It should be a Llorente - Cejudo left wing combination permanently so it can continue to do damage to other teams.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 hours ago, luisenrique said:

    #GombauOut

    Pfffttt got to give him at least 2 games...no win in 2 #GombauOut lol

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    New manager bounce 2-1 win for us. **** even Popa managed to get a first game win with the shower of shyte he took over.

    New managers aways get a good first up result......dont they ? Lol

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Herd & Thwaite are back. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    39 minutes ago, mack said:

    Herd & Thwaite are back. 

    They were listed in last week's squad too though..

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 minutes ago, Erebus said:

    They were listed in last week's squad too though..

    Maybe Gombau took over the WSW website and ignored what Foxe had said last week.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Erebus said:

    I don't understand this pushing Llorente forward and bringing in Clisby.

    Clisby is a liability. Llorente can do his work AND more. He is a specialised LB and should remain there. Clisby can stay on the bench or out altogether as far as I'm concerned.

    Llorente will lose his open space and overlap if he is played as LW.

    Also, as said on this week's ATB. It should be a Llorente - Cejudo left wing combination permanently so it can continue to do damage to other teams.

    Llorente has played in the past and this his alternate position in Transfermarket.

    Well, if Llorente played left back, they can skin Manny Muscat and leave Jumpei/Hamill to work on Jamieson (if he plays). Get Herd to man man up to Malik and it could be an excellent game.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    so far from llorente I'm more impressed with him going forward 

    defending I still have question marks the way he stood off in the derby and let that shot come was strange considering that was the only present danger 

    there's been a few other times I can recall he's been a little suspect 

    he's got a great engine and passing ability I'm sure he will be more steady as season progresses 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Leave Llorente where he is look at the goal against victory. Him linking with Cejudo and Reira is about the only thing that is working for us in attack. 

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Overall agree, however one shouldn't underestimate Risdon's  attacking and consequently his accurate crossing to Riera.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Llorente won't make or break this side.  Our creative midfielders need to do their job and supply opportunities.  Oreo is good enough to score and our defence is adequate too. It's our creative engine that concerns me. If Josep can get that right we are a chance. If not scrape in at 4 the best we can hope for 

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    12 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

    Llorente won't make or break this side.  Our creative midfielders need to do their job and supply opportunities.  Oreo is good enough to score and our defence is adequate too. It's our creative engine that concerns me. If Josep can get that right we are a chance. If not scrape in at 4 the best we can hope for 

     

    Llorente and Risdon should be the key to how we play, both capable of getting forward and crossing the ball. Reira is possible the best scorer of headers in the league. #overlappingfullbacktastic

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I like our side. 

    What killed us is switch off in the second half of the game.

    Bridge still needs to get fit.

    I prefered roly in a more front position than bridge.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

    The goal against victory is what we need to be doing to teams regularly

    3-4 times a game!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Get your act together, girls.

    • we buried them in the first half >> we should have buried them in the first half
    • we played 90 minutes full steam >> we ran out of puff after 60 minutes

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Melbourne "No One Gives a **** About" City will be on the bounce after  last week. Is it just me or do they seem to be playing better without Fakaroli and Mr Vi$sion in the starting line up? At least they're winning (last week aside of course).

    That city is there's, 20,000 empty seats, who ******* cares :rofl:

    New manager, a win is on the cards me thinks :)

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

    Melbourne "No One Gives a **** About" City will be on the bounce after  last week. Is it just me or do they seem to be playing better without Fakaroli and Mr Vi$sion in the starting line up? At least they're winning (last week aside of course).

    That city is there's, 20,000 empty seats, who ******* cares :rofl:

    New manager, a win is on the cards me thinks :)

    It's you mate.

    They have stiffened up their spine with Muscat, Bart, La Rocca, Jamieson 

    Plus Jakobsen in DM.

    I'm still hoping for a win with a ref without grudges like Gillett 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Attacking line up should be interesting to see if Gombau tweeks the formation, tipping a hard fought win that's if var doesn't screw us in favor of $ity.

    Come on you wanderers 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Hey you never know maybe with Gombau we will start playing with 2 forwards

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I was thinking that as city play 3 at the back so target them with santa/Oreo pressing with Cedeju and roly in midfield trying to feed them and play more direct rather than run around them. Have Sotirio and bridge on each wing, leave out Jumpei for last 30minutes, take off both bridge,Santa for a fresh last 30" when we seem to drop off games.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Guest
    This is now closed for further comments



×