Jason Trifiro

Date Of Birth: 06/03/1988
Nation: Australia
Birthplace: Winston Hills, Australia
Squad Number: 23
Position: Central Midfield
Secondary Positions:

Joined Wanderers: 08/02/2012
Contract Details: 1 year initial contract. 1 year extension 1st of May 2013. 1 year extension 21st of May 2014.
Contract Finish: 2014/15
Previous Club: Northcote City
Wanderers Debut: 27th October 2012 vs Brisbane Roar

Wanderers A-League Appearances: 37
Wanderers A-League Goals: 0

Wanderers ACL Appearances: 11
Wanderers ACL Goals: 0

Wanderers FFA Cup Appearances: 1
Wanderers FFA Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Club World Cup Appearances: 1
Wanderers Club World Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Total Appearances: 50
Wanderers Total Goals: 0

Yearly Appearances & Goals: 2012/13: 14 (0), 2013/14: 15 (0), 2014/15: 21 (0)

International Team: Australia
International Caps: 0
International Goals: 0

Club Exit Date: 05/16/2015

Individual Awards:

Team Honours: A-League Premiership Winner (2012/13), Asian Champions League Winner (2014).

Highlight: Man of the Match against Guizhou Renhe in the Asian Champions League Group Stage Match 6.
Highlight:
Highlight:

Description: Jason Trifiro had played several years in the NSW Premier League, but found a niche as an able rotation option that helped Tony Popovic improve his squad depth, earning two successive contract extensions.

View full record

• 1 month later...

While everyone was talking about Joey Gibbs being on debut, Trifiro also made his debut after coming on as a sub in the second half of the match against the Roar. Did a good job for his short stint.

I agree, His first bit of A-League football and he did very well for the time he was on. Fantastic to see!

Love to see him play vs Perth and go up against a former State team mate in Scotty Jamieson. As A/C for NSW back in '04 I thought these two were amongst our best. I was so happy for him to finally get a A-League gig! A more than capable substitute midfielder! Go Tricky!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very tidy player, very happy on how he is inducting himself into the a-league.

Trifiro is just graceful on the ball and in midfield.

He definitely plays the role of an impact player well, bringing energy to an often flatter second half. i don,t think I've seen a bad game from the kid yet.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He does everything in one speed; tortoise. Has a nice touch, but seldom if ever seen him play anything more than a standard ball. No physical presence whatsoever, bundled off the ball time and again. Movement is poor and laboured, he is often caught in possession, which, coupled with his aforementioned qualities, renders him a nothing prospect. We are better served by playing youth rather than this hack.

His performance against CC at home last season was up there as the worst I've seen from a footballer. The improvement in our play when he got sent off was a sight to behold.

No redeeming characteristics whatsoever.