Dino Kresinger

Date Of Birth: 03/20/1982
Nation: Croatia
Birthplace: Cakovec, Croatia
Squad Number: 9
Position: Target Man
Secondary Positions:

Joined Wanderers: 08/13/2012
Contract Details: 1 year initial contract.
Contract Finish: 2012/13
Previous Club: Cibalia
Wanderers Debut: 6th October 2012 vs Central Coast Mariners

Wanderers A-League Appearances: 25
Wanderers A-League Goals: 2

Wanderers ACL Appearances: 0
Wanderers ACL Goals: 0

Wanderers FFA Cup Appearances:
Wanderers FFA Cup Goals:

Wanderers Club World Cup Appearances: 0
Wanderers Club World Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Total Appearances: 25
Wanderers Total Goals: 2

Yearly Appearances & Goals:

International Team: Croatia
International Caps: 0
International Goals: 0

Club Exit Date: 04/29/2013

Individual Awards:

Team Honours: A-League Premiership Winner (2012/13).

Highlight: Scored his first ever goal for the Wanderers against Adelaide in Round 12, Season 2012/13 on 21/12/2012.
Highlight: Scored the first ever goal for the Wanderers in an A-League Finals match against Brisbane in the Semi-Final, Season 2012/13 on 12/04/2013.
Highlight:

Description: A strong target man who was the focal point of the Wanderers tactical play in the first season. Despite his lack of goal-scoring, he became a cult hero for the Wanderers faithful. Arguably the success of the Wanderers in qualifying for the Asian Champions League, with it's 3+1 foreign player rule, was the final reason for being released.

View full record

To kick off some playing discussion here are some small facts about Mr Dino from my Croatian friend Ivan:

Dino Kresinger is pronounced Deenoh Kreh-singer(as a person who sings). He was born in Čakovec, small town in a region called Međimurje, one of the richer regions in Croatia that is known for it's hard working people.

While playing for Cibalia he was adored by the fans (especially Cibalia Ultras called "Ultras Cibalia") and teammates. Some even go as far saying he's one of their best and most beloved players ever. Didn't earn wages that he should have and no one was mad at him leaving knowing that. He also said himself he'll never play for another Croatian club except Cibalia.

• 2 months later...

Nope, it's not like he's playing well but lacking goals, or been unlucky, or worked hard with no reward as yet. He hasn't looked remotely like doing anything useful. The most useful thing he's done is get a player sent off, and to be honest if he had of stayed on his feet it probably would have been his best chance to score so far. We haven't seen much of his finishing, which could be his strength, I don't know. But really I don't think he has a chance in getting himself into positions to score anyway. 

So no, the fact that his name is anywhere near the team sheet still amazes and frustrates me to no end every time I see it. Every time I see his face, my faith in Popa slips a little.

Would've loved him to take the pen in order to hopefully kickstart something within himself. Hopefully he can get his confidence up soon.

I wanted him to have the pen as well.

I'd like him to get a game with Gibbs, 4-4-2.

Would've loved him to take the pen in order to hopefully kickstart something within himself. Hopefully he can get his confidence up soon.

I wanted him to have the pen as well.

I'd like him to get a game with Gibbs, 4-4-2.

4-4-2 is against the clubs playing philosophy.

4-4-2, against our religion....

Back on Dino. He showed a spark against the roar, let's hope something has been lit

Shot on target against ESFC! Jokes aside you could see the hunger he had last night. Beating fabio (I think it was) down the right was impressive! His pace seemed to be up and his determination was great. Shows the difference our support gives him

to the tune of the french song Alouette.

Dino Kresinger, Dino Dino Kresinger

Dino Kresinger ooh we love you so

Do we love his baldy head?

Yes we love his baldy head.

Baldy head, baldy head

bandy legs, bandy legs

burst of spped, burst of speed

he'll score a goal, he'll score a goal

OHHHH Dino Kresinger, Dino ,Dino, Kresinger

Dino Kresinger Oh we love you so.