Jerome Polenz

mack

He's looking for compensation for the final year of his contract.  Sounds to me like he's spent and just looking for cash before changing career.  Avoid.

I wouldn't avoid him based on his desire to get a decent return on his contract being brought to an end a year beforehand. However I wouldn't be keen to see him brought into a Wanderers set up that has moved on tactically and structurally since he was with us.

I'm not sure of the financials but a club like Newy or CCM, if they could work out the visa spots/payment issues, could do nicely with him, assuming JP was hungry to do well. If he is (and none of us will really know) just changing down his career then an NPL level club would be better value for him and for them, in a player/coaching role perhaps.

• 5 months later...

He should have taken the offer Popa gave him at S2's end instead of chasing the $

Hindsight shows that was the beginning of the end for him.

Whether he would have remained one of the best RBs in the league if he stayed with us is another story though. But he could have become our Cassio ie dependable and a sure pick every week in that RB position for years.

He should have taken the offer Popa gave him at S2's end instead of chasing the $

Hindsight shows that was the beginning of the end for him.

Whether he would have remained one of the best RBs in the league if he stayed with us is another story though. But he could have become our Cassio ie dependable and a sure pick every week in that RB position for years.

A man has to make a living. The offer was less than he was on as an 18 year old football apprentice in Germany. There comes a time when accepting a pay cut is like an act of disrespecting yourself.

Would love to see him back one day though.

• 9 months later...

Seen this on Jerome's Facebook page:

A new journey has started in my hometown #Berlin.

Come & follow me on #Instagram to see what it looks like! 1f60e.png😎1f338.png🌸1f3ad.png🎭

1f449.png👉 instagram.com/jerome_polenz

Image may contain: 2 people, people sitting

Also has himself down as gardening and a marketing manager.

Sehr traurig to see this happen...still the best right back we ever had and if he and the club had sorted their shite out at the end of season 2 no reason he could've given us a few more seasons' worth of value.
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
20 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

Geez, Polenz is aging:

May be an image of 3 people, people standing and outdoors

Berisha looks like he could own a bakery or a pizza joint with that moustache. 

I didn't realise but Polenz is the assistant manager for Hertha BSC II while Broich is the head of Methodology for the Youth team. 

i'd take them over Petratos, Ibini & Ogawa right now