Interesting Football Stuff.

Benched

This, nothing can beat that feeling when aloisi slotted that penalty.

Still brings a tear to the eye watching it 8 years later. I doubt that will ever go away. When I'm watching it in another 30 years time, showing my grand kids  I'm sure I will still have the same raw emotional response to his momentous day in Australian Sporting History 16/11/2005.

• 5 months later...

Not sure where else to post this, but perhaps it fits here:

Couple score after final whistle
 729brondby-620x349.jpg

A pixellated version of a photo circulating on Twitter of a couple's amorous embrace on the field of Brondby football club in Denmark.

The hunt is on for a couple of amorous Danish fans pictured having sex on the football pitch where their team had just played out a tedious 0-0 draw.

A photograph of the daring pair, who remain unidentified, has gone viral on the internet.

The two fans were spotted under floodlights in the pitch’s centre circle by security staff at Brondby’s Copenhagen ground, following a scoreless match against rival Randers on Sunday.

Subsequently, a picture of the fans was posted on Twitter.

Advertisement

“I do not know who posted the pic,†Brondby IF spokesman Mikkel Davidsen told AFP.

“Great match, but disappointed over the 0-0 and many missed chances. But the couple …in the centre circle helps the mood,†Davidsen wrote on Twitter.

“We have several eyewitnesses,†he added.

After they were spotted, the pair were told to put their clothes back on and leave the stadium.

Brondby are currently at the bottom of the Danish Superliga championship tournamen

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football/couple-score-after-final-whistle-20130828-2sp50.html#ixzz2dHeehSeX
Edited by ManfredSchaefer

Hi All

The Sydney Morning Herald posted a short video of Celtic and Juventus fans showing sportmanship by exchanging scarves over a barrier

This was great, but I wonder how many fans were smashed before or after this :)

None i bet, there's a great mutual respect between them due to their long history of Catholicism. Plus most people like to drink with Celtic fans rather than throw chairs or stab them like the Italians would do to supporters of an English team.

Just to back that up about a month ago Pirlo said “It’s an insult Celtic have to enter the qualifiers this early on. It is an insult to the history of the club — and to all they have achieved in Europe recently. As champions they should not need to qualify. It is not fitting for a club of their size.†Whatta dude.

Edited by RBB
  • 2 weeks later...

Forget the millions of dollars, fashionistas and eccentrics, this is what football should be about: Afghanistan has won its first international trophy.

"Afghanistan, which were a founding member of the Asian Football Confederation in 1954, has a long football history but only recently re-emerged on the world scene after decades of war and insurgency.

When the Taliban ruled from 1996-2001, it severely restricted sports and football stadiums were used to stage executions of those who ran afoul of the Islamist movement's harsh laws.

Afghanistan has never played at the FIFA World Cup, or even at the Asian Cup. But the country has been getting better in recent years, rising up the FIFA rankings to No.139 on the latest list."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1167085/Afghanistan-wins-SAFF-Championship

Edited by Carns

Forget the millions of dollars, fashionistas and eccentrics, this is what football should be about: Afghanistan has won its first international trophy.

"Afghanistan, which were a founding member of the Asian Football Confederation in 1954, has a long football history but only recently re-emerged on the world scene after decades of war and insurgency.

When the Taliban ruled from 1996-2001, it severely restricted sports and football stadiums were used to stage executions of those who ran afoul of the Islamist movement's harsh laws.

Afghanistan has never played at the FIFA World Cup, or even at the Asian Cup. But the country has been getting better in recent years, rising up the FIFA rankings to No.139 on the latest list."

i think the socceroos are #138...

i think the socceroos are #138...

Not when the next rankings come out, they'll be lucky to crack #200  :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...