Active Support/Supporter Groups in A-League/State League Football

MarcelFC

After reading a few articles about Australian football/NSL v A-League/Australian support, I'm just wondering for each of the A-League clubs and State League clubs (interested in mostly NSW), what are the names of their "active support/supporter groups" (main groups and subgroups.) It's just peaked my curiosity.

I'm going to list the few I know but please feel free to add if you know.

A-League

Western Sydney Wanderers - Red and Black Bloc (RBB), West Ends Massive (WEM)
Sydney FC - The Cove
Adelaide United - Red Army, South End Lads, A13/IRR
Perth Glory - The Shed, GFU
Melbourne Victory - Blue and White Brigade (BWB), Horda
Melbourne Heart - Yarraside
Brisbane Roar - The Den, River City Crew/Collective (RCC)
Wellington Phoenix - Yellow Fever
Central Coast Mariners - The Marinators
Newcastle Jets - The Squadron
(Defunct) Gold Coast United -The Beach
(Defunct) North Queensland Fury - F-Troop
(Defunct) New Zealand Knights - Bloc 5

NSWPL/NSL/Other
Sydney United - Sydney United Supporters (SUS)
Sydney Olympic - Olympic Ultras
APIA Tigers
Marconi Stallions
Bonnyrigg White Eagles - Avala
Blacktown City FC
Blacktown Spartans
Manly United
South Coast Wolves
Sutherland Sharks
Parramatta FC
Bankstown City Lions - Lions Pride

Cheers

Edited by MarcelFC

apia have something called apia fanatics. pretty much they are syd fc fans supporting the state league

south coast used to have something, not sure of the name though.

and i think central coast are now the yellow army

Yeah they do surprisingly enough, they came to Edensor last season around 10 or so, and roughly the same when we played there away… (more your scarfers type, family etc)… if they are still around this season to come is yet to be seen

Wolves have actives?

they have remained active through since the end of the NSL. I dont know anyone who is part of the active group and not sure what they are called now.

I briefly flirted with being an active supporter of the Wolves when I lived there in the late 90's. We didn't really have an official name however we had chants, flags, banners etc and regularly booked buses to travel to games.

Wolves have actives?

they have remained active through since the end of the NSL. I dont know anyone who is part of the active group and not sure what they are called now.

You sure? Only supporters I've seen at their home games have been families or away support. Watching the SUS boys rocking flares at WIN was more exciting than the particular fixture on the day.

Wondering if you guys have also been banned from having from having pull over tifo's ???

Nope.

Funny how, all the dicksucking and ratting in your own esfc supporters for smoking in trains, flares etc etc over the years, has all come back and bite you on the arse.

Goes to show a charter is the worst thing for a supporters group, 1 slip up and u have everything banned lol

Apia tigers - apia likeithard ultraz

how does the BWB work? It's split up into north and south terrace or something isnt it? One is south american/european style and one is english style?

The North Terrace is made up of many supporter groups, BWB is one of the core groups that lead in the Terrace. Some of the groups in there include Horda, ITA, M3, Backrow Hooligans, Chile and many more. They are constantly working together to make it happen. Their style of support is mostly European with also some chants from Britain. Even though there are no terraces at AAMI Park or Etihad, it's called the North Terrace because they used to stand on the terrace at Olympic Park. The media incorrectly calls the North Terrace the BWB, this is unfair on all the other support groups.

The South End is a completely separate end of the stadium. It was started at Olympic Park by SDC and it grew popular really quickly. They support the team in a British style, because they want to sing without feeling pressured and without jumping around so they don't spill their beers. The Sound End is really popular amongst British expats. They are much more laid back compared to the North Terrace and sing when they feel like it, it can be quite disorganized but when they're in full voice they are very strong.

Edited by Victoryguy

how does the BWB work? It's split up into north and south terrace or something isnt it? One is south american/european style and one is english style?

The North Terrace is made up of many supporter groups, BWB is one of the core groups that lead in the Terrace. Some of the groups in there include Horda, ITA, M3, Backrow Hooligans, Chile and many more. They are constantly working together to make it happen. Their style of support is mostly European with also some chants from Britain. Even though there are no terraces at AAMI Park or Etihad, it's called the North Terrace because they used to stand on the terrace at Olympic Park. The media incorrectly calls the North Terrace the BWB, this is unfair on all the other support groups.

The South End is a completely separate end of the stadium. It was started at Olympic Park by SDC and it grew popular really quickly. They support the team in a British style, because they want to sing without feeling pressured and without jumping around so they don't spill their beers. The Sound End is really popular amongst British expats. They are much more laid back compared to the North Terrace and sing when they feel like it, it can be quite disorganized but when they're in full voice they are very strong.

Man that sounds messy and complicated. I hope we never get like that.

SDC have a lot of hardcore followers from england?

cardiff, newcastle fans etc?

SDC have a lot of hardcore followers from england?

cardiff, newcastle fans etc?

I wouldn't say SDC specifically, SDC started the South End, but these days the majority of people there are not SDC, though SDC is still there.

But ya, the South End has many former British football followers from all over, Leeds, Blackburn, Liverpool, Celtic, QPR, Rangers, Newcastle, everything!

Edited by Victoryguy